PDA

View Full Version : EPQ

Mathew
05-05-2011, 09:26 AM
EPQ = Extended Project Qualification. It's taken in addition to the usual 3 A-Level subjects and it's worth the same as an AS Level in UCAS. We're to get the first draft done over the summer holidays, which is a 5000 word essay (about 12 sides).

Just wondered if anyone has done the EPQ in the past, and if so, what did you write about / do for it? :)
Matt

Lost_Addict
05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
I finished mine in febuary, 6000 word total + powerpoint.

I get my results back in august, and my teacher said he was very impressed that i could remember everything in the slideshow without needing notes (as the slideshow is all about presentation)

My topic was : A history of the gaming industry and how it has changed modern day society.

Mathew
07-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Interesting. Are you given a grade for it then, which corresponds to how many UCAS you get on the tariff; just like a normal AS Level?
I've got a meeting about it towards the end of June so I ought to think of something before then :P

Will +rep when I can.

cocaine
07-05-2011, 11:05 AM
mine was about how filesharing affected global revenue from music sales

mine was about 5500 words, you can talk about it on your UCAS form but please please please pick something you're really interested in. dont get me wrong i love music and technology but it was starting to drag a bit towards the end. the presentation was using an online powerpoint called Prezi. i wont get my results back until august, but it certainly would distinguish you from other candidates when applying for university.

an A* = 80 points, A = 70, B = 60, C = 50 etc. its a standalone AS qualification

Aidenn
07-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Ive got one soon the whole class generally has to pull together to make a magazine, how interesting

Fez
07-05-2011, 07:18 PM
I did the level 2 qualification for my ICT Diploma and got it to an A*, but it took a damn lot of work. Cannot imagine what it's like at Level 3.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!