PDA

View Full Version : Do you argue with your parents a lot?

Nicola
29-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Over the past couple of years I've been finding that I argue with my mum a lot. I think it's just getting to the point where I have been living with her for 18 years now and I need some space. She has a terrible habit of winding me up during arguements to the point where I get extremely frustrated.

I don't argue with my dad too much but I don't see him that much to be fair.

What about you? Do you argue/fight with your parents a lot?

Inseriousity.
29-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeah I argue with my dad a lot. We're both stubborn. I mean we had an argument over what day the start of the week is. That's how pointless and pathetic our arguments can be (FYI DAD IT IS MONDAY NOT SUNDAY. SUNDAY IS THE WEEKEND). I also argue with him about big things. He's a bit of a hypocrite, never says thank you when we do something round the house without being told, he'll just ask why we haven't done more. When you're younger, you just take it but when you get a bit older, you do think 'hang on why am I putting up with this ********?'

the answer to that is cos despite all their faults, they've looked after me and give me comfort and a roof over my head.

BUT I AM NOT GIVING IN, IT IS NOT SUNDAY. :P

Samantha
29-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Yeah I argue with my dad a lot. We're both stubborn. I mean we had an argument over what day the start of the week is. That's how pointless and pathetic our arguments can be (FYI DAD IT IS MONDAY NOT SUNDAY. SUNDAY IS THE WEEKEND). I also argue with him about big things. He's a bit of a hypocrite, never says thank you when we do something round the house without being told, he'll just ask why we haven't done more. When you're younger, you just take it but when you get a bit older, you do think 'hang on why am I putting up with this ********?'

the answer to that is cos despite all their faults, they've looked after me and give me comfort and a roof over my head.

BUT I AM NOT GIVING IN, IT IS NOT SUNDAY. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

OT: I don't argue much now, I used to be more annoying when I was younger and provoked it more with my Dad.

Mathew
29-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Nope, I don't argue with my parents at all; perhaps I'd have a slight moan about something but always end up giving in :P. They've done so much in my life and I couldn't do without their support - simple as.

buttons
29-04-2011, 10:16 PM
yeah i argue with my mum more nowadays but we also get along better than before. maybe just cause there's the 2 of us left i feel closer to her and say what i want to now. it's never over unnecessary stuff, just the same one thing that'll never be solved. we're both stubborn, blame other people and think we're always right. i made the mistake of saying she was the one who brought me up so anything negative she says about me is her fault but that resulted in snide comments for the next few days :( we're the type to just forgive and forget, we don't get in to heated arguments or get personal cause i really respect my mum and i have no reason to be a whiny disrespectful little *****

Eoin247
29-04-2011, 10:21 PM
A few years ago yes. Now, not so much. I suppose i just calmed down a bit since then :P

Delimed
29-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Nicola, You clash with your mum Mike, You clash with ur dad , Jen you clash with ur mum, I clash with my dad

Its natural

scott
29-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah because my mother gets on my nerves and i'm sure she sets out her day to include time to wind me up a lot, everyday. As does my nana who stays with me (well I stay with her but still) it's 2 woman ganging up on me I HATE MY LIFE.

Mark
29-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Nope, I don't argue with my parents at all; perhaps I'd have a slight moan about something but always end up giving in :P. They've done so much in my life and I couldn't do without their support - simple as.

Same tbh :P

dbgtz
29-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Mostly my dad when he gets pissy over ridiculous things. He constantly just tidies the house for no reason, theyd be like a spec of dust. And this morning when he was like COME WATCH THE WEDDING WITH ME NOW. I kept saying no I'm not that bothered and would get bored, and I did. I lost it but I gave in cos i got bored of arguing. I ended up sleeping for half an hour lol. Also how he is such a huge hypocrite causes arguments at times, but that would involve my brothers too most likely. He gave us a lecture on saving energy to save money yet hes the one constantly leaving tvs on and crap.

My mum just pisses me off sometimes which causes a mini argument, but shes usually drunk when she pisses me off and annoys me so lol.

The arguing in my house is pointless.

Chris
29-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Not with my mum, but me and my dad fall out big time. He's petty, hypocritical and always has to have his own way. If I say something that he doesn't like then he'll threaten me.

Sometimes I think his intentions are to just make my life hell. :@

Aidenn
29-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Used to be common but now its relaxed, no arguments what so ever, not even between myself, brother or sister.

:.:kaytay:.:
29-04-2011, 11:16 PM
My mom and I, argue. Even a hit or a slap once in a while. But that's life. She is my family, and i am hers. No matter how much me and her argue over things; we're still very much able to agree upon things too. I usually try to stay away from my madre while she is having a "fit", usually keeps me safe and happy (Not so good for my dad ;)). My mom says me and her "argue with poles". But argue is how you get your point cross, and sometime you don't always lose, yah know. I love my mum, but sometimes i just wanna walk right out the door and never come back. But hey, i always come back. <3 katie

Sharon
29-04-2011, 11:19 PM
My last argument was actually over me not making my mum a cup of tea, it turned into something massive too. I refused to do it because she wouldn't say please! She said if you don't do it now your not on anything today so I was like so what :S she then had the cheek to say I'm not polite - says the person who starts on me because she won't say please? Most of our arguments are about how she favourtises my brother anyway.

wiktoria
29-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I argue with both of my parents about stupid things but normally I apologise anyway :rolleyes:

Jordan
30-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Not really no! But if we do it's normally stupid anyway :)

HotelUser
30-04-2011, 01:57 AM
I never used to argue with either one of them at all and I don't want to argue with either of them. I don't argue with my dad but I have been in a few really bad fights with my mom recently. The arguments aren't over me or something I did. I really feel bad afterwards!

Shar
30-04-2011, 02:26 AM
I never used to argue with either one of them at all and I don't want to argue with either of them. I don't argue with my dad but I have been in a few really bad fights with my mom recently. The arguments aren't over me or something I did. I really feel bad afterwards!

Even though you shouldn't ;l

I always argue with my parents but I think it's because we all lose our temper really easily and raise our voices but at the end of the day they/I know its something we can't really help and we try not to!

Catzsy
30-04-2011, 07:47 AM
I think it is just a part of growing up and quite normal. You are growing up to be independent and your mother is trying to get used to that. Mixed signals half the time probably. I used to get really upset with mine and she really irritated me and then we would argue and wind each other up. It is a transition which will pass.
Maybe have a heart to heart and see what is bothering her? Remember you are also under a great deal of stress with all the coursework, exams etc. This will mean that your tolerance defences are lower and you will get upset/angry more easily. This link explains it quite well:
http://life.familyeducation.com/parenting/teen/42917.html

Jessicrawrr
30-04-2011, 08:01 AM
there's always arguments in my house, between everyone.
I normally argue with my mum and dad because of my little brother, he doesn't do anything around the house, apart from feeding the dog, yet me and my sister have to clean, do the dishes, and do anything our parents have to, because my mum favours my little brother.
In my house everyone has such short tempers, and things get blown out of proportion quickly, that's why we argue.

Rozi
30-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Well I just try to avoid my mum in the half an hour after she gets back from work cause she's such a grumpy nightmare but apart from that we don't really argue at all. We grump at each other occasionally but we never argue about anything of any significance

Eric
30-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I don't really argue with my mum instead i argue with my dad a lot. He's so stubborn. His attitude is making me sick. He always complaining about not feeling well all because he's smoking.

chantellehugs
30-04-2011, 02:28 PM
I used to argue with my mum a lot, but back then it was both of our faults on different occasions and we'd argue about silly things. Last year she got quite ill twice and it woke me up and really made me appreciate her so much more (I appreciated her before but her being ill made me think about how I'd live without her). So now when I sense an argument or disagreement I just think of how much she means to me and that way my temper doesn't flare and we sort it out in a mutual manner. :D

FlyingJesus
30-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I literally can't remember the last actual argument I had with either of my parents. My mum will on occasion have a go at me but frankly it's always fair because it's to do with me not doing something I should have or something like that, but in general they let me do my thing and I respect them enough to not make "my thing" anything that will cause them any trouble or harm

Jordy
30-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Rarely, similar to the above, my parents generally let me do my own thing and rarely tell me what to do anymore so there's not much to argue over. I don't see my dad much as he works a lot but if I spend much time with him I'll eventually start arguing with him but that's usually because he's out the loop, isn't paying attention, lacking common sense or being socially inept.

Alexx..
30-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I argue with my dad a lot cause he winds me up so much and I have a short fuse so I just explode. Then I get even more angry and shout at them because even though my dad starts it and he insults me, my mum sticks up for him and then gets mad at me.

matt$
30-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Barely cause i don't really get on their bad side or maybe they've just gotten used to me idk but my mum will have a go at me if im falling behind in coursework etc but i dont really class that as arguing

lawrawrrr
30-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah, pretty much all the time, we're arguing more than we get along... over anything and everything. Can't wait to move out!

kuzkasate
30-04-2011, 04:44 PM
With my dad all the time and its not just me. If he gets up and he's in a bad mood then everyone else in the house know they are going to have a terrible day. If he's in a bad mood, every little tiny thing makes him erupt and he takes it out on everyone. He is also very stubborn, very stubborn! We argue all the time and tbh he just stresses me out and annoys me. His little jokes and stuff, really piss me off and I can't be alone with him in one room I just feel totally stressed out.

Technologic
01-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Nope, if my mums in a bad mood then i just leave the room

sweet
01-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I argue with my mum tons (currently fallen out with her because she can't get over things -.-) but I never really speak to my dad.. so 50/50

Narnat,
04-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Quite a lot with my mum but I find that it is because we are way to similar and both very suborn. I don't really argue with my dad because I know I can never win.

Neversoft
08-05-2011, 07:23 PM
I argue with my dad every now and then. One time I had a massive argument with him after I was being indecisive about my future when I left school and he didn't speak to me for like a week. -_- I don't think I have ever argued with my mum though. Well I don't remember having argued with her, anyway.

Conservative,
08-05-2011, 08:08 PM
All the time with my mum. In my opinion she has OCD (although she refuses to admit it) and she is always moaning at me about the tiniest things - okay, my room could be cleaner but it's been a lot worse and it is MY room. She thinks the Playstation & laptop are a load of rubbish and threatens daily to throw them out, and she doesn't realise without them I'd not talk to my friends outside of school and basically have no social life. We argue over a lot of things, but in the end I love her and I do appreciate her. But until she appreciates how hard I work at school to live up to her expectations, she won't realise why I am how I am at home.

However I get on pretty well with my Dad. We argue over small things, normally about going to bed or what to watch on TV, but other than that we get on well and he respects me, so I respect him.

I tend to follow Eminem's quote. "I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you."

Shoe
09-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I do kind of but its more like mum will have a go at me and I will just walk out :P Me and my dad never argue :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!