PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Question [+16 Rep]

AgnesIO
14-05-2011, 10:17 PM
I feel really dumb asking this but anyway..

just wondering, I want to place a layer beneath another layer, but can't seem to find a way to do so :L

Am I being stupid? How do I do this (basically want my logo to be above the menu bar..)

Rep xx

Nemo
14-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Yes, yes you are :P Just simply drag one of the layers in the layer window below the other layer.

AgnesIO
14-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Yes, yes you are :P Just simply drag one of the layers in the layer window below the other layer.

|-)

I did try this at first, realised the reason it did nothing is because (being a genius) I was dragging a blank layer, rather than the one with something on it :L

Triz
14-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes that tends not to work when its blank haha
Also make sure the "eye" is visible, I've often tried to drag a layer to somewhere else and noticed it did nothing and after a while of frustration I noticed that I must have clicked the "eye" icon to make it out of view.

AgnesIO
14-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Yes that tends not to work when its blank haha
Also make sure the "eye" is visible, I've often tried to drag a layer to somewhere else and noticed it did nothing and after a while of frustration I noticed that I must have clicked the "eye" icon to make it out of view.

Yeah, thanks :)

Decided to start designing stuff again, having stopped last time with exams etc.

Just following tutorials etc to get to grips with everything again, to (eventually) do my own stuff :)

Fiendly
14-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Since this has been answered, I'd recommend using: http://good-tutorials.com for Photoshop stuff.
Really great tutorials there :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!