PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] A Failed Scam

AgnesIO
02-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Some guy came in to HxHD talking about a 'credit glitch'. Realising it was a scammer, I decided to play along.

He told me over IM to come to his room, and type my password and username in to the box, but don't press enter (presumably to make me press it with ctrl+m or something), and to wave when I had done it. Once I had type in fake stuff, I reported him.

A nice machine ban was given to the user about 30 seconds later (nice one MODs ;)). Was pleased with the end result.

Samantha
02-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Least they listened for once hehe, some people could fall for this if they were fairly nooby, thanks for heads up Dom!

Aidenn
02-05-2011, 08:32 PM
I find it amusing how people will normally fall for these scams, but obviously you being a switched on cookie didnt,

Nice job Dom :P

AgnesIO
02-05-2011, 08:37 PM
I find it amusing how people will normally fall for these scams, but obviously you being a switched on cookie didnt,

Nice job Dom :P

I realised what he was up to, so obviously took the opportunity to beat him at his little game. He will eventually get bored of trying if other people catch him out too.

The good news is, he had furniture on that account, so he lost out one whatever he had too :P

Pigperson
08-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Btw ctrl + m doesn't work anymore. That's the way I was scammed for the first time lol.

Will

Inseriousity.
08-05-2011, 10:24 AM
lol I always played along with fake passes too. :D

Matthew
08-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I always used to go along with these too :P

Well done for getting him banned (A)

AgnesIO
08-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Btw ctrl + m doesn't work anymore. That's the way I was scammed for the first time lol.

Will

I imagined it was something like that, wasn't sure if they specific thing works though

I always used to go along with these too :P

Well done for getting him banned (A)

Haha, love how they think every single user is a complete idiot.

karter
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Ahaaa Love when people get banned ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!