PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Help Tool Hacked - User details compromised

Hecktix
20-05-2011, 01:08 PM
https://help.habbo.com/home

Important safety information to all users who have used Habbo Help tool! (https://help.habbo.com/entries/20133091-important-safety-information-to-all-users-who-have-used-habbo-help-tool)

Cosette May-18 • Important now!
On Thursday, May 12th we noticed an unauthorized access to our Habbo Help tool (http://help.habbo.com) (http://help.habbo.com%29/). Since then, we have been securing the service and investigating the extent of this access to verify how much customer information may have been accessed.

We now have sufficient evidence to believe that the person(s) behind this intrusion have managed to gain access to view information of some people who had sent a help request through our customer service system. This information includes the players' Habbo user names and email addresses and sent request information as well as responses by our Customer Service Agents. According to our current knowledge, only a potentially small amount of Habbo.com users have been affected by this.

No data outside of the customer service contacts themselves have been accessed or modified. Users who have not used Habbo Help Tool are not impacted by this incident. Information not part of any customer service contact is not impacted.

The Habbo Help Tool is now fixed and can be used securely.

We deeply apologize for this, and as a safety precaution we ask you to do the following:

- Be aware of fake Habbo emails. Habbo staff never asks for personal information, such as passwords or credit card information in emails. If this is done, you can be sure it is a scam! Also, never click on links in emails that you are not 100% sure of!

- If you notice suspicious emails, please inform us via Habbo Help tool that is now safe to use.

- Registered Habbo users should now verify their email address in order to access the Habbo Help Tool. This is an extra safety measure.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience! We are doing our best to keep Habbo Hotel one of the safest online communities, and we also ask you to help us in making that happen!

Kind Regards,

Habbo Staff

Credit to Claim for showing me this, I can't quite believe how difficult it is to find. Habbo should have at least told people properly (homepage or email)... quite appallingly handled methinks.

What's your view?

Calvin
20-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Judging by a screenshot another user posted on this forum, it wasn't hacked, just went to the page with the user's tickets. :P

Don't really trust it now though.

Mark
20-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Was it hacked or not? If it was, it's not th best thing for Habbo! I really hope the actual client doesn't get hacked though :(

Catzsy
20-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Well I am surprised they didn't put this on the front page. It is quite a serious issue.

Hecktix
20-05-2011, 01:43 PM
the wording of that article makes it seems that someone did something which gained them unauthorised access, so yes I'd guess it was hacked.

Triz
20-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I've never used help tool anyway :)

Sharon
20-05-2011, 03:39 PM
How appauling that they didn't put this on www.habbo.com, pretty stupid that you only would of known if you played detective for a while.

Mr-Trainor
20-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Well Ived use the help tool twice in the past month.
I agree that this should be on the homepage.

-Danube-
20-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Fair enough, they made a mistake and they were compromised, but with something as serious as this they should have posted it on the main site to make everyone aware. The main issue in this is the fact that some people can now see emails with usernames, the whole point of Habbo ID was to make it safer to login by making your email private and separate from your username. There will be alot of malicious behaviour to emails because of this and so Habbo should make people more aware.

Habbo have kinda tried to hide this as best they can, they seem embarrased about it, they should not. They have had their security tested and aslong as they rectify the issue and compensate any victims, then they have come out of the other side of the ordeal better, they now have a safer help system.

Shame Habbo seem to be going around things the total wrong way. People criticise if you try and hide something, whereas if you make it in plain public view there isn't as much scrutiny as it's all out there.

Pigperson
20-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't think it got hacked, is that person even in a senior role and if they have been hacked, thats just stupid, how can Habbo not be secure nowadays.

Will

-Danube-
20-05-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't think it was hacked was it? I thought there was just a loop hole in their security where they found a link to view submitted tickets past and present? Showing up the email and user ID of each person.

Red
20-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I noticed this yesterday when I went on. I used it so guess ive been compromised ;/
o and I couldn't log on either. It said my email was not activated when it clearly was and my primary id had been changed? :S So I had to delete my email and relink it so idk if it had anything to do with this.

AgnesIO
20-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't think it got hacked, is that person even in a senior role and if they have been hacked, thats just stupid, how can Habbo not be secure nowadays.

Will

-COUGH COUGH COUGH PS3 NETWORK COUGH COUGH COUGH-

Someone doesn't need to be 'senior' to be giving information you know.

jakey,,
21-05-2011, 11:05 AM
https://help.habbo.com/home

Credit to Claim for showing me this, I can't quite believe how difficult it is to find. Habbo should have at least told people properly (homepage or email)... quite appallingly handled methinks.

What's your view?

Errr no they only found out on the 12th of may when i submitted the ticket and page sources and screenshots of the helptool hacked and evidence of forums ect. So in all respect, say thanks to me not habbo :p

oh and i also received a trophy from mod-darthleonine for relaying the information on to the habbo staff and tech team
http://i55.tinypic.com/sbq77t.png and i have a trohpy somewhere :P

AgnesIO
21-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Errr no they only found out on the 12th of may when i submitted the ticket and page sources and screenshots of the helptool hacked and evidence of forums ect. So in all respect, say thanks to me not habbo :p

oh and i also received a trophy from mod-darthleonine for relaying the information on to the habbo staff and tech team
http://i55.tinypic.com/sbq77t.png and i have a trohpy somewhere :P

Why on earth does that matter.

You really need to sort your ego out.

jakey,,
21-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Why on earth does that matter.

You really need to sort your ego out.
because i'm the only one in the hotel who knows every little detail, it matters because you lot are discussing what it is and I know?

AgnesIO
21-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I doubt this whole thing is much though, if I am honest.

It would be worse if it gave people really easy hacking chances.

jakey,,
21-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I doubt this whole thing is much though, if I am honest.

It would be worse if it gave people really easy hacking chances.

want me to post the screeny of the unauthorised access i managed to get hold of?

Eoin247
21-05-2011, 11:33 AM
They should have made this more public. Hopefully they will still do so.

jakey,,
21-05-2011, 11:56 AM
*removed* is the unauthorised access pic of habbo.nl helptool which lead to them realising .com helptool was hacked

Edited by Jordesh (Forum Moderator): Please do not post private details

OhLiam
21-05-2011, 02:41 PM
because i'm the only one in the hotel who knows every little detail, it matters because you lot are discussing what it is and I know?You really need to sort your life out if you have one. I KNOW EVERY LITTLE DETAIL OF HABBO HOTELS.

Also don't really care much about this tbh.

AgnesIO
21-05-2011, 02:49 PM
because i'm the only one in the hotel who knows every little detail, it matters because you lot are discussing what it is and I know?

Stop acting like you are the king.. you are rich on a virtual world, with all due respect I doubt you do know 'every little detail', you found (or someone told you) about a flaw in the HHT. - that is it.

want me to post the screeny of the unauthorised access i managed to get hold of?

Did I ask for proof? I just said I doubt it means much - when people get hacked because of this flaw I will believe it is serious.

jakey,,
21-05-2011, 09:15 PM
well i can copy and paste the ticket responses you wish, no i was being targeted hence they offered me a security question as they found my details and were creating tickets asking for my details.

GiantEye
21-05-2011, 09:41 PM
GUTTED!!!!!!

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts, thanks!

AgnesIO
21-05-2011, 10:32 PM
well i can copy and paste the ticket responses you wish, no i was being targeted hence they offered me a security question as they found my details and were creating tickets asking for my details.

One of the richest users in Habbo targeted..

Wow, because people don't attempt that every day

jakey,,
22-05-2011, 12:05 PM
One of the richest users in Habbo targeted..

Wow, because people don't attempt that every day

wow and you think i don't know, but you think when somone found my account details by compromising the customer support system is not illegal for habbo nor bad... woo.
first response:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Habbo.

Your report is currently being investigated and we appreciate your feedback to us. However at this point we would like to assure you that Sulake Databases have *not* been compromised and your Habbo accounts are perfectly safe.

This link ********************************* does not currently work, is there a new url for it?

Since you might be a target, I suggest an extra secret security question for you which will clearly identify you as the actual owner of the Habbo account. Do think of a secret question and answer that we can use to identify yourself and give it to us.

Yours,

Habbo.com Customer Support

May-12 2011 20:45
AND
Hello,

I would also like to reassure you that the email system is perfectly safe to use.

Yours,

May-12 2011 20:54
2nd response
Hello,

Do not worry, our email system is safe to be used and you can use it to communicate with us. :)

Yours,

May-13 2011 00:10
3rd response
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Habbo and for providing the info about the hack forums. I've been following all of your recent email threads and have reported it to the tech team for several days.

We have recently released a news about this at https://help.habbo.com/entries/20133091-important-safety-information-to-all-users-who-have-used-habbo-help-tool.

In the meantime, I suggest an extra secret security question for you which will clearly identify you as the actual owner of the Habbo account. Do think of a secret question and answer that we can use to identify yourself and give it to us. Rest assured that the email system is back to normal and it is perfectly safe to use.

Yours,

May-19 2011 00:14
AND
Hello,

I also strongly recommend that you scan your computer for malware/ keylogger since you have been using your computer to access hackforums.

Yours,

May-19 2011 01:23
AND
Hello,

Also, you previously mentioned "Also the main issue how he is getting habbo's email addresses ect is there's a exploit on the verify email address link, the hacker has accounts which he needs to verify this way, my friend reconstructed what it looks like, as when somone asks to verify it sends him the email/link ect which is leading to an unsafe account for habbo.com users ***************** my friend sent me that."

Tech is asking if you are able to get the page source or the actual url so that they are able to investigate it? Thanks.

Yours,

May-19 2011 02:01
4TH RESPONSE
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Habbo and for the info for the tech team. :)

I hope your scan comes up clean of any malware and we have noted your secret security question. Stay safe always!

Yours,

May-20 2011 02:05

Aaron
22-05-2011, 03:52 PM
It shows.. even their security system isn't even safe..

DPS
23-05-2011, 08:43 AM
I said this weeks ago, and no1 wanted to listen to me LOL

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!