PDA

View Full Version : [Film] Cartoons

Richie
11-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know any decent cartoon movies? preferably new.

+rep to posts I find helpful (the films I haven't seen and are good)

Arron
11-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Toy Story 3
Up
Gnomeo and Juliet? Not sure about that all I know is it's new.

Neversoft
11-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean animated films or just films like the Spongebob Squarepants movie? Can't say I could recommend any of the latter, but if it's the former you're after I recommend The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Sword of the Stranger, Ghost in the Shell, The Iron Giant and Waltz with Bashir, in that order.

There are also some good films listed here (http://www.timeout.com/film/features/show-feature/8835/).

Richie
11-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean animated films or just films like the Spongebob Squarepants movie? Can't say I could recommend any of the latter, but if it's the former you're after I recommend The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Sword of the Stranger, Ghost in the Shell, The Iron Giant and Waltz with Bashir, in that order.

There are also some good films listed here (http://www.timeout.com/film/features/show-feature/8835/).

I wasn't really looking for any anime really :( thanks though

Neversoft
11-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I wasn't really looking for any anime really :( thanks though

The Iron Giant and Waltz with Bashir aren't anime and neither are half the films on that list. :frust: Disregarding language (because you can watch anime in English) the only difference between a Japanese animated film and a Western animated film is the animation style. To disregard anime just because 'it's anime' is nonsense, as animation whether it be from France, America or Japan is one and the same. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time will change your whole outlook on the medium, Sword of the Stranger has some of the most fluently pleasing animation and epic action sequences ever created and if Ghost in the Shell wasn't made then groundbreaking films like The Matrix wouldn't even exist. I don't understand how anime has such a misconception surrounding it, but whatever it's your choice what you watch.

Alexx..
11-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Despicable Me
Hop
Gnomeo and Juliet
Rango
Rio
Alpha and Omega
Shrek Forever After
How to Train your Dragon
Megamind
Tangled
Toy Story 3

These are all relatively new, i can name old ones also :')

BamitZEm!
11-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Toy Story 3
Rio
Rango
Gnomeo & Juliet
Megamind
Despicable Me
Tangled
Up
That's all I can remember I hope that's useful

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!