PDA

View Full Version : [WIN THRONE] Habbox Monopoly - Ends 26th May

Inseriousity.
29-04-2011, 11:00 PM
If you've ever been to McDonalds recently (sorry vegetarians!) then this competition will probably look very familiar. That's right, the Competitions Department - with a little help from the Help Desk + Events Departments - present to you: Habbox Monopoly.

http://habbox.com/assets/images/217/1302442509_monopolyboard.png

What an original title. But who needs original titles when you have amazing prizes!! We're giving away bundles of prizes from rep to VIP to 5 credits to... A THRONE. If you'd like to know more, please read the following big essay that I've broke down into little sections.

The basic premise is this: Each Habbox Department represents a colour on the Monopoly board (plus Stations and Utilities). If you get all of the cards within that set, you will get the prize that is assigned to that set. These are the departments and their prizes:

Rare Values - 10 rep (48/50)
Habbox Live - 1 HC Sofa (29/30)
Help Desk - 5 credits (19/20)
Content - 10 credits (8/10)
Graphics - 1 month HabboxForum VIP (7)
Forum (just pretend it's yellow) - 20 credits (0/5)
Events - 50 credits (2/3)
Competitions - Throne (1) + Competitions Gold Award (5)
General Management - Competitions Silver Award (8/10)
News/Articles - Competitions Bronze Award (8/10)

On the traditional Monopoly board, there are old London streets from Old Kent Road being the cheapest and Mayfair being the most expensive! But this is a Habbox Monopoly so each card will represent a Habbox Staff Member! They are as follows:

Rare Values
Mintson18 and Mr-Trainor

Habbox Live
,Jess, .:SaReBeAr!:. and ,Lexiilu

Help Desk
Roxy916, markypee4 and dionne.g

Content
Skizzling, Grig and MrJordan

Graphics
Myke, Sammify (Sammy) and Syphon

Forum (just pretend it's yellow)
Nicola, Catz and sct

Events
Dilusionate, Mathew and Jurv

Competitions
-fire-girl- and Inseriousity.

General Management
Bolt660, -Danube-, HotelUser and Hecktix

News/Articles
Nuxty and Haaaaaaaaarry

I would just like to make it clear that, apart from Competitions being Park Lane and Mayfair and General Management being the Stations, all the other departments were assigned a colour at random. All departments at Habbox are respected and have a role to play at Habbox that is valued. It's all a bit of fun really. Likewise, with staff, if you are not on this list, it is not because you are not appreciated or you're a rubbish staff member. All staff members that are not managers were picked at random. Some staff on this list may change their name or resign during the process of this competition but to avoid making things complicated, the list above will remain the same throughout.

How do I earn a card?

There are numerous ways to collect cards. They are as follows:

- Entering 2 competitions (from the Competitions Department)
- Winning the Saturday Night Quiz in HxHD - Search Bolt660 - Saturday evenings (BST)
- Winning one of the following events (All times are BST):

Wednesdays - Archery - Search Jurv - 8pm
Saturdays - Animal Speedway - Search Mathew - 8pm
Sundays - Time Out! - Search Pdiddy110 - 4pm
Sundays - Bingo With Bolt - Search Bolt660 - 10pm

Please note that this only means up to the 26th May. Any events or Saturday Night Quizzes after that date will not be counted but may still be charged.

How do I claim my cards?

For the events/Saturday Night Quiz, if you win, the host of the event will ask you for your HabboxForum name. This is so the host can then pass on the information to me and I can then give you your ticket.

For the competitions, you need to PM HabboxComps with the links of the competitions you have entered. You will then be given the corresponding amount of cards. If you have entered a 'PM HabboxComps' competition, just provide the name of the competition. A link is not required. The PM should be in our inbox if sent properly.

You will be given a card like this one, for example:

http://www.habboxforum.com/images/monopoly/1302455601_inseriousity.png

What a handsome fella. Cards will be given out guaranteed every Monday and Thursday. This doesn't mean that you can't get a card on the other days but it does mean that if you don't get a card, don't panic. If you've got to the closest day and still not got one, PM Inseriousity. and I will look into it.

How is my card chosen?

Each card has been designated a number from 1 to 28. We will use www.random.org (http://www.random.org) which will generate numbers at random. You will then be given the card with the number that the generator chose.

What do the number in brackets mean?

This is the amount of the prize that we are going to be given out. Once they've gone, that's it, you will not be able to win anything for those cards. We will however accept any donations to be able to keep it going through the month.

Please note that just because the prizes for a set run out does not mean that the cards will be removed from play. You are still in with the chance of getting a card from a set with no prize. If donations are received that allow a set to come back into play, you will be able to keep the cards you've got.

Any prizes/donations not used before the 26th May will be used for other Habbox Competitions.

- Thank you to Pyroka for donating the throne
- Thank you to orientalframe? for donating 20 credits
- Thank you to Alex3213 for donating the rest.

Can I swap my cards with someone else?

In the interests of keeping it fair, you will not be allowed to swap your tickets with someone else.

Is there a list of who's got what?

Yes, you can find that by clicking here. (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=697907&p=7096293#post7096293) We will make sure this list is fully updated!

What if no-one wins?

It is highly likely that not all of the prizes will be given out, they will be reused for other Habbox competitions. This is because you are likely to get the same ticket every now and again but that's just part of the fun really. However, what is guaranteed to be won is the throne. If at the end of the competition, the throne has not been won, a winner will be chosen at random from everyone who's got at least one of the two tickets.

If there are any more questions, don't hesitate to ask and I will answer them as soon as I can. Good luck!

A big thank you to the Graphics Department for creating the Monopoly board above and the amazing cool cards that will be used throughout the competition.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!