PDA

View Full Version : Do you think habbo will ever shut down?

westerny
19-04-2011, 03:15 AM
Well do you think habbo will shut down soon?

Thread moved by sct (Forum Super Moderator) From 'Habbo News & Rumours'

Eric
19-04-2011, 03:32 AM
I think it will :) Everybody hates the new Beta version of Habbo. we really want the old habbo to come back.

Stephen
19-04-2011, 03:34 AM
Yes I think it will but I also think that people spamming random subjects on habbo in habbo news forum will get banned faster than habbo closing

Jordan
19-04-2011, 07:53 AM
It's clearly not going to keep running for ever is it!

Zuth
19-04-2011, 08:35 AM
I dont think it will close just yet, sulake is making millions from it

Mr-Trainor
19-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Well I'm sure that it will one day, but I don't think it'll be any time soon!

GirlNextDoor15
19-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes if their budjet is not enough to run those versions now

Michael
19-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Around the time of 2015 I suppose?

matt$
19-04-2011, 10:20 AM
With the updates its having and if it carries on doing more i reckon people will just slowly leave or a competitor might arise and take their users.

Zuth
19-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Maybe a bit longer, sulake makes loads from habbo

Calvin
19-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Of course they're going to shut down. I really think they may shut within a few years because people will eventually leave it due to the updates etc. and either move onto another virtual world like Bebo did.

Andy-
19-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Once they do i'm going back to runescape.

Zuth
19-04-2011, 12:26 PM

Yer i might do this too, i played it for a few months but found habbo, runescape is a bit laggy for me though, still will go back soon

AgnesIO
19-04-2011, 12:28 PM

No. Way. Enough said.

I think it will :) Everybody hates the new Beta version of Habbo. we really want the old habbo to come back.

That won't make it close. Clearly you don't all hate it that much OR YOU WOULDN'T STILL BE PLAYING IT

---

Habbo probably won't close for years and years to come. It will continue to evolve. Virtual worlds still have a huge place in this world, however when consoles take a larger slice of the virtual world section (with multiplayer becoming so big etc), Habbo will lose some of its share in the market. It won't just close though - it would probably get sold. Look at Bebo - absolutely shocking, lost HUGE amounts of its power in social networking - they didn't jut put up a notice and close it though.

---------- Post added 19-04-2011 at 01:29 PM ----------

By the time they do, I would be worried if you went back to RS

Andy-
19-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Lool Runescape is a good game but I just cant be bothered with it, and Habbo will never close as the make money from our dislike. We don't like the new Beta but we still play it because we enjoy it.

Michael
19-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Well by 2015, Habbo will obviously have changed massively I suspect.

AgnesIO
19-04-2011, 01:21 PM

We need to remember 2015 is only four years away.

Habbo in 2007 isn't that different to what it is now - more clothes now, more furniture and a different 'look' to the client.

But essentially it is a very similar game to what is was in 2007

Michael
19-04-2011, 01:39 PM
We need to remember 2015 is only four years away.

Habbo in 2007 isn't that different to what it is now - more clothes now, more furniture and a different 'look' to the client.

But essentially it is a very similar game to what is was in 2007

With Sulake playing the way they are playing now, who knows what Habbo will turn out like

Conservative,
19-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Habbo won't close for a long time. 2010 was Sulake's most profitable year yet, so I don't think it's doing too badly despite what people who use fansites say.

The thing is, people who use fansites are normally bored of habbo and so use fansites to try and find new things to do etc. and they can moan about habbo, thus creating a feeling that it's becoming unpopular, however when you look at it...how many people use fansites on a regular basis...? 1,000? If that? And daily there is 100,000+ habbos online...so basically 1% of habbos use fansites where people moan about how bad it's become. The other 99% don't really care and just take it in their stride.

geo
19-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Well I'm sure that it will one day, but I don't think it'll be any time soon!

I agree with this, it's obvious that not everyone hates it as it's doing quite well and lots of people are still on it. But i do think it will shut down some day

,Love
19-04-2011, 06:02 PM
The way it's heading now, with everything changing and Habbo becoming Money Hungry,
I believe it'll close in a few years. Maybe around 2015. I give it that,

---------- Post added 19-04-2011 at 01:04 PM ----------

Wow great minds think alike. I didn't even read the responds until after I posted my thought. I think Habbo will be closing 2015 aswell.

AgnesIO
19-04-2011, 07:38 PM
The way it's heading now, with everything changing and Habbo becoming Money Hungry,
I believe it'll close in a few years. Maybe around 2015. I give it that,

---------- Post added 19-04-2011 at 01:04 PM ----------

Wow great minds think alike. I didn't even read the responds until after I posted my thought. I think Habbo will be closing 2015 aswell.

Not a chance.

Thomas
19-04-2011, 07:40 PM
ye it will then everyone will play runescape like they should.

Jessicrawrr
19-04-2011, 07:52 PM
After a while people will stop using habbo, so sulake won't make any money, so they'll close it.

geo
19-04-2011, 08:02 PM
After a while people will stop using habbo, so sulake won't make any money, so they'll close it.

I don't really agree. The older people will quit - but then there will be the younger people still playing, and with Habbo bringing out new furni and updating it all the time people won't know how much habbo has changed over time, they will just get on with it like we all did and then it may just stay popular.

AgnesIO
19-04-2011, 08:15 PM

Last I checked Habbo has been open for ten years.

So, when do you think people will just stop using it? When world war three starts?

Michael
19-04-2011, 08:19 PM
The truth is, at the moment no one knows when Habbo will close.

A
19-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I honestly do think it will, they merged all habbo's together to save on money, so what does this show you? I think habbo will be gone in at least 10 years time, if not before to be honest!

AgnesIO
19-04-2011, 08:38 PM
I honestly do think it will, they merged all habbo's together to save on money, so what does this show you? I think habbo will be gone in at least 10 years time, if not before to be honest!

Because they could make more money.

2010 for Sulakes biggest earner from Habbo.

Zak
19-04-2011, 08:45 PM
I can imagine Habbo's profit margin is very high, especially with the amount of users they have. I'm with Milestone on this as I share his views on a lot of things to be honest.

Off topic: Love how the thread starter is banned.

Michael
19-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Because they could make more money.

2010 for Sulakes biggest earner from Habbo.

Yeh, 2010 was Habbo's biggest earner because of the merge.

-Danube-
19-04-2011, 08:51 PM
I think Habbo will be around aslong as the Internet is how it is today. Sulake make millions from it every year and thus it's just common sense for them to keep it open. The reason for the Merge was not due to them financially struggling (as they posted their years profit and it was their highest yet). The reason for the Merge was to squeeze every penny, it made it so that rather than them having 5 Offices around the globe for 5 different english speaking sites, they could bring it all together into one, layoff staff and cut alot of money out of their overheads.

I think there is no reason for Habbo to die, yeah use older members don't like it because 1) We are growing up and 2) It's changing to a younger market which there is more money in. So yeah maybe us lot will leave but there will be probs like 10 new people join to each person that leaves.

Once the 'next big thing' after the internet comes (god knows what it will be, or we'd all be rich) thats when it would die.

A
19-04-2011, 08:57 PM
I think Habbo will be around aslong as the Internet is how it is today. Sulake make millions from it every year and thus it's just common sense for them to keep it open. The reason for the Merge was not due to them financially struggling (as they posted their years profit and it was their highest yet). The reason for the Merge was to squeeze every penny, it made it so that rather than them having 5 Offices around the globe for 5 different english speaking sites, they could bring it all together into one, layoff staff and cut alot of money out of their overheads.

I think there is no reason for Habbo to die, yeah use older members don't like it because 1) We are growing up and 2) It's changing to a younger market which there is more money in. So yeah maybe us lot will leave but there will be probs like 10 new people join to each person that leaves.

Once the 'next big thing' after the internet comes (god knows what it will be, or we'd all be rich) thats when it would die.

I have to agree with you fully on this post tbh :P

Samantha
20-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Nothing goes on forever so eventually it will shut down, like fansites they all have to come to an end! Everything does. :).

AgnesIO
20-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Nothing goes on forever so eventually it will shut down, like fansites they all have to come to an end! Everything does. :).

Obviously it will shut down at SOME stage, the difference is with fansites, is they have no great source of income, and have tiny budgets.

Sualke spend thousands apon thousands every year on advertising to keep people coming to habbo etc.

lizzieTBH.
20-04-2011, 10:57 AM
It probably will eventually close down, but I can't see it happening in the near future.

Michael
20-04-2011, 11:13 AM
When Habbo DOES close, and if habboxforum is still around. What will happen to habbox?

AgnesIO
20-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeh, 2010 was Habbo's biggest earner because of the merge.

Exactly. So clearly the merge did what they wanted, and made them more money than they have ever made from Habbo before?

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 12:16 PM ----------

When Habbo DOES close, and if habboxforum is still around. What will happen to habbox?

Habbox would be useless. Rare values, news, guides, imagers - all pointless.

The only thing that could potentially stay is the forum. The forum could get renamed and just be aimed at teens to discuss life etc - it already has the foundations so a change would be possible.

Thomas
20-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Exactly. So clearly the merge did what they wanted, and made them more money than they have ever made from Habbo before?

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 12:16 PM ----------

Habbox would be useless. Rare values, news, guides, imagers - all pointless.

The only thing that could potentially stay is the forum. The forum could get renamed and just be aimed at teens to discuss life etc - it already has the foundations so a change would be possible.
i don't use habboxforum for anything habbo related so i'd still be here habbo or no habbo.

-Danube-
20-04-2011, 11:19 AM

I think if certain fansites which have been around for years, are still around when Habbo does eventually close it's doors, i think the best thing they could do it produce a Habbo Retro and keep Habbo going that way. I mean Sulake won't be controlling retro sites anymore as it won't care if people are using them as it's not taking away from their product. So i think maybe one fansite would open a Habbo Retro and it would become THE place to be from then on. It would have to be run correctly though, in order to keep an economy going on the hotel, and do regular competitions etc.

AgnesIO
20-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I think if certain fansites which have been around for years, are still around when Habbo does eventually close it's doors, i think the best thing they could do it produce a Habbo Retro and keep Habbo going that way. I mean Sulake won't be controlling retro sites anymore as it won't care if people are using them as it's not taking away from their product. So i think maybe one fansite would open a Habbo Retro and it would become THE place to be from then on. It would have to be run correctly though, in order to keep an economy going on the hotel, and do regular competitions etc.

And..

VIP would be sold again!!

-Danube-
20-04-2011, 11:26 AM
And..

VIP would be sold again!!

Haha yeah! We wouldn't have Sulake as our overlords anymore!

Habbo shutting down doesn't seem like a too bad idea now!

Jokes i'd totally die without it

Jssy
20-04-2011, 11:27 AM
As it is, I can't see Habbo closing anytime soon. I would be kinda of gutted when it does close though because I've met so many great people on Habbo and I've played from a young age.

-Danube-
20-04-2011, 11:30 AM
As it is, I can't see Habbo closing anytime soon. I would be kinda of gutted when it does close though because I've met so many great people on Habbo and I've played from a young age.

Yeah it'd take something pretty huge to close it down atm tbh. It's make them too much cash.

I bet Daisy regrets selling the rights to it for 1 Mil now......

AgnesIO
20-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Haha yeah! We wouldn't have Sulake as our overlords anymore!

Habbo shutting down doesn't seem like a too bad idea now!

Jokes i'd totally die without it

Until Jagex come in and demand we remove the RS forums or suffer the consequences :P

I wouldn't care if Habbo closed mind, I don't play now anyway so would be fine for me:P

Zak
20-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Trouble is with the retro, I'd be reluctant to spend money on it. Unless a game very much like Habbo Hotel appeared and was run by a professional company like Sulake. I think everyone would be a little hesitant at first, but with time comes reassurance! :)

-Danube-
20-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Tbh i wouldn't say i 'Play' anymore either. It doesn't appeal to be, only reason i still go on is for habbox.

It's quite sad really though, all them years spent on it and getting all this stuff on your account etc, for it to just shut down, which they could do at any minute

AgnesIO
20-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Trouble is with the retro, I'd be reluctant to spend money on it. Unless a game very much like Habbo Hotel appeared and was run by a professional company like Sulake. I think everyone would be a little hesitant at first, but with time comes reassurance! :)

You wouldn't need to spend money on it.

Would just need to make sure, in this case, Habbox, didn't throw credits n all directions to everyone.

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 12:36 PM ----------

Tbh i wouldn't say i 'Play' anymore either. It doesn't appeal to be, only reason i still go on is for habbox.

It's quite sad really though, all them years spent on it and getting all this stuff on your account etc, for it to just shut down, which they could do at any minute

Sulake will NOT be the ones to close it.

If worse came to the worst, they would sell it. They would be mugs to just close it, someone however bad it gets, would buy it.

-Danube-
20-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah they'd sell it and it would change completely and would then begin to die even faster

Andy-
20-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Just to think about it Habbo will probably not close down and just sell it of to another company at a high price so they don't loose out.

AgnesIO
20-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Just to think about it Habbo will probably not close down and just sell it of to another company at a high price so they don't loose out.

But eventually is will inevitably close down..

-Danube-
20-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Like we said, all things must come to an end. Even if that end is at the end of the universe LOL it will end at some point.

We are just all trying to get our crystal balls out and guess how, why and when.

Andy-
20-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I guess it will inevitably close but do you think someone will reopen the site on a later date if ti closed due to sulake closing it down. It may even close next year "2012".

Jssy
20-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Thing is if it's sold on to another company they will probably change a lot, possibly charge more, charge less etc.

karter
20-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Habbo is getting popular year by year.. there are like 6 million monthly users just from fb right? So don't think it will happen in this decade at least.

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 05:44 PM ----------

I guess it will inevitably close but do you think someone will reopen the site on a later date if ti closed due to sulake closing it down. It may even close next year "2012".
How can you say that lol

-Danube-
20-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Thing is if it's sold on to another company they will probably change a lot, possibly charge more, charge less etc.

Exactly.

If they charge more, people will just leave because they don't want to pay more than before. They would probably charge more to gain more revenue as the reason why it was sold to them will probably be because it was struggling anyways. But by charging more it would just hammer the nails in the coffin further.

They could however charge less, to try and get more people buying credits, this would be great at first. But then this has problems of it's own, it would have serious effect on the actual Economy in Habbo (it does actually have one!) and would widen the gap evenmore between rich and poor, people start to leave and everything collapses.

Andy-
20-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I think if it was sold to another company they would probably charge less for a while to get users to come back to habbo that have left and get they community going they gradually increase the prices so they can earn back the money they payed for habbo much faster.

How can you say that lol

Lool people say the worlds going to end in "2012" so if it does they will be no habbo unless they whip most of us and it ends up being like terminator. With robots etc which I guess is highly unlikely.

A
20-04-2011, 12:56 PM
I doubt it will be sold to another company to be honest, I mean Habbo is messing up at the moment, therefore causing problems. I think more people are gunna stop playing with all these diffrent updates, however going to a diffrent company may mess it up alot?

Jssy
20-04-2011, 01:09 PM
A different company could introduce better features in to habbo though I suppose.

Michael
20-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't think it will close in 2012. lol.

Jssy
20-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Nor me, and I don't believe in the world ending in 2012 lol

GirlNextDoor15
20-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Nor me, and I don't believe in the world ending in 2012 lol

Good point. I don't want 2012 and habbo shutting down :)

A
20-04-2011, 03:39 PM
A different company could introduce better features in to habbo though I suppose.

Suppose, but will it make it better or worse? :)

-:Undertaker:-
26-04-2011, 04:56 PM
If you were involved in trading, its a different game now - sadly for the worse.

,Love
27-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Not a chance.

You only think that, but when it happends...You'll see !

AgnesIO
29-04-2011, 12:58 PM
You only think that, but when it happends...You'll see !

I am almost certain Habbo will still be running successfully in 2015, probably expanding even further due to the up and coming tablet market.

RyRy
29-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Doubt it'll shut down. I think you have to look at Myspace as an example of a social network which has lost alot of users. Eventually it's going to get to that, a competitor to Habbo will come along and be 1 trillion times better (like Facebook did to Myspace) and Habbo will probably be sold off like News Corp are currently trying to sell off Myspace now.

If it shuts down, it won't be by Sulakes hands

AndyC
29-04-2011, 02:46 PM
imo i dont think habbo will shut. like someone said previously in the post somewhere the younger generation will start playing once they find out about habbo. The older generation on the other hand may quit because they are gettign bored etc. However even if someone stops playing habbo, im sure they will one day want to go back on habbo to see what has changed etc and they might even start coming on it again :O

habbo will live for ever! unless something happens......... :D

TehFroob
01-05-2011, 07:12 PM
i think they will carry on for a while. but eventually close down.

Ed.
01-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I think it will only shut down if something happens such as an advance in technology causing Habbo to become outdated but then they might even update it.

.x.miss.angel.x
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
If it shuts down, they better refund me! XD

Jssy
01-05-2011, 08:26 PM

That wouldn't happen lol

Ed.
01-05-2011, 08:30 PM
That wouldn't happen lol

Yeah, Habbo are the tightest people ever. :)

AgnesIO
01-05-2011, 08:35 PM

They could shut tomorrow and you would have no right to get a single penny.

Yeah, Habbo are the tightest people ever. :)

It isn't that they are tight, it is that if they closed it would be because they are bankrupt, so even if they WANTED to refund you they wouldn't.

Jssy
01-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Yeah I was gonna mention bankrupt Habbo in my post lol. Even if they were bankrupt I don't think they'd refund you anyway.

AgnesIO
01-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Yeah I was gonna mention bankrupt Habbo in my post lol. Even if they were bankrupt I don't think they'd refund you anyway.

They have no obligation to.

Jssy
01-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Yep I know. Isn't it in the terms&conditions about it?

AgnesIO
01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Yep I know. Isn't it in the terms&conditions about it?

Correct. They could literally delete your account for no reason if they felt like it.

Jssy
01-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Would be slightly unfair though :(

Jordan
01-05-2011, 09:12 PM
You signed up to habbo and accepted the T&C so you've agreed to it!

Jssy
01-05-2011, 09:13 PM
To be honest I never read terms and conditions lol. Might have a read of it later.

AgnesIO
01-05-2011, 09:19 PM
http://www.habbo.com/help/68

Have fun :P

sweet
01-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah, once they run the whole entire population of Habbo's out of money.

Zak
01-05-2011, 11:15 PM
T&C are always so well written and long. Suppose Habbo have to cover their asses.

Eoin247
01-05-2011, 11:18 PM
To be honest I never read terms and conditions lol. Might have a read of it later.

Yeah lol. I doubt if even 5% of habbo users ever even looked at the T&C.

e5
01-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Of course it will :) Nothing lasts for ever

Jssy
01-05-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm extremely bored. Think I'll read it now lol

rld
02-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Habbo makes so much money, why would they shut down? aslong as they keep updating they will continue.

.x.miss.angel.x
02-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Yeah, theres a no refund policy. But the fact i have only spent £6 ain't so bad. Would feel kind of sorry for the people who have spent £100's {which i know people who have}

sweet
02-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Yeah, theres a no refund policy. But the fact i have only spent £6 ain't so bad. Would feel kind of sorry for the people who have spent £100's {which i know people who have}

*guilty* when I was little and I first discovered Habbo I thought it was the coolest thing ever (I was like 7) and I kept sneaking the house phone upstairs and spending money on credits every day until I got caught.. :P

I've never actually read the T&C either -.-

Gibs960
02-05-2011, 08:48 AM
It's been **** for a long time now but people still play, so I reckon it'll be going for a long time.

dbgtz
02-05-2011, 10:29 AM
i reckon theyre expecting a decline because of recent figures on daily users, and I think the merge was actually preparing for that. I'd give it another 5 years at maximum to be honest.

AgnesIO
02-05-2011, 10:29 AM
It's been **** for a long time now but people still play, so I reckon it'll be going for a long time.

Including you - it must be doing well if people who say it is **** still play it!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!