PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin Mobile

iLogan
19-04-2011, 11:17 PM
The world is going mobile - go mobile with it!
Today we are proud to announce the long awaited vBulletin Mobile Suite which breaks new ground by empowering users to interact with your community via custom-branded iPhone and Android apps is here!
Ever wanted to take a photo with your phone, and immediately post it in your favorite forum?
Been in an airport and got a reported post and wanted to take action on it right then and there?
Wanted to move your forum into the mobile app space? (10 billion app downloads have occurred in the past 3 years…)
Looked at expanding your revenue generating options?

The vBulletin Mobile Suite does all this, and more.

The introductory price for both the iPhone and Android app (and other mobile items we are working on) is $99 for 12 months of updates and support.
The Suite incorporates a comprehensive web-based customization providing the ability to maintain the unique character, functionality, and comfort of your vBulletin web presence in an iPhone and Android app. vBulletin handles development work and packages apps for you to submit to your iTunes store and Android marketplaces.

Post from your device, read from it, moderate from it, upload photos from it, customize it, charge for it (if you want!) and advertise through it.
Find out more about it: www.vbulletin.com/mobile
Also, check out our Mobile Suite FAQ

So vBulletin has released their mobile suite, anyone gonna get it?

Thread moved by sct (Forum Super Moderator) From 'Technology Discussion'

Stephen!
19-04-2011, 11:47 PM
50 quid a year? Ripoff.

Recursion
20-04-2011, 09:26 AM
And then £60 odd for the Apple Developer account to publish it to iTunes (pretty much forced unless you jailbreak) and a further £20ish to publish it on Android (although, you wouldn't need to particularly, could just put it up for dl).

Luke
20-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I think I read they host it on their Apple account, and maybe Android?

Recursion
20-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Apparently not (First post):

vBulletin handles development work and packages apps for you to submit to your iTunes store and Android marketplaces.
charge for it (if you want!) and advertise through it.

iLogan
20-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Apparently not (First post):

I think they pay for the account for you?

AgnesIO
20-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I think they pay for the account for you?

Where does it say that?

HotelUser
20-04-2011, 09:16 PM
My phone is an actual phone not one of them Blackberry smartphones which have piece of junk browsers in lieu of real browsers like my Android's browser.

That + mobile skin = just fine.

xxMATTGxx
20-04-2011, 09:33 PM
My phone is an actual phone not one of them Blackberry smartphones which have piece of junk browsers in lieu of real browsers like my Android's browser.

Applications like this can be really good and can be lot better than the mobile skins certain forums can use.

Example: tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/) / boardexpress (http://www.board-express.com/) depending on what device you own.

But VB offer = rip off so whatever.

Recursion
20-04-2011, 09:48 PM

The mobile skin sucks ass in comparison to Tapatalk.

HotelUser
22-04-2011, 04:17 AM
I disagree Tom and Matt. Though those applications are great they are still quite limited in features. Perhaps not compared to just Habbox Forum's mobile skin, but my phone has a great browser and can handle desktop skins just fine.

Recursion
22-04-2011, 07:02 AM
This is where Habbox slip up, the think the know what's best but when users give you feedback about somethng like this they don't listen! Here I am, a user, saying I would use a forum more if they had Tapatalk or other such mobile app. I want to be able to post, read messages etc in a native-looking app rather than a shoddy mobile skin. I don't care if I can't access the arcade on my phone, so long as i can post properly (which I can't actually on my iPad... I still can't scroll in text boxes).

Yes Android's browser can render full skins properly, but it would take an age to load over GPRS or EDGE, which is also another factor for a mobile app, less data has to be pulled per page view.

xxMATTGxx
22-04-2011, 07:37 AM
I disagree Tom and Matt. Though those applications are great they are still quite limited in features. Perhaps not compared to just Habbox Forum's mobile skin, but my phone has a great browser and can handle desktop skins just fine.

If you were a member on multiple forums and they used taptalk or board express then this would be very ideal.

Features:

- Search / add new forums
- Read threads and posts
- Read / Write Private Messages
- Use forum search
- Show subscribed threads
- Show threads with unread posts
- Subscribe to threads
- Report posts

It's not everything but that is quite ideal.

Yes smartphones today come with great built-in broswers but people still use applications for services such as Twitter and facebook because these applications are much better for a mobile device.

iLogan
22-04-2011, 01:18 PM

erm! Habbox.com shows up fine and normally on my bb browser, fully functional etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!