PDA

View Full Version : How to stay young!

Triz
21-04-2011, 11:10 PM
I went to work this morning, as you do, and I was doing various things, as you do, then I came upon an article that caught my eye... It was a rather interesting read, so I'll post it here.

So true as well! (I had to actually write this all out :()

First I was dying to finish my high school and start college
And then I was dying to finish college and start working
Then I was dying to marry and have children
And then I was dying for my children
to grow old enough
so I could go back to work
But then I was dying to retire
And now I am dying...
And I suddenly realised
I forgot to live

Please don't let this happen to you
Appreciate your current situation
and enjoy each day

... old friend

To make money we lose our health,
and then to restore our health we lose our money...
We live as if we are never going to die,
and we die as if we never lived...

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry abiyt them. That is why you pay 'them'

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down..

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain die. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next country; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

Worry about nothing, pray about everything!

Andy-
21-04-2011, 11:30 PM
When I looked at the thread title I made a list in my head and it was totally different except "3 Keep Learning" as young people learn at least one thing everyday.

Shar
22-04-2011, 02:08 AM
I don't know how that keeps you young but its a good reminder that you should just live your lifeee

Triz
22-04-2011, 02:20 AM
I don't know how that keeps you young but its a good reminder that you should just live your lifeee

I think it means in the terms of mentally young! Being young not only about age and health, but the mental side to it.
If you dad was playing in a kids park, you'd call him a big kid right? - That is him being young, we don't have to grow up, we choose to, but the kid within us always remains. Some of us just refuse to let it out.

GirlNextDoor15
22-04-2011, 07:24 AM
I love this thread. It just tells me how should I live my life. I love my life and I'll always stay young. :)
Plus, I love this sentence. "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away." My ambition now is to be a surgeon and then help children and those who are suffering out there. I have to help them. It's my responsibility. Even if I die helping them, I will never regret.

Jessicrawrr
22-04-2011, 07:54 AM
those are actually really amazing, all so true! I think i'm going to live my life by this now :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!