PDA

View Full Version : Need help with iTunes!

Jssy
27-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I deleted it a while ago cos I had spotify but now I won't be using spotify anymore I want it back. I've been to the itunes website and tried downloading it but it won't let me because I've got the newest version of quicktime player. I've also tried deleting quicktime player in control panel but I can't. Any idea on how I can download itunes again?

Triz
27-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Why does it not allow you to remove quicktime? What is the message displayed when you try too?

Jssy
27-04-2011, 04:24 PM
It says something about I already have the newest version installed so it is unable to uninstalled or something :S

Triz
27-04-2011, 04:29 PM
And are you XP or Vista? or other?

Jssy
27-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Vista unfortunately lol

Triz
27-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Vista unfortunately lol

lmao, here see if this works:

Choose Start > Computer
In Computer, open the "C:" drive.
Open the Users folder.
Open the folder titled with your username.
Open the AppData folder.
Note: If you don't see the AppData folder, you may need to tell Windows to show hidden files and folders as shown below.

Double-click the Local folder to open it.
Right-click on the Temp folder and choose Delete.
In the confirmation dialog that appears click Yes.
If you are unable to delete the Temp folder, close all programs, especially those in the Notification area ("System Tray") of the Windows Taskbar and repeat steps 7 and 8.
Note: If you are still unable to delete the Temp folder, open the Temp folder and delete as many of the items inside this folder as you can.
Restart your computer.

all in all, this link will tell you how to completely remove all ITunes programs and anything linked to it.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1926

Jssy
27-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks I'll try it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!