PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Radio First Studio Pictures

peteyt
21-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Here are some first pictures of our brand new office space we have just secured and are turning it into a little studio.

It's not massive but the picture's don't fully show the full size and my camera was dying so I had to be quick.

The next month or so we will be kitting it out and doing work to it. We will keep people up to date with the progress and show development photos.

The good thing is that the area it's located has lots of spaces and if need be in the future we can expand and get more space/rooms.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248292_154693021264475_143443212389456_320802_2951 177_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/246669_154693037931140_143443212389456_320803_5209 648_n.jpg

redtom
21-05-2011, 01:06 PM
What is Dynamic Radio, where are you based, why have you got a studio?

Jack!
21-05-2011, 01:07 PM
What is Dynamic Radio, where are you based, why have you got a studio?

Have you not seen all the other dynamic radio threads?

peteyt
21-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Dynamic Radio is an online radio station based in Carlisle. We have a studio so we can do a bigger amount of local based shows giving local students the chance to have their voice heard, it means they can present from a place as some don't have their own equipment and it will help us to do local based events, sponsorships etc.

We won't be running it from the studio 24/7 so some presenters will be presenting from other places e.g. their home in a different city.

hamheyelliot
21-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Although you're definitely going overboard a teensy bit on threads, I can't say I mind because it's nice to see a bit of a success story in motion.

Despite being small it looks like a great space to start out with, looks like you get a lot of natural light anyway. Good luck with it.

peteyt
22-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Although you're definitely going overboard a teensy bit on threads, I can't say I mind because it's nice to see a bit of a success story in motion.

Despite being small it looks like a great space to start out with, looks like you get a lot of natural light anyway. Good luck with it.

Ha I'm just following what the others do lol. Well usually I'd only post onto one board but I've seen other stations creating new posts for other news so thought it might be best to follow this - I thought they'd maybe be done for spamming but it must be okay as it's a new announcement anyway's.

But thanks for your enthusiasm to. Some say it looks too small but it doesn't need to be big, and it would be stupid to get something massive with space we don't really need/wouldn't really use. Hopefully we can expand if we can get some profit e.g. from advertising on the radio.

Marbian
22-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I've been part of Peter Thompson's work since 2006, from rise against media, to this. It's been a great change into looking at a future, and attempting to make a great company out of it. The enthusiasm Peter has, is wonderful. I can't wait for the launch of dynamic radio.

peteyt
23-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Has just signed up for a BT Business Line and they will contact me once they have looked up our location. There is a business phone line installed from the previous owners it would seem, so they should just need to reconnect it but they need to double check.

roastchips
23-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Looks great but also looks like there will be alot of echo, get some carpet tiles on the walls or some sort of noise deading stuff. At very least get a ruck of curtains hung up, the hevier the better.

REPEATED FROM OTHER THREAD

As said for radio internal sound cards are not the best, while you may have a small operation currently if you were to run a system such as ENCO DAD, Myriad or even Master Control you would need a proper broadcast card like a Delta or M-Audio.

As well as this on FM you would defiantly need processing, Compression, Gating, EQ, Expander and a AGC at a minimum for the whole setup. If the studio is going to be running all day as well Behringer mixer is a no no while there pro mics can take a good beating there boards are pretty awful for radio with the exception of the DX1000 and DX2000 but there not brilliant. For radio you need a console that will auto mute monitors when mics are raised and also possibly a on air light.

My advice would be to save a bit and look for something like a Airmate or a Sonifex desk.

Mic wise its all good, if you want guests i can recommend the Behringer B1, cheap but very nice sounding.

peteyt
23-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Cheers for your advice. We are thinking of getting the computer and simply upgrading eventually as the equipment we have should be okay for now until we can afford to upgrade.

Matt9890
24-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Lookin good, wanna see it when it's done! Is there a website?

peteyt
24-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Lookin good, wanna see it when it's done! Is there a website?

Yeah but we decided to launch it when we go live to give people something to look forward to

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!