PDA

View Full Version : Save Yourself From Scams

Nick
19-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Quickly, to the lifeboats! (No, wait...)
Since we've been talking about how to avoid scamsites and retro sites for most of this week, it's time to put the theory to the test. Pop by the Net Cafe anytime from today until 23 May and check out our Say No To Retros! competition poll in the room and see how much you know about avoiding those pesky scammers.
A random 50 Habbos who get all the correct answers will receive a Waasa Desktop Computer and a No To Retros badge, while everyone else who gets all the right answers will receive a No To Retros badge as well. Good luck and stay safe!
- Tallespin - Player Support (and Habbo safety!) Guru.

Done the poll

Answers: (very easy)

1. report the URL to a mod or to the habbo player support tool
2. delete the mail and run a virus check. Habbo staff will never ask for my password
3. because there might bedangerous viruses and keyloggers on the website
4. No
5. running an antivirus on my computer

Tom
19-05-2011, 07:15 AM
I've still not managed to get in, I'm always in the queue in the 20's. ;[

Mr-Trainor
19-05-2011, 07:31 AM
I'll fill this out later :D.

Mr-Trainor
19-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Just done this and I can confirm the answers in the op are correct :).

Mathew
19-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Yeah answers are correct. Makes me laugh how it looked like we were getting a rare badge (by attempting to get into the Infobus sessions)... but now they've just released them to everyone in this room poll! :P I'm glad I didn't waste more time trying to get into the bus now lol.

A random 50 Habbos who get all the correct answers will receive a Waasa Desktop Computer and a No To Retros badge, while everyone else who gets all the right answers will receive a No To Retros badge as well.
LOL they're making it sound like the desktop computer is worth loads and the badge is just a bit on the side.. it's only 3 credits to buy from the catalogue! :P

geo
19-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Well that was easy :P

Triz
20-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Apparently I've done it, though I have no prior knowledge of this, so I was probably very tired or drunk, so I'll be surprised if I got them right

Pigperson
20-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I love the simplicity of this competition :D

Will

Jordan
20-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Just about to go and complete this, thanks a lot for the answers!

Boot
20-05-2011, 10:56 PM
btw it cant be the same badge because the infobus badge says "thanks for coming to the say no to retros session"

Mr-Trainor
21-05-2011, 10:44 AM
btw it cant be the same badge because the infobus badge says "thanks for coming to the say no to retros session"

It may be the same badge but with different descriptions.

JerseySafety
21-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks Nick. Answers are correct! :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!