PDA

View Full Version : The Meaning Of The Word "NOOB"

Dino-Typo
16-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong section but i was annoyed and confused by the way people often use the word noob :s

doesnt the word noob mean new? But often people use it in the wrong way such as some1 is selling a dino and some1 offers 2 T so the person selling it will turn around and say your a noob but tht person could have been on habbo for 2 years and the person selling it may only have ben there for 1 year? so in future people should watch how they use the word noob :D

benjamin
16-08-2005, 12:10 AM
well, newbie to be precise ;)

Fingerboots
16-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Newb/newbie = Someone new to the game/whatever you're on.
Noob/n00b = Someone who's not necessarily new, but acts extremely annoying & begs etc etc.

*Shrugs*

benjamin
16-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Newb/newbie = Someone new to the game/whatever you're on.
Noob/n00b = Someone who's not necessarily new, but acts extremely annoying & begs etc etc.

*Shrugs*
yeah thats a better description that mine, lol

Dino-Typo
16-08-2005, 12:17 AM
i always thought newbie was just a fancier way of syaing noob :s

benjamin
16-08-2005, 12:18 AM
depends, its hard to explain

HolyWar
16-08-2005, 12:39 AM

Well you're right. Newb is the same as N00b, the same way Elite / Leet is often written as l337. The term n00b has evolved from meaning "New user" to "Complete idiot" and now people just say n00b as a more polite way of insulting someone. It's abused and over used but in the end it's much better than swearing or making vulgar remarks towards users.

Dino-Typo
16-08-2005, 12:42 AM
awk well i just find it funny when people call me a noob when ive been here for about 3 years?

and it's also used for people with no furni (no disrespect to them)

HolyWar
16-08-2005, 12:46 AM
awk well i just find it funny when people call me a noob when ive been here for about 3 years?

and it's also used for people with no furni (no disrespect to them)

Lol, we have all been there, and to this day I still sometimes get called a n00b when I turn down an offer someone is making. It can be fun though, when someone would call me a n00b because I dont want their nordic and ice bar for my HC I would just say yeah I'm a newb with 100 thrones. Point being anyone can be a n00b it's a way of acting and no longer implies that someone has just joined the game.

Dino-Typo
16-08-2005, 12:50 AM
and also most people dont get the trade they want so out of anger they turn around and call you a noob lol

coreysud
18-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Haha yeah. I swear they should filter it though because it's starting to annoy me. Some moron the other day started calling me a noob for no reason, and then I said I joined in 2001 and he said;

"well i joined in 2000 u a.s.s"

Then when I said this hotel wasn't even around in 2000 he said;

"ill kik ur a.s.s"

Then he started saying;

"yo mama is so fat blahblahblah...."

:D

Then some guy kicked me for no reason the other day and called me a "gay noob"... I came back in and said;

"Don't kick me and tell me what the word 'noob' means first."

But he didn't answer and he just kept kicking. :s

Little_Chi
18-08-2005, 11:21 PM
I get annoyed at that, I get called a Noob, and ive been on habbo 3 years
but what really annoys me, is when you point out, how long youve been on for
And they come up with more years than you
I think, It makes no difference how many years youve been on, the point im trying to make is they cant point out IM the noob

coreysud
18-08-2005, 11:29 PM
I get annoyed at that, I get called a Noob, and ive been on habbo 3 years
but what really annoys me, is when you point out, how long youve been on for
And they come up with more years than you
I think, It makes no difference how many years youve been on, the point im trying to make is they cant point out IM the noob

Yeah, it's getting kinda annoying now. They should filter it or something.

april
19-08-2005, 12:37 AM
I just don't refer to the term n00b/noob/newb/newbie.

:Hazel
19-08-2005, 12:39 AM
People use the word n00b as an abusive term as well as what its really for which is a new person to habbo. Its just tedious.

Trance
19-08-2005, 12:42 AM
A n00b sums up somebody that does something with absoutely no common sense, acts stupid, and acts very new and oblivious.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!