PDA

View Full Version : Offering dungeoneering/effigy assistance and item lending

MJJ
21-05-2011, 09:38 AM
A couple of people from this forum have pm'd me ingame asking me to help them make weapons in Dungeoneering so that they could bind them. So I've decided to post a thread incase anyone else needs help. There are threads on the RS forums by people with 99 Smithing/Mining who offer to make you weapons/armour to bind but they usually ask for money in return. I've seen some people pay upto 3M for a prom spear or whatever which I think is a bit ridiculous, so I'm offering to make any weapons/armour for free. Just PM me ingame and I'll help you out free of charge.

Secondly, if anyone has any effigies which they can't open then I can also assist - doesn't matter on the skill or level. I usually forget to assist daily so I'm rarely maxed out. Again, for free (why do people ask for money in order to assist anyway.. you're getting free exp).

Lastly, I wanted to say that I'll be lending out some items if anyones interested. I'm not rich, but I can lend these items out for 24 hours for free, since I don't really use them. I've got bandos chestplate, tassets, whip, fury and staff of light if anyone wants to borrow any of these.
My runescape username is Angury and my private chat is always on, so feel free to message me or post here and I will add you ingame.

marine
21-05-2011, 09:45 AM
I've added you, my names Borders. :)

Matthew
21-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Nice of you to do this :)

JerseySafety
21-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I agree with Matts.

Very nice of you to do this - you are a very generous person.

I might need your assistance in the dungeoneering binding thing.

+rep :)

Aidenn
21-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Really kind of you Amy :)

And yeah imma be naughty,

Feel free to use my assists too should Amy be maxed, and if shes lent a part of armour out ill happilly lend mine for 24hrs (have same items as amy)

MJJ
21-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Just thought I'd update and say that I no longer have the bandos items as I've decided to try my hand at merching (and probably fail) so the only items I can lend now are fury, staff of light, whip and dragon boots. Aiden is kind enough to lend out his bandos though so you can all spam him if you need it.

Rashelly
24-05-2011, 12:38 AM
I never understood why people ask for money for assisting with effigies either... Or why people pay! An exp lamp (even a good one) isn't worth that much!

Very nice of you to offer your services

Dungeoneering... I'm trying to get into it (not very successfully might I add), I have a prom rapier and a katagon platebodoy binded (i think), is there anything better that you can make? I'm a DG noob so that might be a stupid question

Rashelly
24-05-2011, 12:38 AM
No idea why this double posted... mods, feel free to delete

MJJ
24-05-2011, 01:21 AM
I never understood why people ask for money for assisting with effigies either... Or why people pay! An exp lamp (even a good one) isn't worth that much!

Very nice of you to offer your services

Dungeoneering... I'm trying to get into it (not very successfully might I add), I have a prom rapier and a katagon platebodoy binded (i think), is there anything better that you can make? I'm a DG noob so that might be a stupid question

I can make you a prom platebody (you are 90 defence right?) which is alot better than katagon. I'd also recommend a prom 2h or spear instead of a rapier. A spear has all three attack styles and can also be poisoned, which can often be useful.
Personally, I'd recommend the prom 2h. It has very high accuracy, but the main reason people bind it is so that they can use a berserker ring with it, which increases your strength level.
To be honest, although a spear uses all three attack styles, most monsters in DG are weak to slash, so it shouldn't really matter too much. You could try out a prom spear and see if you like it, then get a prom 2h once you get enough tokens to upgrade your berserker ring? The choice is yours really.

Rashelly
24-05-2011, 01:48 AM
I can make you a prom platebody (you are 90 defence right?) which is alot better than katagon. I'd also recommend a prom 2h or spear instead of a rapier. A spear has all three attack styles and can also be poisoned, which can often be useful.
Personally, I'd recommend the prom 2h. It has very high accuracy, but the main reason people bind it is so that they can use a berserker ring with it, which increases your strength level.
To be honest, although a spear uses all three attack styles, most monsters in DG are weak to slash, so it shouldn't really matter too much. You could try out a prom spear and see if you like it, then get a prom 2h once you get enough tokens to upgrade your berserker ring? The choice is yours really.

thanks for the reply and advice, i was just doing a few floors and got a prom platebody and i made a mistake in my first post, i actually have a primal rapier.
i assume primal rapier is better than prom stuff? if not, i'll def take up your offer of a spear or 2h

yes, i am a big noob when it comes to DG!

MJJ
24-05-2011, 08:10 AM
A primal rapier can be a good weapon when you're under level 89 DG and keying because it means you can wear a shield with it and use a tank ring as it's single-handed. If you're not keying though, the main thing you will be doing is killing monsters in guardian rooms so the best combination is a prom 2h and a berserker ring. The rapier isn't really that strong, which is why you don't notice many people binding it. Usually it's either a primal battleaxe (at level 89) if you're a keyer or the prom 2h with the berserker ring.
If you like the rapier though, you don't have to change it. I'm just saying what most people prefer to bind.

Rashelly
24-05-2011, 08:17 AM
A primal rapier can be a good weapon when you're under level 89 DG and keying because it means you can wear a shield with it and use a tank ring as it's single-handed. If you're not keying though, the main thing you will be doing is killing monsters in guardian rooms so the best combination is a prom 2h and a berserker ring. The rapier isn't really that strong, which is why you don't notice many people binding it. Usually it's either a primal battleaxe (at level 89) if you're a keyer or the prom 2h with the berserker ring.
If you like the rapier though, you don't have to change it. I'm just saying what most people prefer to bind.
okay, thanks for the advice, next time we're both on i'll annoy you until you make me one :p

i don't often key, tbh i just kind of stay quiet and kill things

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!