PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHH COMPS BRAKING DOWN!!!

:.justben.:
22-05-2011, 01:57 PM
first the igfx screwed up and now every thing corrupting i want to reset my laptop but i never got a disk to put the laptop to factory setting where can buy a disk for an aspire 5920 laptop and if theres any way of fixing this please tell me :( i think it started once i forced viruses to heal 1+rep if u please help me :(

Mark
22-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Backup your stuff and reinstall the Operating System. If not your laptop seems to be broken. Surely you got the Operating System on a disk when you got your laptop?

Stephen
22-05-2011, 02:37 PM
I swear you don't normally get a disk? You get asked to burn the recovery onto a disk I thought

Recursion
22-05-2011, 05:09 PM
It's probably on a recovery partition, I suggest you lookup your laptop's manual to find out how to access it.

:.justben.:
12-06-2011, 01:08 PM
lol i got - rep for punctuation srsly -.-

Edited by Oleh (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, Thanks!

Firehorse
12-06-2011, 01:11 PM
If it's under warranty then you can send it back for a free repair if you're unable to find your recovery data.

Recursion
12-06-2011, 01:19 PM
If it's under warranty then you can send it back for a free repair if you're unable to find your recovery data.

Not true, but you could just as easily contact their support and if they refuse to send disks out they're in violation of their Microsoft corporate contracts. Acer must have given you some recovery media at some point.

Firehorse
12-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Not true, but you could just as easily contact their support and if they refuse to send disks out they're in violation of their Microsoft corporate contracts. Acer must have given you some recovery media at some point.

depending on the service offered it's very true. dell, targa etc all do free repair under warranty. That is if it's not possible to fix over the phone at least.

This site may be of interest: http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx

Recursion
12-06-2011, 02:06 PM
depending on the service offered it's very true. dell, targa etc all do free repair under warranty. That is if it's not possible to fix over the phone at least.

This site may be of interest: http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx
Not having recovery disks doesn't warrant a warranty 'repair' as you said in your post ;)

Firehorse
12-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Not having recovery disks doesn't warrant a warranty 'repair' as you said in your post ;)

Same thing, you phone them up and if they can't fix it over the phone they will take it in for repair. Under warranty that is.

cocaine
12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
you need to delete system32

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts that are intended to be unhelpful and sarcastic!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!