PDA

View Full Version : Think I should Play Runescape again over the holidays?

Zak
11-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Hey I just wondered on your opinion on playing Runescape again over the summer?

I have lots of Habbo items but virtually no Runescape stuff. I'm level 112 and used to play it a lot a few years back (stats are in sig).

What do you guys think, i'm so undecided. O i'm 20 now btw, so it seems really sad. :[

Chris
11-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Doesn't really matter how old you are, all ages can enjoy any sorts of gaming. :P Anyway, if you have nothing else to do over the holidays then I don't see why you shouldn't play. You have decent stats too so you will be able to get right back into it. :D

IceNineKills
11-05-2011, 11:51 AM
It's ok, I'm 20 too. We can be sad together.

Oleh
11-05-2011, 12:14 PM
i have a 35 year old in the clan i'm in, nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm 16 and i know a few older people :D It's a game, games can be played by all ages

Neversoft
11-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm the same age as you and still play on occasion. Although the userbase mainly cosists of teens, the game appeals way beyond that and Jagex have made it a point not to really have a specific target audience.

"One of the beauties of RuneScape is that it appeals to everyone. It is especially popular with the teen demographic, who love the social interaction, but also with an older, 30-plus audience, who enjoy the deep content and challenging quests. Because we add material on such a regular basis, we are able to please all ages with specific mini-games, quests or skills."

Really age should never be an aspect in gaming. If you want to play it then play it, regardless of how old you are. It doesn't matter as long as you enjoy the game. Hell, I still play Pokemon. :8

IceNineKills
11-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm the same age as you and still play on occasion. Although the userbase mainly cosists of teens, the game appeals way beyond that and Jagex have made it a point not to really have a specific target audience.

"One of the beauties of RuneScape is that it appeals to everyone. It is especially popular with the teen demographic, who love the social interaction, but also with an older, 30-plus audience, who enjoy the deep content and challenging quests. Because we add material on such a regular basis, we are able to please all ages with specific mini-games, quests or skills."

Really age should never be an aspect in gaming. If you want to play it then play it, regardless of how old you are. It doesn't matter as long as you enjoy the game. Hell, I still play Pokemon. :8

I still play Pokémon too, I just completed Ruby the other day :).

Ashley 12344
11-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Pokemon is epic. I'm 20, although I certainly wouldn't advertise the fact I play publically. Only really something I do while watching tv/particularly bored though, last resort basically.

Kyle
11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
You'd be surprised how many adults play the game, I have met quite a few people in their 30-40s who play it with their kids lmao.

Play it over the summer but don't sacrifice your social life for it, just play it when you have nothing else to do.

Aidenn
11-05-2011, 05:12 PM
The clan im in has a 70 year old woman playing, due to several difficulties she plays, because shes retired etc.

Fact most of the people i talk to are often 25+ and i don't see the problem, there entitled to it like everyone else.

Your decision if you do return Zak :)

JerseySafety
13-05-2011, 02:42 AM
i have a 35 year old in the clan i'm in, nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm 16 and i know a few older people :D It's a game, games can be played by all ages

This. Do what you want do, after all it's your choice and people can't really judge you by if you play Runescape.

Bradobbin
13-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't bother. Whenever I start playing it I fall into a spiral of addiction and can never get off of it.

Just my take on things..

Zak
13-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks your replies everyone. I've never been much of a Runescape addict really, I just do what Kyle said and play when I have nothing better to do. The reason I stopped playing though is because I didn't really enjoy it anymore, I didn't like the long haul of levels, but liked the sense of achievement at the end.

That and botters just go and get 99 mining and such - which makes me think why would I put effort in if I didn't have to ? :P

Richie
13-05-2011, 05:11 PM
If next year is a big year for you then I wouldn't play (exams). It's far to addicting but is great fun at the same time. I'm 19, no need to worry about ages, you'd be surprised the amount of people who play that are your age.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!