PDA

View Full Version : As to why New Vegas is the second greatest game ever made

Fez
30-04-2011, 08:26 PM
I write a thingy about it. (http://blogossus.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/the-story-of-boone/)

Lemme know what you think.

redtom
30-04-2011, 08:46 PM
So your best friend is an in game character, doesn't make it the greatest game ever.

Accipiter
30-04-2011, 08:49 PM
It has got nothing on Fallout 3, Fallout 3 i absolutely adored, this one seemed like something to fill the space before Fallout 4, its far to reluctant to allow us to max out characters, especially when they remove the stealth effect from a freaking stealth suit!?!

Stephen
30-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I hated boon. I just got rid of him in the end because he ruined the game. You think oh **** just gonna take down these ******s -zoom in- .. oh boon has already killed them all :|

[Chris]
30-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Boone speaking was also quite irritating.
Infact, i felt the game as a whole wasn't good. It didnt feel right. Fallout 3 nailed it PERFECTLY - But New Vegas felt empty - even the completely different environments, characters etc.
Although, i did like the weapon customisation. Thats about it.

alex 1889
01-05-2011, 11:01 AM
The issue with Fallout: New Vegas was the same issue I had with Fallout 3 and, relative to Morrowind, Obvlivion. The enviroments felt so empty, like they'd made them huge to emphasise the extent of this apocalypse; once this point had been made, you were just left wandering through decaying buildings, where everything looked pretty similiar.
They could have easily put this critisism down by making larger cities to explore, but even the New Vegas strip could be explored in a couple of hours. The whole game, aside from a more interesting, although shortish, main plot, felt very dull. Without wanting to appear overly critical of what is still an 8/10 action game, the combat animations were pretty poor and stopped feeling satisfying when every pistol round would take someone's right leg off.

redtom
01-05-2011, 06:54 PM
The issue with Fallout: New Vegas was the same issue I had with Fallout 3 and, relative to Morrowind, Obvlivion. The enviroments felt so empty, like they'd made them huge to emphasise the extent of this apocalypse; once this point had been made, you were just left wandering through decaying buildings, where everything looked pretty similiar.
They could have easily put this critisism down by making larger cities to explore, but even the New Vegas strip could be explored in a couple of hours. The whole game, aside from a more interesting, although shortish, main plot, felt very dull. Without wanting to appear overly critical of what is still an 8/10 action game, the combat animations were pretty poor and stopped feeling satisfying when every pistol round would take someone's right leg off.

THIS

I was so let down by how small the strip was "/

[Chris]
02-05-2011, 12:19 AM
THIS

I was so let down by how small the strip was "/

I think 'small' is an overstatement. I expected it to be a lot bigger and a lot more impressive.

AgnesIO
06-05-2011, 06:55 PM
To be honest, I have so far found New Vegas a travesty.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!