PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Totally Screwing Itself Over...

Nyxs
18-04-2011, 11:39 AM
After the Update we Now Have a "LOVELY" New Layout for the Friends BAr and the Chat system! - Bloody horrible

And theyve moved the Room Info - Zoom Out Buttons YET AGAIN!
I Think HAbbo is Slowly Destroying itself tbh.... Pointless update

Catzsy
18-04-2011, 11:40 AM
They do seem to be losing their way a bit. :(

TonyBest
18-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Ok after the recent maintenance I have noticed quite a few updates:
Friends Bar been changed.
Chat bar has changed and moved to the middle. And if you hold shift the Say box turns into Shout
Room Info button is now at the top right near the credits/pixel box, and the box can be dragged around the room.

So far these are the main things i have spotted. If i find more i'll let you know

Threads merged by Jordan (Forum Moderator) as they contain the same topic

Jordan
18-04-2011, 11:42 AM
None of this has happened to me yet.

Mine looks like this: http://i52.tinypic.com/33kfamu.png

not like this: http://i52.tinypic.com/28hcr3b.png

and I have reloaded, but im glad it hasn't changed yet :)

Ed.
Why do they feel the need to change these things? They're making the whole game screen less see-able. Like the bars all block things out!

Frisky
Very pointless update. Was hoping the setting for "hide Friendbar" would be out.

myke
Spew! i don't like it :( I prefer it was the old way.

TonyBest
18-04-2011, 11:43 AM
None of this has happened to me yet.

Mine looks like this: http://i52.tinypic.com/33kfamu.png

not like this: http://i52.tinypic.com/28hcr3b.png

and I have reloaded, but im glad it hasn't changed yet :)

Reload the hotel and you will see the changes

Mathew
18-04-2011, 11:44 AM
I do agree, not very good at all!

From what I can see..

"Room Info" has been moved to the top so it now drops down. That window is then moveable.
"Room Info" has therefore been taken away from the side panel, giving more space (for quests I assume).
The chat box font has changed and it's centralised.
There's the option to click "Say", although hitting the return key still works.
The friends bar has been centralised and they've just made it so 4 friends appear at once as opposed to it stretching across the whole window. I'm still waiting for the option where you can turn this off though.. goodness knows what benefits it has :rolleyes:

Anything else?

http://i54.tinypic.com/2z5kh2q.png

Jordan
18-04-2011, 11:46 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2h3udc4.png

I'm not sure why this even had to be added

@Matt i think its because you only have 4 friends on because mine has 7 friends along the bottom

TonyBest
18-04-2011, 11:50 AM
I do agree, not very good at all!

From what I can see..

"Room Info" has been moved to the top so it now drops down. That window is then moveable.
"Room Info" has therefore been taken away from the side panel, giving more space (for quests I assume).
The chat box font has changed and it's centralised.
There's the option to click "Say", although hitting the return key still works.
The friends bar has been centralised and they've just made it so 4 friends appear at once as opposed to it stretching across the whole window. I'm still waiting for the option where you can turn this off though.. goodness knows what benefits it has :rolleyes:

Anything else?

http://i54.tinypic.com/2z5kh2q.png

It shows 7 at once for me, but that could be due to the screen size I have, 1366x768

Andii
18-04-2011, 11:51 AM
im actually really really ragin at this. . . it looks like such a mess .. . ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Pigperson
18-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Sorry, but that is the worst update ever. The friends bar is SO MUCH shorter now, we don't even need the Friend's list label and to make it that long? :@

Also, the talk bar is hideous and acts as more of a room cover up :@

Also the room info is in the worst position and the zoom position hasn't been moved back to the side :@

Will

Mark
18-04-2011, 12:24 PM
This is absolutely ****! Habbo have killed the whole game, changing everything. The my friends bar is reduced for no reason meaning it will take us just the same time to scroll through to find our friend as it would to click on the tab. The have changed the chat found only in the typing bit. Also, when you hold shift the Say button turns into Shout

myke
18-04-2011, 12:32 PM
bleurgh I've only just realised how mingign the chat bar is now LOL. Lovely. I'm starting to be put off now.

orientalframe?
18-04-2011, 12:34 PM
They've gone too far with the "slight" changes. It's completely wrecked it, the friend bar is just distracting and not too appealing. Typing to chat is what I also dislike, it looks odd in the middle of the screen, and again ruins it. No decent changes have been made :(

Nick
18-04-2011, 12:38 PM
The friends bar is alright you can say :P but all the rest is crap

Mr-Trainor
18-04-2011, 12:49 PM
The most annoying thing imo is that the box to speak in a room doesn't expand when you type more.
I don't mind the Room Info update though, although it wasn't easy to find at first!

Andy-
18-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Habbo is really annoying me, the Room Info took me a while to find until someone told me and the chat abr looks horrible.

Rixion
18-04-2011, 01:05 PM
There actually wasn't any need for it to be changed in the first place..

pixie-dustpink
18-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Im loving the updates, they're brilliant ! -sarcasm

Michael
18-04-2011, 01:22 PM
When the 'me' box is open it looks stupid :(

Circadia
18-04-2011, 01:29 PM
All of these updates they are making are making habbo lag maybe not when you type but when you move it takes ages to walk where you want to. The 'My Friends' bit of the friend bar is far to big. When you open the 'Me' box it goes underneath the my friends bar which is annoying and looks horrible! The chat bar is disgusting. All of these are pointless updates and make client look ugly. Bring back the days before BETA and all this updating crap!

-Danube-
18-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Tbh they should remove the friends bar.

Habbo need to sort themselves out imo. They keep doing updates every week which are POINTLESS, it's been a long time since an update was released and everyone went 'Oh wow thats really good'. It sounds silly but they need to update less often.

sammy
18-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Okay this little chat bar is actually so disgusting it's unreal. I hate it being in the middle and the font is so horrible :(. Idk why they keep trying to change the volter font, it was fine as it was :(.

:.JessLiu.:
18-04-2011, 01:37 PM
It's just ridiculous I have a netbook so the screen size is 10.1 inches and I could only just see my Habbo. Now? I can't see anything practically. I dragged my chat log a bit too far and couldn't close it. Had to reload. =L

Michael
18-04-2011, 01:44 PM
I dont see the point in the friend bar, why a friend bar when we have a friends LIST.

Floreat
18-04-2011, 01:50 PM
It really is horrible. One thing you might have missed, though (although I can't be certain it was with this update. I think it was because it fits perfectly in the box:)

http://i56.tinypic.com/eqa3hj.png

I don't mind the font they're using as a font but it doesn't fit Habbo at all. Really, really annoyed here.

e5
18-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Whats wrong with it?! I like it alot better!

tylermunjkt
18-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Hate it....

smiffy70
18-04-2011, 03:02 PM
to be quite honest ever since beta habbo has gone down hill, if they had intergrated it slightly, with the furni and things they have now it would be great. but no matter how many times we tell them, they have to put un-neccasary things in and thats how they are gunna keep going till eventually habbo crumbles

Eric
18-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Slowly Habbo players are getting lesser and habbo will close down :)

Pillow-Face
18-04-2011, 05:19 PM
I have a netbook also (not complaining cos i love it), so my screen for habbo is already kinda small, which is ok cos i can still see it, but with the new friends bar and say bar, the screen is so much smaller.

I see no problem with how the say bar used to be, it was too the side, everyone knew it was where you type to talk, and to press enter etc. new users would come in saying they were new and asking for friends, so even brand new users new what the say bar was.

Having the say bar in the middle of the screen distracts from and covers up the room you are in, and there is no reason to have a "say" button. If people have the keys to type, then they can press enter.

Also the friends bar being smaller makes no sense. it still takes up the length of the whole screen, yet you can only veiw 4 friends? I find this very pointless.

Also I don't see why the room info is now where it is. It makes more sense, and is easier for users, if the room info is on the side bar with everyting else.

From what I see on this thread, most people dislike the changes. I understand that they just want to make habbo better and up to date etc. but if you mess with things too much you ruin it, which is what is happening to Habbo.

Personally I had only just gotten used to the other changes to Habbo a little while ago and now suddenly it's changed again.

I think they should stop trying to make habbo "better" because they are making it worse. In the last few days I have been lucky enough to be given things in alot of giverways because so many people are leaving. which is good for me because I got free furni (haha) but the point is people are leaving, partly because of the horrible changes and partly because of how expencive it is to play habbo if you want VIP or furni. And lets be honest, Habbo isn't very fun without credits etc.

Anyway. Don't like changes. :(

Jordan
18-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Puh said they found a new toolbar

http://i56.tinypic.com/262rzv6.png

I can't believe they are going to change this too. We're all so use to it and they just change it all.

I've just realised as well the FRIENDS have been removed off the toolbar in the screenie above meaning maybe there won't be a friend bar disable option and the bar at the bottom will be permanent freeing up space on the left?

Moh
18-04-2011, 05:24 PM
omg, what have they actually done?!?!

It just looks so rushed and cheap now and this new font is just terrible!

This will soon take over:

http://i54.tinypic.com/f093br.jpg

Edit: Just noticed it was posted above LOL

Nyxs
18-04-2011, 05:49 PM
What i think they should do is:

Make them "Drop Down Menus", Make it So They take up a litlle Box in the bottom left hand corner - Clcik on each of the Arrow THEN The Friend Bar Slides out and the Other BAr Slides Up, then click the Arrow again and theyll drop back down into the little box.

That is What you should do Habbo!!!!!

Andy-
18-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Habbo should just go back to the old way, before some of the Beta things were released.

Pillow-Face
18-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Habbo should just go back to the old way, before some of the Beta things were released.

I like some things now i'm used to it. Like VIP (even though I can't afford it) and i even got used to the friends bar, but they have gone too far! They aren't brining anything new to Habbo, just needlessly changing things that don't need changing.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it!

HotelUser
18-04-2011, 07:08 PM
They've just broken Habbo

Andy-
18-04-2011, 07:28 PM
I agree their are some aspects of Habbo that should stay the same and some that should be removed as they are not beneficial.

Ajthedragon
18-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I liked the update - I think it looks much better and refreshing. And with maybe a few more face lifts the friend bar could be quite good. Nobody likes change at first, but I like what these changes are becoming. It's the graphics I dislike, the shading looks awful.

We are the Beta hotel after all...

Elegance
18-04-2011, 10:44 PM
hate the friends bar, whats the point if you have a friends list.

Stephen
18-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Very pointless update. Was hoping the setting for "hide Friendbar" would be out.

Lol same. Really big disappointment. Friends bar is pissing me offff

A
18-04-2011, 11:38 PM
I will agree here, the new update is awful and should be bluddy removed! - On the other hand, VIP Frogs? Don't get the idea of them either :/

Alkaz
18-04-2011, 11:38 PM
They really are shooting their self in the foot just for the sake of updates which aren't needed or wanted.

They should take their self back to the business plan they had about 5 tears ago when Habbo really was good.

Stephen
18-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Years ago habbo was interested in the community and not just money

Ms.Aquamarine
18-04-2011, 11:45 PM
If only they could listen to us sometimes.. lol.
Most of the new features are totally unnecessary.

Pillow-Face
19-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Could we not send them a like to this thread via customer support or users voise or something?

geo
19-04-2011, 12:25 AM
I always forget where the room info is :( It's such a crap update.

,Love
19-04-2011, 02:36 AM
I love how they always ask users to take polls
& When they ask " what should Habbo do to make it better. "
I always put stop changing it. & Look what they do,
There seriously sooner or later will be missing alot
of users from playin Habbo, because they always have to change crap.
Anyways I don't like it. It's annoying,

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!