PDA

View Full Version : Weekend fixtures

Deak
29-04-2011, 11:14 AM
You know what to do is this thread by now ... Surely :P

For any newcomers who are new to this section - who do your team play, and whats your prediction?

South Yorkshire derby: Sheff U v Barnsley & only 3 points & other results will be good enough for the slim chance of staying up.

I can see it being a close game, which sheff u win 3-1 in the end.

Arron
29-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Crucial game in the title race against Arsenal at The Emirates on Sunday.

Deak
29-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Crucial game in the title race against Arsenal at The Emirates on Sunday.

Yep, that should be a decent game!

Come on united :)

j0rd
29-04-2011, 06:20 PM
SCFC got Millwall away, should be a good game and we should easily pick 3 points up :)

Shockwave.2CC
29-04-2011, 10:36 PM
We have Doncaster Rovers away

Hoping for a 3:1 to Leicester :)

We need others above us to loose if we have any chance in getting in the play-offs

Middlesbrough
29-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Cardiff away - Hard match but we're on a good run (lost 1 in 10) 2-2

redtom
29-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Liverpool v Newcastle - I'm thinking 2-0, hopefully Chelsea will beat Tottenham on Saturday putting us closers to 5th.

brandon
30-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Cardiff away - Hard match but we're on a good run (lost 1 in 10) 2-2
Please do us a bigggg favour (yn)

We have Portsmouth away.. could get promoted if Boro do their bit

StefanWolves
30-04-2011, 05:40 AM
We need to win or else were more or less down

Middlesbrough
30-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Please do us a bigggg favour (yn)

We have Portsmouth away.. could get promoted if Boro do their bit

Mowbray even made statement that he isn't putting a young team out against them because he feels it would be unfair to the other people in the title race

Arron
30-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Here's the classified check with Alan Lambourn

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 0 Bolton
Blackpool 0 - 0 Stoke
Sunderland 0 -3 Fulham
West Brom 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Wigan Athletic 1 -1 Everton

ahh couldn't keep up after this! :P

Shockwave.2CC
30-04-2011, 04:43 PM
We have Doncaster Rovers away

Hoping for a 3:1 to Leicester :)

We need others above us to loose if we have any chance in getting in the play-offs

We Drew 1:1

No chance for us to get into the Play-offs now (Championship again)

See if you feed the Yak, he will score

Middlesbrough
30-04-2011, 05:13 PM
We Drew 1:1

No chance for us to get into the Play-offs now (Championship again)

See if you feed the Yak, he will score

Too bad he's a lazy ****

beth
30-04-2011, 05:14 PM
lost to blackburn, eurghhhh.

luce
30-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Cannot get over that he has gone the the crowd. I don't get how the lineo has made that decision WHY IS IT EVERY SEASON CHELSEA GET THE DECISIONS FROM THE LINES MAN TO HELP THEM WIN THE TITLE! It's past a joke now how many times united get sat on by the FA a season and STILL come out on top is amazing.

Also the way they're comparing this to "justice" for the goal that wasn't given for England. No. That is no how to works!! Two wrongs don't make a right also big difference that was a foot over the line this was not. Also different competition...

Deak
30-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Drawn 2-2 against Barnsley & got relegated :(

Even if we had beaten them & we deserved to we would have been relegated due to Palace & Doncaster getting the point which they needed.

Oh well, once a blade ALWAYS a blade. Got my season ticket for League 1 and hopefully it will be a promotion season!

Up The Blades :D

Arron
30-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Just seen the Lampard goal shot which was fumbled by Gomes. The assistant referee cannot possibly allow that to stand because he's in no real position to say whether the ball has CLEARLY crossed the goal line. Chelsea supporters made that into a goal because initially the assistant referee had no intention of allowing the goal until the pressure got to him.

.Shaun,,
01-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Nice 3-0 win today against Newcastle took us to 5th place. :)

-Heart
01-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Just not good enough.

Middlesbrough
02-05-2011, 08:01 PM
3-0 Win against Cardiff, UTB!

Conservative,
02-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah 3-0 and Tottenham in 2 weeks. Hopefully we can hang on to 5th.

Matthew
03-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Just seen the Lampard goal shot which was fumbled by Gomes. The assistant referee cannot possibly allow that to stand because he's in no real position to say whether the ball has CLEARLY crossed the goal line. Chelsea supporters made that into a goal because initially the assistant referee had no intention of allowing the goal until the pressure got to him.

I think someone on the radio outlined it perfectly:

No-one can say for sure whether it was a goal or not, but we all can say that Gomes just isn't a very good keeper.

If Gomes had just made the (easy) save, then the ball doesn't cross the line and the teams just play on.
Gomes fumbled the ball, and gave the officials the decision to make.

Yes I agree, the linesman should never ever had given the goal from the position he was standing in, but even when using technology it is still very hard to say whether it was a goal or not.
Chelsea deserved to win anyway IMO.

JackBuddy
03-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I think someone on the radio outlined it perfectly:

No-one can say for sure whether it was a goal or not, but we all can say that Gomes just isn't a very good keeper.

If Gomes had just made the (easy) save, then the ball doesn't cross the line and the teams just play on.
Gomes fumbled the ball, and gave the officials the decision to make.

Yes I agree, the linesman should never ever had given the goal from the position he was standing in, but even when using technology it is still very hard to say whether it was a goal or not.
Chelsea deserved to win anyway IMO.

The ball didn't cross the line, end of story? Gomes being a clown should have no bearing on whether the goal should have been awarded or not.

'Chelsea deserved to win anyway'- that doesn't matter. They were not much of a threat until that first goal went in. It's must be very difficult to pick your head up after conceding such a contentious goal bang on half time. You may think they 'deserved' the win but that doesn't disguise the poor refereeing decisions that gifted them two goals, three points and could potentially cost Spurs £35m+ and a place in next year's Champions League. All this talk of Lampard receiving 'justice' after his 'goal' against Germany at the World Cup is rubbish.

Matthew
03-05-2011, 05:03 PM
The ball didn't cross the line, end of story? Gomes being a clown should have no bearing on whether the goal should have been awarded or not.

'Chelsea deserved to win anyway'- that doesn't matter. They were not much of a threat until that first goal went in. It's must be very difficult to pick your head up after conceding such a contentious goal bang on half time. You may think they 'deserved' the win but that doesn't disguise the poor refereeing decisions that gifted them two goals, three points and could potentially cost Spurs £35m+ and a place in next year's Champions League. All this talk of Lampard receiving 'justice' after his 'goal' against Germany at the World Cup is rubbish.

I'm just saying that the only reason that the decision had to be made was because or Gomes' flop.

Also, I never said that chelsea 'deserving to win' meant that they should have won, I'm just saying that in my opinion they deserved to take 3 points.

I do feel bad for spurs, after their champions league run this year, everyone (including me and excluding man. city) wants to see them again!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!