PDA

View Full Version : [Roumer] Microsoft to buy Nokia

Stephen!
16-05-2011, 02:01 PM
If the recent rumors that float around the markets are true, then Microsoft is considering purchasing Nokia cell phone for unit.

http://www.rumorpedia.net/microsoft-to-buy-nokia/

http://www.intomobile.com/2011/05/16/rumor-microsoft-buy-nokias-handset-unit-deal-may-close-end-2011/

Recursion
16-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Ah, I thought the WP7 deal was a good one... but I think this one has gone too far! I reckon the regulators may block it seeing as they just bought Skype anyway.

redtom
16-05-2011, 02:26 PM
I doubt it will be blocked. It looks like Microsoft have big plans to up there presents in the mobile phones market.

Oleh
16-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I have doubt they'll straight up buy the company, maybe a large share of it, but not the entirety of it

xxMATTGxx
16-05-2011, 08:19 PM
They already did a partnership with Nokia and now they may buy the mobile division of it, hmm interesting.

Chippiewill
16-05-2011, 08:26 PM
They already did a partnership with Nokia and now they may buy the mobile division whole of it, hmm interesting.

Fixed it, you know it makes sense.

Jack!
16-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Hm, I think its highly possible that they may buy it after everything

And erm, Roumer?

xxMATTGxx
16-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Fixed it, you know it makes sense.

I could see them doing that but I was just taking it from the reports :P

HotelUser
16-05-2011, 08:47 PM
"We can't make popular mobile software so we will buy someone who can!"

Firehorse
16-05-2011, 08:58 PM
wouldn't be surprised if they did, they'd have a massive advantage owning the company that produces the hardware for their software.

Jordy
16-05-2011, 09:08 PM
"We can't make popular mobile software so we will buy someone who can!"Yeah because Nokia are brilliant these days?

xxMATTGxx
16-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah because Nokia are brilliant these days?

They do quite good phone hardware it's just the operating system they use isn't up to scratch (sp?) compared to the ones out there today.

---------- Post added 16-05-2011 at 10:18 PM ----------

"We can't make popular mobile software so we will buy someone who can!"

Get over yourself David :P

Jordy
16-05-2011, 09:45 PM
They do quite good phone hardware it's just the operating system they use isn't up to scratch (sp?) compared to the ones out there today.It might well be good hardware but it's not selling well at all, the firm lack innovation, their sales have been in decline for years and the business is in serious trouble. My recent exchange partner from Finland's father used to be on the board of directors at Nokia :P

xxMATTGxx
16-05-2011, 09:59 PM
It might well be good hardware but it's not selling well at all, the firm lack innovation, their sales have been in decline for years and the business is in serious trouble. My recent exchange partner from Finland's father used to be on the board of directors at Nokia :P

I did say that the operating system wasn't up to scratch, especially in terms of everything is about apps these days on the other platforms such as Android and so on. Then MS and Nokia got into a partnership for Nokia to use WP7 as their main platform while Microsoft get to use Nokia's technologies and so on.

Edit:

Update: And here's a biggy, Mark Squires who's Nokia's Comms Director, has actually responded: "We typically don’t comment on rumors. But we have to say that Eldar’s rumors are getting obviously less accurate with every passing moment." Ba-zing. That is certainly a rebuke and raises the question of why anyone would listen to such a hack like Murtazin in the first place? (Oh right...we can't retract this whole post). Thanks, dropqube, for the heads up

Recursion
17-05-2011, 07:12 AM
It might well be good hardware but it's not selling well at all, the firm lack innovation, their sales have been in decline for years and the business is in serious trouble. My recent exchange partner from Finland's father used to be on the board of directors at Nokia :P

I dunno, the Nokia N8 is one of the best phones I've seen around, it doesn't have a 1GHz CPU or mega amounts of RAM but it still performs really well in a lot of areas, it's got a better camera and video output capabilities than any phone running iOS, WP7 or Android for example! :P

JerseySafety
17-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Wow. What isn't Microsoft going to buy; I suppose they have money to throw around - well not really.

Can't wait to see what Microsoft is going to become :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!