PDA

View Full Version : Spotify

Richie
26-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Hey,
I always wanted to use spotify but they seemed to forget about licensing in Ireland so it was blocked for me. I got sick of it so I got it through a proxy. It works fine but would it be worth me buying premium because then I get unlimited travel time. unlimited listening time and no adverts etc. I heard rumours that spotify is cutting back on tracks in may, is this true?

What would you do if you were in my position.

Jssy
26-04-2011, 12:56 AM
They are just cutting back on tracks for free users I believe so you should be fine :)

Alex3213
26-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Hey,
I always wanted to use spotify but they seemed to forget about licensing in Ireland so it was blocked for me. I got sick of it so I got it through a proxy. It works fine but would it be worth me buying premium because then I get unlimited travel time. unlimited listening time and no adverts etc. I heard rumours that spotify is cutting back on tracks in may, is this true?

What would you do if you were in my position.

The cut backs are only to be done for both Spotify Free and Spotify Open users (even though Spotify Open users still get unlimited time I think, it's just the track). :)

Roxy
26-04-2011, 05:52 AM
If you buy premium the changes wouldn't affect you although because you're a new user, the changes won't affect you for 6 months anyway. If you've downloaded it after November 1st 2010 it'll still be free & have the higher limits until you've had it for 6 months, THEN the lower limits will kick in.

I only downloaded it in February some time so personally I'm going to make use of my free unlimited hours until it changes and then consider buying premium :P

You can find more information on their blog - http://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2011/04/14/upcoming-changes-to-spotify-free-open/

Or in this news article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13078302

luce
26-04-2011, 08:07 AM
I just don't see why people pay to just listen to music on their computer - i guess my iphone is such a big thing for me to listen to music on it would be so stupid for me to get it because you don't actually own the tracks.

Swinkid
26-04-2011, 08:34 AM
I just don't see why people pay to just listen to music on their computer - i guess my iphone is such a big thing for me to listen to music on it would be so stupid for me to get it because you don't actually own the tracks.

Spotify is avalible on the iphone. ;) It's not just on a computer. Its better than pirating anyway.

Im sad for free to go, ill prob end up pirating for abit, then pay for unlimited, since when i did have premium trial i didnt really use it on my phone..

But sure, if your going to use it on ur phone, (Ofcourse, if it dont work being abroad, you can always setup a proxy on ur phone ;) ) Its worth it, if your just going to use it on ur pc get unlimited.

Recursion
26-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Spotify is avalible on the iphone. ;) It's not just on a computer. Its better than pirating anyway.

Im sad for free to go, ill prob end up pirating for abit, then pay for unlimited, since when i did have premium trial i didnt really use it on my phone..

But sure, if your going to use it on ur phone, (Ofcourse, if it dont work being abroad, you can always setup a proxy on ur phone ;) ) Its worth it, if your just going to use it on ur pc get unlimited.

Spotify online on your phone whilst abroad?!?! OH LORD THE DATA ROAMING CHARGES. You'd have to sync offline playlists before you left.

Janet Snakehole
26-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I definitely think it's worth buying premium yeah, but if you're gonna listen to the music on a portable device like your phone I'd suggest syncing your playlists first so you can listen to them without the whole data roaming charges!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!