PDA

View Full Version : Where do you usually revise at?

GirlNextDoor15
19-04-2011, 04:42 AM
I love studying and revising but I just can't seem to concentrate with the computer beside me. So, any ideas or advices on how should I improve on the place I revise at?

.x.miss.angel.x
19-04-2011, 06:20 AM
I study in my room ;L But i use my computer to revise. I type up all my notes, have a break and carry on! Its always works, or try the library or a room with no tv's or computers ;)

orientalframe?
19-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I study in my room too. Sometimes I use my computer to revise, typing notes etc. It seems to work fine for me :P

myke
19-04-2011, 07:27 AM
I normally revise at the dining table, simply because I can nip into the kitchen and get coffee ;)

GirlNextDoor15
19-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Hmmm. I think it's really good to revise using the computer. I don't type in notes. I write it with my hands. But, when I have topics that I don't understand, I can youtube it. But it's just distracting. I'll go on FB, u no. And when I ask for my parents' permission to use the computer, they were usually very sarcastic and says "I know you have to study using your computer" while I actly wants to FB. :(

---------- Post added 19-04-2011 at 04:17 PM ----------

I normally revise at the dining table, simply because I can nip into the kitchen and get coffee ;)

LOL. Coffee. haha. i was afraid of falling asleep so i tried drinking coffee but none of it worked :(

Jordan
19-04-2011, 08:40 AM
I normally revise in my bedroom, but thats rare. Normally I attend revision classes!

Mr-Trainor
19-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Most of the time, I revise in the bedroom :P.

Hayleigh
19-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Pretty much my bedroom or somewhere else in my house. Occasionally at school too.

GirlNextDoor15
19-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Oooh. I revise at school and my bedroom too. I love studying but I got so easily distracted by the freaking computer and laptop :(

FlyingJesus
19-04-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm not in education until the summer so I do not have a place set aside for revising

Andy-
19-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I revise at the dining room table so I can et and revise at the same time.

Hecktix
19-04-2011, 01:23 PM
I dont revise in familiar places, as I get distracted if I'm in my room. I usually go sit in the study or most often the kitchen - I tend to get a lot done in the kitchen.

AgnesIO
19-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I dont revise in familiar places, as I get distracted if I'm in my room. I usually go sit in the study or most often the kitchen - I tend to get a lot done in the kitchen.

Woman.

---

Normally in my room, as a lot of really useful revision websites are available, and my desktop is in my room :P

matt$
19-04-2011, 01:27 PM
In my bedroom after disconnecting the xbox and removing my phone/ipod from my sight but still i'll get distracted half the time so i tend to go to revision classes in school if they have any on which they do when exams are looming.

LoveToStack
19-04-2011, 02:40 PM
At a public library in town for serious exams. It's deathly quiet so there's nothing to distract you and you're surrounded by people who are also working hard so it helps to motivate you. Only downside is that you have to pay to get there if you're going by train etc and then you need to buy lunch from somewhere. I consider it to be worth this though because if you go early in the morning, like 09:00, then you can work for a good solid 7-8 hours if you're determined.

GirlNextDoor15
20-04-2011, 07:54 AM
At a public library in town for serious exams. It's deathly quiet so there's nothing to distract you and you're surrounded by people who are also working hard so it helps to motivate you. Only downside is that you have to pay to get there if you're going by train etc and then you need to buy lunch from somewhere. I consider it to be worth this though because if you go early in the morning, like 09:00, then you can work for a good solid 7-8 hours if you're determined.

Right. I love to revise at public libraries too. I get very easily distracted when there's noise. I hate noises when I'm revising on subjects esp. History. I can't focus on it and I'll forget the facts very fast. 7-8 hours? LOL. I'll die. I usually give myself 10 minutes break between 30 minutes of study so that I can store whatever is needed to be stored in my brain.

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 03:54 PM ----------

When you say you tend to get a lot done in the kitchen I laughed haha. I revise at the kitchen too cuz it's well ventilated there.

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 03:55 PM ----------

In my bedroom after disconnecting the xbox and removing my phone/ipod from my sight but still i'll get distracted half the time so i tend to go to revision classes in school if they have any on which they do when exams are looming.

Me too. We don't call it revision classes. We call it extra classes and I have to stay back at school until 4 pm everyday! I always came home with a big headache and a lot of hmwrk. :(

AgnesIO
20-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Right. I love to revise at public libraries too. I get very easily distracted when there's noise. I hate noises when I'm revising on subjects esp. History. I can't focus on it and I'll forget the facts very fast. 7-8 hours? LOL. I'll die. I usually give myself 10 minutes break between 30 minutes of study so that I can store whatever is needed to be stored in my brain.

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 03:54 PM ----------

When you say you tend to get a lot done in the kitchen I laughed haha. I revise at the kitchen too cuz it's well ventilated there.

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 03:55 PM ----------

Me too. We don't call it revision classes. We call it extra classes and I have to stay back at school until 4 pm everyday! I always came home with a big headache and a lot of hmwrk. :(

This is irrelevant for this thread, however, I am interested so :P What is your school day like in Malaysia?

scott
20-04-2011, 09:50 AM
When I need to revise I tend to do it in my bedroom. Normally as I'm doing accounts and finance I have loadsss of paper to use so I end up having to do it on my bed as that's the biggest space I have in my room!

Cosmic
20-04-2011, 11:10 AM
I have a weird tendency to lay on the floor in my bedroom and read/write. I guess it's because there's usually more space there than on my desk and that there's fewer things that are likely to distract me.

Samantha
20-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Most work today is electronic based imo so I would need a laptop near me.

I think just make everything around you oblivious to yourself, and then get a glass of water, ensure there are no disruptions and take regular breaks and move about a bit.

Are you a Visual, Audio or Kinestetic learner? This could help knowing :)!

GirlNextDoor15
20-04-2011, 12:15 PM
This is irrelevant for this thread, however, I am interested so :P What is your school day like in Malaysia?

What's so irrelevant? LOL. My school days were like 24/7. Came home from school at 4pm everyday. Bath and then get my hmwrk down at like 8pm. Watch one hour drama and then pack my bag for tmrw's school. It'll be like 10pm. No time for revision or other activities except for HX of course. Have to sleep early so that I'll be able to wake up on time tmrw morning (6.00am). How does that sound? Hectic, eh? I hate my life atm. It's exhausting.

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 08:16 PM ----------

When I need to revise I tend to do it in my bedroom. Normally as I'm doing accounts and finance I have loadsss of paper to use so I end up having to do it on my bed as that's the biggest space I have in my room!

That sounds cool. A lot of paper everywhere. :)

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 08:18 PM ----------

I have a weird tendency to lay on the floor in my bedroom and read/write. I guess it's because there's usually more space there than on my desk and that there's fewer things that are likely to distract me.

Hmm yeah. Me too. My desk is too small for my books. I mean I'll usually take out a lot of books to revise. So, I always complain to my parents that I don't have enuf space to even do my hmwrk. Lol. One textbook, one exercise book and some stationeries will occupy my whole desk.

lizzieTBH.
20-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I revise on Sam learning, I find it hard because of the fact I'm on the computer but some of the questions have definitely helped me through tests.
Although the site does make my computer go as slow as hell so I guess I don't even revise anymore.

GirlNextDoor15
20-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Most work today is electronic based imo so I would need a laptop near me.

I think just make everything around you oblivious to yourself, and then get a glass of water, ensure there are no disruptions and take regular breaks and move about a bit.

Are you a Visual, Audio or Kinestetic learner? This could help knowing :)!

Aww. Thanks. What's kinestetic? I no audio and visual. :)

Jssy
20-04-2011, 12:24 PM
I revise on the computer sometimes by using BBC bitesize but I have books and usually revise sat in bed listening to music :)

GirlNextDoor15
20-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I revise on Sam learning, I find it hard because of the fact I'm on the computer but some of the questions have definitely helped me through tests.
Although the site does make my computer go as slow as hell so I guess I don't even revise anymore.

OOh. Wat's Sam learning? Can you share with me pls? :)

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 08:29 PM ----------

I revise on the computer sometimes by using BBC bitesize but I have books and usually revise sat in bed listening to music :)

I can't listen to music when I'm revising on History, Biology and so on. But I can revise on Calculus with the music on. :) What's a BBC bitesize?

Charlottay!
20-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Normally study in the students union office as its normally quiet and i have computer access :)

-Soph-
21-04-2011, 12:58 AM
I study in Starbucks like a hipster. It's nice, if it's not too busy the ambient noise is pleasant, if it's a little too loud then I just put my headphones in.
It's pleasant sitting there with a nice coffee studying, I always get the most stuff done there.

AgnesIO
21-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Aww. Thanks. What's kinestetic? I no audio and visual. :)

I think he means Kinesthetic.

This means you learn best from a hands on method :)

GirlNextDoor15
21-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I think he means Kinesthetic.

This means you learn best from a hands on method :)

I'm none of it lol. I learn best from quizzes and lots of exercises. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!