PDA

View Full Version : Habbox Competitions

AgnesIO
01-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Just thought I should say, after actually entering the competitions forum (not sure why, I ALWAYS seem to overlook it, despite many of the prizes available being worth the one minute it takes to enter), that the amount of competitions held is superb.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=602060 - that list is HUGE, so credit to all the Comps department, certainly an impressive amount there. :)

----

Also for the first time ever, I will be the first person to say this in an appropriate thread (;)) www.habbox.com/comps

Mathew
01-05-2011, 07:33 PM
No Dom, posting this won't increase your chance of winning the throne (A) ;)

yeah well done to comps and all that jazz.

Catzsy
01-05-2011, 07:34 PM
It is impressive. :) How much did Matthew (competitions) pay you to post this? he is the master of P/R usually :P LOL

AgnesIO
01-05-2011, 07:37 PM
No Dom, posting this won't increase your chance of winning the throne (A) ;)

yeah well done to comps and all that jazz.

I have a very high doubt I would win it, Matt aha. I will completely forget about all that in a few days (obviously if I could I would take it), was just surprised at how many comps there have been - from what I thought there was about 10 a month lol

It is impressive. :) How much did Matthew (competitions) pay you to post this? he is the master of P/R usually :P LOL

Isn't that Alex? And nly 20c - what a rip off

Catzsy
01-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I have a very high doubt I would win it, Matt aha. I will completely forget about all that in a few days (obviously if I could I would take it), was just surprised at how many comps there have been - from what I thought there was about 10 a month lol

Isn't that Alex? And nly 20c - what a rip off

You are right... it was Alex. :)

Inseriousity.
01-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Thank you. We listened to feedback in December 2009 about competitions so it's been like that since January last year. All the same, much appreciated to see some good things said and hooray advertising ;)

Hecktix
01-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Competitions and Events (they will hate me for grouping them together but oh well) are both extremely strong at the moment, both departments have taken on criticism from feedback and improved necessarily.

The 'Community' side of Habbox is very strong at the moment and it's certainly something to be proud of, so well done to Martin and all Community Managers.

Alex3213
01-05-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm not going to praise Events in this thread because there was a thread the other week and the title says "Habbox Competitions" for a reason.

I want to say thanks to the Comps Department once again for being such a great department. I think everyone overlooks the amount of behind the scenes work that actually goes on there- I worked for over a year on the administrative side of things and closer to two years actually in the department. I'll be brutally honest and the department was in tatters in 2009 and the number of entries graph which many of you probably have seen in threads saying that comps were better beforehand shows how well it's doing. In December 2010, the department had around 770 entries and that time last year it had just over 100! It's a big difference and it shows how much work Mike put into the department and really had a go at pushing it out of the ground because I really didn't think it had much hope.

I'm not just going to compliment it on the last month or so because the dept. deserves much more than that. I worked with some more than dedicated staff when I was there and staff I thought who were going to be here till 2020. Particularly one of my favourite events I've loved from the comps dept was the World Cup one. It was a team competition, it was something different and I really had fun making that happen. Similarly, I love the monopoly idea as it relates to something!

The department is very routined (yes, I know that's not a word) so anyone who has patience with it deserves a gold star. There is so much to do in the department so well done to all the staff who worked there (lol I did have a list, ******* saddo here) so good job guys, girls and Michael!

P.S. Dom - at your "10 comps a month" comment: yeah, that was 2009 and before. Keep up! :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!