PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Banned for advertising :D

TehFroob
01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned for spamming www.habbox.com in the welcome lounge. I FEEL PROUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Moderator) from 'Habbo In General' as I feel it is better suited here

scott
01-05-2011, 08:53 PM
It is one of the most moderated rooms on the hotel with moderators tending to be in the room and older members being in there, they most likely reported you for flooding as it can be quite an annoyance to new members as well as them. There's advertising and then there is constantly spamming :P Shame you got banned though, for how long?

Delimed
Welcome lounge got roommuted tooo

TehFroob
to the 5th of may, not that long.

Jordan
01-05-2011, 08:57 PM
You're lucky it isn't permanent! Couple of people have been banned for advertising Habbox this week. You just have to be careful!

TehFroob
01-05-2011, 09:21 PM
i will be more careful next time.

Aidenn
01-05-2011, 09:29 PM
I wouldnt say you was banned for 'Advertising'

Habbo allow advertising, chances are it was for Excessive Spamming.

Lucky its not perm, becareful next time.

TehFroob
01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
i wasnt spamming that much, not as much as some people. i waited a while before i said it again.

Zak
01-05-2011, 11:08 PM
We were all advertising Habbox today in the Hallway, nothing happened as far as I know? Wonder why it happened to you? :S

scott
01-05-2011, 11:12 PM
There was a HabboxLive party and I know of at least 4 people that got banned for it, they probably were spamming quite a lot though! Then they muted the welcome lounge because there was so much spamming/advertising :P

e5
01-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Someone in staff forums was saying they got banned for advertising Habbox. Silly.

Jurv
02-05-2011, 02:14 AM
I got banned for spamming in the welcome lounge, although I wasn't bothered too much it was only for 4 hours. :P

TehFroob
02-05-2011, 08:31 AM
i read the date wrong on the ban thing, i'm actually unbanned now.

-Danube-
02-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Yes they were only 4 hour bans, i got one too.

I started a room raid in the Big H in the Hallways, we got quite alot of people in there but listeners weren't going up, so oli recommended we move to different rooms. We saw the welcome lounge was popular so we went in there, filled the room and started to advertise Habbox, tbf i didn't flood i advertised like 1 every 2 mins, but as we were doing it altogether it looked like flooding (but technically not 1 person was flooding). I then got banned along with other people and the welcome lounge got muted! It was kinda fun and we got listeners up to 116 without any major prize to giveaway.

Mathew
02-05-2011, 04:10 PM
I started a room raid in the Big H in the Hallways, we got quite alot of people in there but listeners weren't going up, so oli recommended we move to different rooms. We saw the welcome lounge was popular so we went in there, filled the room and started to advertise Habbox, tbf i didn't flood i advertised like 1 every 2 mins, but as we were doing it altogether it looked like flooding (but technically not 1 person was flooding). I then got banned along with other people and the welcome lounge got muted! It was kinda fun and we got listeners up to 116 without any major prize to giveaway.
It's nothing to be proud of. The Fansite Way clearly states:

HABBO FANSITES MUST NOT:

*Disrupt the operation of any other fansite nor disrupt the Hotel community.

..which is exactly what you were all intending to do, hence room "raid."

Bit ironic that we complain to people when they come into our official rooms and advertise their fansites when we do it ourselves lol..
At one point, the "official" status could have been taken away for spamming fansite links in other rooms.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!