PDA

View Full Version : [TV] White Van Man

Calvin
19-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Has anyone been watching the series of White Van Man? I always like the trial shows for some reason and this one was great although the last episode wasn't that great.

I'd really like BBC3 to bring another series back like Coming Of Age. :)

smiffy70
19-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I thought this was about the actual white van man who fixes stuff on channel four, not a BBC 3 comedy

Michael
19-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I thought this was about the actual white van man who fixes stuff on channel four, not a BBC 3 comedy

lool. DIY something...

peteyt
19-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Coming of age will probably not come back

Lamz
19-04-2011, 11:30 PM
lol, white van man is soo funny!

I missed tonight's 1 doi

Accipiter
20-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Loved it, watched them all.

And Coming of age has already had a 2nd & 3rd series? it's defo had 2 series, not so sure about 3.

And apparently two pints of lager is back.

Andy-
20-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Does this show have the same type of humor as Coming of Age if so I will watch it but the title doesn't really make it seem like a comedy show.

Accipiter
20-04-2011, 10:04 AM
It's not slapstick humor like coming of age, it's more like a sitcom

Jessie
20-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I like white van man, it doesn't make me laugh but it makes me giggle sometimes.

peteyt
20-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Loved it, watched them all.

And Coming of age has already had a 2nd & 3rd series? it's defo had 2 series, not so sure about 3.

And apparently two pints of lager is back.

It just had a 3rd. I actually don't mind coming of age mainly because it's the kinda show that doesn't take itself too seriously. It's crude and over the top but it knows it and doesn't deny it. Some shows e.g. Torchwood 1 and 2 claim to be adult but don't even realise they are teen.

However coming of age apparently got voted as the worst sitcom that returned this year

lizzieTBH.
20-04-2011, 12:17 PM
I wished I'd of watched this now. My best friend said how funny it was one day so I told my dad to put it in the Sky+ planner but then he told me "nah, it's not that funny" yet everyone thinks it is. :(

Accipiter
20-04-2011, 09:23 PM
It just had a 3rd. I actually don't mind coming of age mainly because it's the kinda show that doesn't take itself too seriously. It's crude and over the top but it knows it and doesn't deny it. Some shows e.g. Torchwood 1 and 2 claim to be adult but don't even realise they are teen.

However coming of age apparently got voted as the worst sitcom that returned this year

It wasn't the greatest series, they seem to be running out of jokes, they're obviously having trouble writing because they're throwing in such vibrant characters.

Torchwood I'll agree is teen, I believe it thinks itself to be adult because of it's scripts, but when it turns into video its just tacky crap, except for it's last series. The only thing that made it adult was the sex, and that was rarely any of it.

peteyt
21-04-2011, 02:17 PM
It wasn't the greatest series, they seem to be running out of jokes, they're obviously having trouble writing because they're throwing in such vibrant characters.

Torchwood I'll agree is teen, I believe it thinks itself to be adult because of it's scripts, but when it turns into video its just tacky crap, except for it's last series. The only thing that made it adult was the sex, and that was rarely any of it.

The problem was at times sex was used wrongly for example series 1 episode 2 - we have a monster that actually kills during sex, gets off ******s.

Sex can be good in a TV, but in torchwood it seemed to turn it into skins

Accipiter
21-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Worse than skins, it was like Hollyoaks relationships lmfao

Its far to gay too, i'm not homophobic, but torchwood seems to get off on itself for being gay friendly

peteyt
21-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Worse than skins, it was like Hollyoaks relationships lmfao

Its far to gay too, i'm not homophobic, but torchwood seems to get off on itself for being gay friendly

That's RTD for you (Russell T Davies). He seems to love telling people he's gay. Yeah your gay, get over it. Reminds me of a script writer on my degree in Film and TV Production. Every script is the same about gay people and so on. I'm not homophobic, and they do say write what you know, but you can only tell the same story once and he kept writing the same script all the time.

However like you and most people, I really loved Children of Earth and the upcoming series is apparently going to be like children of earth so lets hope its a good one.

Accipiter
21-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Aslong as we don't have to see anymore of those wierd wongles or w.e they were called anymore, they're the worst monster i've ever layed my eyes upon.

geo
21-04-2011, 07:02 PM
I like white van man. Wooo

A
21-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Never seen the White Van Man, however Coming Of Age really needs to come back ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!