PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air.

iBlueBox
07-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm thinking of if to get a Macbook Air for £870 or what ever but that's only for 11 inch. Is it worth saving the extra, for the £999.00 13 inch macbook pro?

I'm just worried about less performance on the Air, and the fact there isn't a disk drive.

AgnesIO
07-05-2011, 10:20 AM
I would never ever get the MB Air. Go for the Pro - far better imo.

Recursion
07-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Save yourself £500 and get a better spec'd machine at Dell.

But just to keep the mods happy... think of the MB Air as a Netbook and the MBP as a laptop, two totally seperate markets.

Red
07-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I would save for the extra cause I don't like the idea of no cd drive. Plus wouldn't you have to buy a superdrive anyway which are like £66

JerseySafety
07-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Save yourself £500 and get a better spec'd machine at Dell.

But just to keep the mods happy... think of the MB Air as a Netbook and the MBP as a laptop, two totally seperate markets.

I agree with this; your paying for the name that isn't even that great. you could get a way better dell laptop.

But I would go for the macbook pro

Red
07-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I agree with this; your paying for the name that isn't even that great. you could get a way better dell laptop.

But I would go for the macbook pro

Lmao dell is no competition to mac. Dell was by far the worst laptop we have ever had. I was wary of becoming a mac user but there would be no way I'd ever go back to windows now.

AgnesIO
07-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Lmao dell is no competition to mac. Dell was by far the worst laptop we have ever had. I was wary of becoming a mac user but there would be no way I'd ever go back to windows now.

COZ U NO SO MUCH BOUT COMPUTERS

Windows and OSX both have their advantages, a decent dell (I wouldn't get one of the cheaper end ones) is a really good windows laptop.

xxMATTGxx
07-05-2011, 11:17 AM

You probably bought a computer with crap hardware and had no idea what the hell was going on with your Windows system. Windows is a good operating system and so is Mac OS, if you have a decent computer with Windows on it will run great.

Red
07-05-2011, 11:25 AM
You probably bought a computer with crap hardware and had no idea what the hell was going on with your Windows system. Windows is a good operation system and so is Mac OS, if you have a decent computer with Windows on it will run great.

No idea what it was causse its at home and im at uni.
http://reviews.cnet.com/sc/32471368-2-440-overview-1.gif
Yea they both have their pros and cons and the rest of my family are still using windows, i'm just not a fan of dell.

Chippiewill
07-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I personally despise Bell, but does that make Windoze bad? No.

Plenty of other good manufacturers, like HP, Toshiba etc.

Also, to anyone calling the Air a Netbook, just go tell that to Steve Jobs... he.. won't be all that happy.

xxMATTGxx
07-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I personally despise Bell, but does that make Windoze bad? No.

Plenty of other good manufacturers, like HP, Toshiba etc.

Also, to anyone calling the Air a Netbook, just go tell that to Steve Jobs... he.. won't be all that happy.

Bring him to my house and I will! Haha :P

Chippiewill
07-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Bring him to my house and I will! Haha :P
http://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37998&d=1284535733

He says Hi.

iBlueBox
07-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Already have an iMac, So I wouldn't want a PC laptop, As i dislike switching between OS systems every so often. So a Dell wouldn't really be an option.

Recursion
07-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Already have an iMac, So I wouldn't want a PC laptop, As i dislike switching between OS systems every so often. So a Dell wouldn't really be an option.

Why? We're the digital generation, it's not like we're all 60, finding it difficult to understand how a computer works :P

Alexx..
07-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Use an education discount on a MBP and it's reasonably the same price as a MBA.

user130523
07-05-2011, 06:24 PM
i have a macbook air 11 inch and i have to say, it is great.

people that put it down, saying pro is better.. they tend to use it for more powerful stuff, but for just general web browsing, listening to music, typing up some documents etc it is great :)

if you want either an air or pro, i'd go for air unless your going to be using it for powerful stuff (e.g. lots of photoshop, video editing etc - air can handle it all very well, but i'd say pro may be a little quicker)

plus, i'd say the pro is more of a laptop & the air is more of a netbook, i wouldn't compare the 2

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!