PDA

View Full Version : [+15] Where can I watch movies online for free?

Richie
17-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Hey,
I'm looking for decent websites to watch movies for free online, loads of the current ones I know are filled with viruses.

Cheers.

Kyle
18-05-2011, 12:01 AM
zmovie.tv

is this allowed? if post is hidden before you read pm me for it

Triz
18-05-2011, 12:01 AM
www.freemediatv.net
www.sidereel.com (Mainly TV shows)
www.stagevu.com

dirrty
18-05-2011, 12:19 AM
my sister always uses
www.fastpasstv.eu

ben
18-05-2011, 12:21 AM
icefilms.info best by far just follow the setup thread
has every tvshow/film i can think of

FlyingJesus
18-05-2011, 12:29 AM
www.freemediatv.net
www.sidereel.com (Mainly TV shows)
www.stagevu.com

Dunno about freemediatv because I've never used it but the other 2 I use a fair bit (for legal uses obv) and for films stagevu is kingly

Triz
18-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Dunno about freemediatv because I've never used it but the other 2 I use a fair bit (for legal uses obv) and for films stagevu is kingly

freemediatv is just basically a search engine for stagevu lol because stagevu got into some legal action about not doing much about illegally uploaded films etc.. they've had to strike down on moderation of illegally uploaded films, meaning 9 out of 10 times, if you search for a film, it won't show in the search bar, unless you know the direct link, freemediatv gives you a nice link.

FlyingJesus
18-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Ahhh right that does sound useful :P

Misawa
18-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Read the rules, cheapskates.

xxMATTGxx
18-05-2011, 06:49 AM

If it hasn't changed since this post here: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=615073&page=8

Then no rules are being broken.

Eric
18-05-2011, 07:01 AM
www.fastpasstv.eu www.megavideo.com

Richie
18-05-2011, 07:35 AM
icefilms.info best by far just follow the setup thread
has every tvshow/film i can think of

That's far too confusing for my liking :(

I have read the rules, my favourite one is:

A8. Leave moderating to the moderators ~ If you see someone breaking a rule, click the report post icon on that post with and provide a brief description. Also, you may not discuss bans on the forum. If you wish to dispute a ban use the Support System. You should also never ignore a moderators warning, change their warnings, open a thread they have closed or use the Moderator Specific BBcode ([modwarn]).

Thanks to the rest x

Firehorse
18-05-2011, 10:04 AM
http://tvshack.bz

Chippiewill
18-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I have read the rules, my favourite one is:

A8. Leave moderating to the moderators ~ If you see someone breaking a rule, click the report post icon on that post with and provide a brief description. Also, you may not discuss bans on the forum. If you wish to dispute a ban use the Support System. You should also never ignore a moderators warning, change their warnings, open a thread they have closed or use the Moderator Specific BBcode ([modwarn]).

Thanks to the rest x

I <3 irony.

http://blog.candysporks.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/2010-05-17-facepalm-hi-res.jpg

Misawa
18-05-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm aware of that.

And since 2009 the rule came into effect that you are not allowed to ask for illegal links.

FlyingJesus
18-05-2011, 12:17 PM
There are plenty of films and shows legally streamed on the internet, it's only an assumption that he meant he wanted illegal ones as that wasn't ever stated

Links to these sites aren't illegal anyway, some may "unknowingly" host illegal content but that's the fault of the users and there's obviously not going to be anything copyrighted on the main page

Chippiewill
18-05-2011, 10:14 PM
I doubt that reading between the lines holds in court.

Triz
18-05-2011, 10:46 PM
I doubt that reading between the lines holds in court.

All they do in court is argue the point of law as opposed to a question of fact, there is no reading between the lines in law.

As for this thread: http://www.movie-forumz.tv/ - Great forum to get films from - Some streamed online others downloadable

peteyt
18-05-2011, 11:06 PM
While he may not use it for illegal purposes it sounds like he will.

And times are changing. LimeWire was open for ages as the users hosted the files not them and had to agree not to host/download copyrighted stuff without permission aka illegal stuff. But eventually it was shut down as a court was able to get them done for their lack of commitment in keeping it actual legal.

AgnesIO
18-05-2011, 11:20 PM
While he may not use it for illegal purposes it sounds like he will.

And times are changing. LimeWire was open for ages as the users hosted the files not them and had to agree not to host/download copyrighted stuff without permission aka illegal stuff. But eventually it was shut down as a court was able to get them done for their lack of commitment in keeping it actual legal.

Who gives a toss?

I am sorry, but Misawa, would you rather he downloaded the movie then gave it to his mates too, or watched it online (albeit for free) but not actually steal it?

Think of it as walking in to Comet and watching their TVs ;)

ben
18-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I gave you a place where you can watch

+15
not to mention its the best site if you actually do it

dirrty
18-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Who gives a toss?

I am sorry, but Misawa, would you rather he downloaded the movie then gave it to his mates too, or watched it online (albeit for free) but not actually steal it?

misawa will most probably say buy it, don't be cheap, doesn't help the industry, etc.

even though they're all true, hey i prefer being a cheapskate.

peteyt
20-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Who gives a toss?

Like me Misawa works in the film production area. It's like you may download music but I bet if you became an artist struggling to sell your work you'd change your opinion on people downloading it.

With DVD's and stuff like Love Film so cheap now people can get what they want legally for not much. It won't stop people downloading but you can't expect people who work in that industry to like it.

You wouldn't go to a bakery and steal their products.

Cwmbran
20-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Like me Misawa works in the film production area. It's like you may download music but I bet if you became an artist struggling to sell your work you'd change your opinion on people downloading it.

With DVD's and stuff like Love Film so cheap now people can get what they want legally for not much. It won't stop people downloading but you can't expect people who work in that industry to like it.

Actually one of my fave bands lead singers is registerd to a music leaking site and he leaks his own bands music for download so yeh.

I use www.zmovie.tv

Recursion
20-05-2011, 06:25 AM

So, movies like Inception who make 10x the profit that their budget was and labels such as EMI who take 99% of the music's cut and gives the artist 0.5p per download is any better? I'd purchase music, but right now I don't want to give my money to greedy-ass labels.

Stealing bread from a bakery is taking the original, physically stealing (as would be physically stealing a DVD), downloading is simply making a copy of, if piracy was ruled out, they still wouldn't get my money, there are no lost sales.

peteyt
20-05-2011, 05:45 PM
So, movies like Inception who make 10x the profit that their budget was and labels such as EMI who take 99% of the music's cut and gives the artist 0.5p per download is any better? I'd purchase music, but right now I don't want to give my money to greedy-ass labels.

Stealing bread from a bakery is taking the original, physically stealing (as would be physically stealing a DVD), downloading is simply making a copy of, if piracy was ruled out, they still wouldn't get my money, there are no lost sales.

Yeah the big film companies and labels do get a lot but the problem is the majority of people will download everything regardless of who made it meaning small independent film companies and labels will get their stuff.

And Cwmbran if he wants to distribute his music then that's his choice but others have different opinions.

How I see it is I work for Tesco at the moment, there massive, a big money making thing like the labels and film companies, so according to you lot that means we should steal from them, but most obviously wont.

AgnesIO
20-05-2011, 05:55 PM

When you say working in the industry what do you mean? Isn't Misawa a reviewer? How exactly does people watching (NOT downloading) movies online affect reviewing a film at all?

I am not saying I agree with downloading everything and tend to pay for DVD's and some music myself. Also, in reply to 'dirr(r)ty', I never questioned what is wrong with it, but really I don't see how someone watching a movie online (which in many respects is a bit like gonig around a friends house and watching their dvd..) is that bad.

Chippiewill
20-05-2011, 07:36 PM
When you say working in the industry what do you mean? Isn't Misawa a reviewer? How exactly does people watching (NOT downloading) movies online affect reviewing a film at all?

He's a producer, says so on his IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3033111/

AgnesIO
20-05-2011, 08:20 PM
He's a producer, says so on his IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3033111/

Ah fair enough then, I know he does reviews for stuff lol I don't tend to keep peoples IMDB's though haha

peteyt
20-05-2011, 08:34 PM

I am not saying I agree with downloading everything and tend to pay for DVD's and some music myself. Also, in reply to 'dirr(r)ty', I never questioned what is wrong with it, but really I don't see how someone watching a movie online (which in many respects is a bit like gonig around a friends house and watching their dvd..) is that bad.

Well it all comes down to simply one thing, money. People say its okay to download as the film studio's get lots of profit anyway's but a lot of these same people download stuff from independent film-makers who can often be struggling to get cash.

You might not see the problem but you have to see it as someone's job, thus the reason I used stealing food from a supermarket as an example - it's just the same - someone looses profit someone gains something for free illegally.

People think its different because it's digital but never really think of the people who worked hard to produce it.

AgnesIO
20-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Well it all comes down to simply one thing, money. People say its okay to download as the film studio's get lots of profit anyway's but a lot of these same people download stuff from independent film-makers who can often be struggling to get cash.

You might not see the problem but you have to see it as someone's job, thus the reason I used stealing food from a supermarket as an example - it's just the same - someone looses profit someone gains something for free illegally.

People think its different because it's digital but never really think of the people who worked hard to produce it.

Ah, but food is individual, a film isn't. If I download a song off of a torrent website, I wouldn't have bought it anyway, therefore the label or artist has not actually lost anything. But if I steal some food from a shop, actually produce has been lost.

hamheyelliot
20-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I know you've covered it and all, but the fact music and film can be taken in a way that's not physical and tangible is the sole reason so many do it. I'm taking a guess that around 99% of the unique illegal downloaders in the world would never dare take a DVD or an album.

I don't really know where the discussion is going with all of this, but habits like these are hard to break somebody out of. We can lecture on and on about being at the other end of the spectrum but we're missing the bigger picture.

The damages for illegal downloading exceeds the amount of money there is in the world, and I'm pretty sure that's just for one studio. That's just how much artists get screwed over, but it's sadly a bit futile.

AgnesIO
20-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I know you've covered it and all, but the fact music and film can be taken in a way that's not physical and tangible is the sole reason so many do it. I'm taking a guess that around 99% of the unique illegal downloaders in the world would never dare take a DVD or an album.

I don't really know where the discussion is going with all of this, but habits like these are hard to break somebody out of. We can lecture on and on about being at the other end of the spectrum but we're missing the bigger picture.

The damages for illegal downloading exceeds the amount of money there is in the world, and I'm pretty sure that's just for one studio. That's just how much artists get screwed over, but it's sadly a bit futile.

I think as much as the end buyers can be blamed for us, the growing trend in MP3 sales can be blamed too. The biggest MP3 seller in the world, rips people off like no tomorrow.

Many buyers, do not realise there are other far better options when buying songs (such as Amazon MP3 etc), and go straight to iTunes.

I am going to pick five songs at random, and compare the prices between the store everyone has heard of (iTunes) and the far less well known store (Amazon MP3).

1) Friendly Fires - Pala - Live Those Days Tonight
iTunes = 0.99p
Amazon MP3 = 0.79p

2) Adele - 21 - Rolling in the Deep
iTunes - 0.99p
Amazon MP3 - 0.79p

3) Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Arlandria
iTunes - 0.99p
Amazon MP3 - 0.79p

4) Kate Bush - Director's Cut - Never Be Mine
iTunes - 0.99p
Amazon MP3 - 0.79p

5) Chris Brown - Beautiful People - Beautiful People
iTunes - 0.99p
Amazon MP3 - 0.79p

And a random CD..

6) Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
iTunes - £7.99
Amazon MP3 - £7.49

---

Now is it any wonder, if people do not know of other options apart from iTunes? The new MP3 business, in Apples direction is clearly a complete and utter rip off.

Recursion
20-05-2011, 09:19 PM
The argument is invalid either way, it was proven pirates spend, on average, more on music yearly than any 'legal' consumer.

peteyt
20-05-2011, 09:27 PM
it doesn't make it right still though

Recursion
20-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Is it not? If I download an album and like it, I'm going to buy it, if I don't, I'll keep the download but not listen to it often or buy it legally. Just an example, I discovered I love The Killers and The Prodigy through downloading their albums and as a result I've gone and bought a physical disks.

AgnesIO
20-05-2011, 09:35 PM

A slightly stronger reply to my post on this page would be appreciated.

peteyt
20-05-2011, 11:05 PM
A slightly stronger reply to my post on this page would be appreciated.

Firstly to Recursion the problem is a large amount of downloaders aren't doing that and that's the problem. I know people who claim they are the biggest fans of bands and love all their stuff yet never actually buy their stuff. Some people will download stuff and then eventually buy it but the a large amount aren't fussed as they are getting it for free.

And to you think Marketing. A lot more people are buying stuff digitally these days as its cheap and illegal. If you buy a lot of stuff then the differences in prices e.g. between Amazon and iTunes would add up but for an occasional buy its still cheap. Companies are always going to try and beat people's prices so its no surprise to find there's a difference, you'd find the same comparing dvd and CD releases from multiple stores and supermarkets.

The problem is while some people only download music because of the price and thus have embraced the world of cheap digital sales, many simply download because its free and no matter what price Amazon or iTunes offer them, the will still download.

Chippiewill
20-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Most people don't pirate for cost but because it's easier. For example I pirate TV shows because I can't be bothered to sit in front of the tv at the correct time or set a PVR to record, not because I'm bothered about watching adverts. I don't got to watch films in a cinema because it's so inconvenient to actually go to the cinema. For Music I use spotify because it's so damn convenient, I used to use the Free version but because it was so convenient I now pay for the premium and I can get any song I want, at anytime, anywhere with 3G, I don't have to stick in my password every-time I want a song and it's bloody well cost effective. If companies give the the option to watch TV shows and Films legally from my computer in a convenient way then I'll happily watch adverts and if it's a good service and a reasonable price I'll even pay for it just like spotify.

And the nonsense is that many companies do it (For TV) but they're so over the top about regional restriction. I can't get any of the american dramas that I like without waiting three months for them to air here.

Wig44.
20-05-2011, 11:38 PM
http://www.utorrent.com/ Download this
http://www.isohunt.com/ Download torrents from here (torrents are a legal way of sharing files guis!)
http://www.thepiratebay.org/ And here

Can get some films in HD (BR rips), can get some films currently in the cinema as R5s if you get lucky. Avoid cams unless you want **** quality ****. Much better than a low quality stream.

People who say pirating is stealing: It isn't. Pirating brings more copies of whatever is pirated into the world and doesn't cause any party involved to lose the pirated item. The music industry should embrace pirating, it spurs consumerism.

HotelUser
21-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Downloading illegally doesn't have nearly as worse repercussions as other things we do, or don't prevent elsewhere (hi China and Africa). and we don't try to stop/help there, and pirating isn't physically stealing something so hey ho.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!