PDA

View Full Version : I'm over botting now..

Azarole
26-04-2011, 05:55 AM
Okay - I just sold the last of my botting accounts and spent all the cash on pins. I gave all the pins away, because I just realised, why should I bot when all these people are putting all this effort into the game, and I am apart of destroying the economy. So now, I am start again - starting everything again. So yeah, what would be the quickest 99 I could do legit? Keep in mind I have never played legit before..

raspberrys
26-04-2011, 06:59 AM
More and more bots are being created everyday, and moreso each day. I don't bot, but if you can then why not be a part of it before it goes?

Azarole
26-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Botting isn't all it is cracked up to be. Most bots these days are glitchy and barely work, and the ban rate is massive. Also, crazily, I was muted on an account or two for botting? Uhh - JaGeX are just getting to strict on the botting issue, and I want to play legit just to be safe. Starting on a level three.

What is the easiest skill to get 99 on, whilst playing legit? Oh - and free to play for now.

Inseriousity.
26-04-2011, 08:01 AM
too strict? No way, it's about time they started doing something.

Matthew
26-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Surely just getting muted for botting is a let off?
Even being perm banned is by many seen as fair...

Jagex are not too strict at all, in fact I'd say they're quite the opposite :P

Thomas
26-04-2011, 09:38 AM
I don't think there not strict its just they can't catch them very well. I'd say if they caught you you'll get rolled or banned.

Azarole
26-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Is anyone going to answer the question though? What is the fastest and best 99 to get as a free2play, playing legit.

Thomas
26-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Is anyone going to answer the question though? What is the fastest and best 99 to get as a free2play, playing legit.
no skill in f2p is fast. i'd say all skills ftp are a 2 month job, get membership and get 99 cooking thats like 2 weeks same as fletching or woodcutting which is 1 month (ivy)

Azarole
26-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Fair enough. How many hours a day is this two weeks for fletching/cooking

redtom
26-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Your gonna need money though, and as your starting out with nothing you wont be able to afford a 99 for a while.

Thomas
26-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Your gonna need money though, and as your starting out with nothing you wont be able to afford a 99 for a while.
this^ and about 12 hours a day i think.

Ed.
26-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Woodcutting is one of fastest in F2P.

Thomas
26-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Woodcutting is one of fastest in F2P.
not with the mass bots its not, your lucky to get 3 yew logs in 1 hour.

Syphon
26-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Bots arn't ruinning the economy, they ARE the economy. Without all those bots, what do you think would happen to the prices of logs etc... They would shoot up and THAT would ruin the economy.

Jagex arn't going to crack down on the bots because they know that they are needed.

Thomas
26-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Bots arn't ruinning the economy, they ARE the economy. Without all those bots, what do you think would happen to the prices of logs etc... They would shoot up and THAT would ruin the economy.

Jagex arn't going to crack down on the bots because they know that they are needed.
yes, bots makes skills like herblore just about affordable.

redtom
26-04-2011, 11:42 AM
I agree, wouldn't be surprised if they let most people get away with botting unless they think there real world trading, or there levels are getting too high. (by this I mean competing in the higher levels of the leaderboards)

Thomas
26-04-2011, 11:43 AM
I agree, wouldn't be surprised if they let most people get away with botting unless they think there real world trading, or there levels are getting too high.
I think this could be very true, if im honest i don't think they try as hard as they say they do to catch bots.

Syphon
26-04-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm fairly sure that a lot of the top rankers on the highscores are bots or were at one point.

There was a thread a year or so back on a forum that showed the highscores and watched how much people went up in skills, within a day, 2 people next to each other both went up by a MASSIVE ammount of xp. But I doubt that Jagex would want to watch members like that, they probably provide a steady income of cash every month by buying membership and making other people buy it who want to beat them on the highscores.

Thomas
26-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm fairly sure that a lot of the top rankers on the highscores are bots or were at one point.

There was a thread a year or so back on a forum that showed the highscores and watched how much people went up in skills, within a day, 2 people next to each other both went up by a MASSIVE ammount of xp. But I doubt that Jagex would want to watch members like that, they probably provide a steady income of cash every month by buying membership and making other people buy it who want to beat them on the highscores.
I know some of the people on the top high scores from botting forums i used to be on :P

IceNineKills
26-04-2011, 12:23 PM
I was reading on the rs forums the other day about bots and I think it was Mod Mark that said they're having massive trouble with the bots because everytime Jagex update their systems to detect the botting the bots also update to become more secretive. The bots are always one step ahead of Jagex and until Jagex can find that edge to get ahead then they're screwed.

Rashelly
26-04-2011, 12:25 PM
the whole "the bots ruin the economy/the bots ARE the economy" argument is redundant. Neither arguments are true.
Bots aren't ruining the economy, they're just changing it. And if bots were taken out of the game (not that's ever going to happen), the economy would just change again. The game doesn't NEED bots.

Thomas
26-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I was reading on the rs forums the other day about bots and I think it was Mod Mark that said they're having massive trouble with the bots because everytime Jagex update their systems to detect the botting the bots also update to become more secretive. The bots are always one step ahead of Jagex and until Jagex can find that edge to get ahead then they're screwed.
because *REMOVED* runs on refection so there pretty much impossible for there systems to detect it only clients like *REMOVED* and *REMOVED* can be detected by the system because its BCEL. Thats one of the reason jagex can't catch them because to catch the people using *REMOVED* you have to actually be in game and find them, talk to them and when you get no reply done.

---------- Post added 26-04-2011 at 01:29 PM ----------

the whole "the bots ruin the economy/the bots ARE the economy" argument is redundant. Neither arguments are true.
Bots aren't ruining the economy, they're just changing it. And if bots were taken out of the game (not that's ever going to happen), the economy would just change again. The game doesn't NEED bots.
Correct, however having people botting makes it easier to get skills done faster like firemaking, not many people actually enjoy sitting for hours cutting trees to sell in the G.E

Edited by Aidenn (Forum Moderator) Please don't name bots, even briefly

Stephen
26-04-2011, 01:15 PM
*REMOVED* uses injection, not bcel

and btw i didnt just admit to botting cos I knew that, I just like to read up on things lol

Edited by Aidenn (Forum Moderator): Please don't name bots, even briefly!

Thomas
26-04-2011, 01:31 PM
*REMOVED* uses injection, not bcel

and btw i didnt just admit to botting cos I knew that, I just like to read up on things lol

Edited by Aidenn (Forum Moderator): Please don't name bots, even briefly!
im pretty sure those ones use BCEL or ******* does im sure :S

Rashelly
26-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Correct, however having people botting makes it easier to get skills done faster like firemaking, not many people actually enjoy sitting for hours cutting trees to sell in the G.E
Well the prices of resources would rise, so more people would be motivated by cash... plus you know, it'd be easier to collect without bots.
It's a swings and round-a-bouts argument. There never used to be this amount of bots and the economy and game was just fine (better IMO), but bots aren't ruining the economy either. There are pros and cons.

Thomas
26-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Well the prices of resources would rise, so more people would be motivated by cash... plus you know, it'd be easier to collect without bots.
It's a swings and round-a-bouts argument. There never used to be this amount of bots and the economy and game was just fine (better IMO), but bots aren't ruining the economy either. There are pros and cons.
i see your point like you said if the prices were higher when all bots had gone then people would want to make lots of money buy doing it therefor bringing the prices back down to normal.

Kyle
26-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Jagex doesn't have a bot detection system. They rely on in-game reports alone. If you bot and are reported then there's a fair chance that you will be rolled back but if nobody reports you then you aren't going to be penalized - fact. I asked Mod Chrisso what is happening to bots that haven't ever been reported and his answer was "I can't discuss our bot detection systems with you, sorry :(" which, for me, is a firm "nothing".

Bots aside, I don't know why you want a 99 skill if you're going to be f2p??? Just gradually train all of your skills and enjoy the game. :)

IceNineKills
26-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Jagex doesn't have a bot detection system. They rely on in-game reports alone. If you bot and are reported then there's a fair chance that you will be rolled back but if nobody reports you then you aren't going to be penalized - fact. I asked Mod Chrisso what is happening to bots that haven't ever been reported and his answer was "I can't discuss our bot detection systems with you, sorry :(" which, for me, is a firm "nothing".

Bots aside, I don't know why you want a 99 skill if you're going to be f2p??? Just gradually train all of your skills and enjoy the game. :)

Of course they can't discuss their bot detection system because for all he knows, you could be a bot maker trying to gain infomation to help stop people getting rolled back/banned. Doesn't mean they don't have one in place.

Thomas
26-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Of course they can't discuss their bot detection system because for all he knows, you could be a bot maker trying to gain infomation to help stop people getting rolled back/banned. Doesn't mean they don't have one in place.
they do i have bot detection but they don't talk about it for the reason ^ said apparently they just make a new one a few weeks ago.

Syphon
26-04-2011, 06:31 PM

The same thing can be said of what happens when you ask for evidence of the ban [if you're permamently banned for macroing].

They simply say that they cannot give evidence for the ban involving macroing xP.

Thomas
26-04-2011, 06:58 PM
The same thing can be said of what happens when you ask for evidence of the ban [if you're permamently banned for macroing].

They simply say that they cannot give evidence for the ban involving macroing xP.
have you ever been banned for macroing to prove this point?

IceNineKills
26-04-2011, 07:18 PM

I've had 2 10 day bans for macroing before.

Stephen
26-04-2011, 07:22 PM
It probably puts the reported people in a queue and starts checking for repeated mouse movements, time logged in etc and if it matches too many then they play a little game of russian roulette. 6 empty chambers (rollback & some temp bans) and 1 permaban bullet

Thomas
26-04-2011, 07:38 PM
I've had 2 10 day bans for macroing before.
ok, just wanted to know ;)

It probably puts the reported people in a queue and starts checking for repeated mouse movements, time logged in etc and if it matches too many then they play a little game of russian roulette. 6 empty chambers (rollback & some temp bans) and 1 permaban bullet
i sure hope it isn't like that tbh or someone with 10 99's botted would get away with a 7 day ban and someone whos botted say 99 fletching could get a perm.

Rashelly
26-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Perhaps giving evidence would give away or hint at one of their bot detection thingy.

redtom
26-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I doubt they have anything major in place to detect botting. I'm not really up to scratch on how different bots work but the only thing I could see them possibly having ways to detect would be repeated mouse clicks but even then they couldn't do this on every player the amount of data would be insane, only players flagged. I seriously doubt they have anyway to detect the programs which just watch the client (colours and shapes).

Stephen
26-04-2011, 09:22 PM
tbh carrying on from what I said before.. They probably only check on a small handful of the people that get reported each day (plus pmod reports)

They most likely get thousands of reports everyday and that's thanks to the idiots who report people just because they don't reply back to "if ure not a bot then say something"

Syphon
26-04-2011, 11:52 PM

I've been banned falsely for macroing before but they did remove it when I appealed, they weren't too happy about it and was a lot more effort than I would have hoped.

Their macro detection system is weak at best.

alex 1889
01-05-2011, 11:06 AM
When you stop botting, you'll be putting a hell of a lot more hours into the game. It feels more satisfying, I bet. Never botted previously, but getting my five 99s all felt good.

Syphon
02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
When you stop botting, you'll be putting a hell of a lot more hours into the game. It feels more satisfying, I bet. Never botted previously, but getting my five 99s all felt good.

When people stop botting, they'll be putting more hours in themselves, but the account itself will be putting many less hours into the game. Should all bots get one thing and that thing is currently 100gp... If they all stopped, the income of that item would suddenly slow dramatically, the price would raise massively.

Botters doing other things would probably stop that and work on this massively expensive thing, the price of whatever they were botting would then most likely rise again... Chaotic, no?

kooldude23
06-05-2011, 10:03 AM
See now personally I dont think Jagex give a ****. All botting means is that users are creating multiple accounts to gain pixelated money. Jagex however are getting like what, 3X the revenue for membership from each user? In terms of business they would make alot more if they let the bots run. So they do

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!