PDA

View Full Version : Spotify Music Through SAM?

Mark
23-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Just wondering if it is possible to play/stream my spotify music through sam broadcaster? Does anyone know how to do this and if so could they post and tell me? +Rep to good answers!

hamheyelliot
23-05-2011, 04:48 PM
This probably isn't as simple as I'm going to make this sound, but you could enable Stereo Mix on your computer and make that SAM's default recording device. Play a song on Spotify, and ensure SAM is recording/streaming and that music will be broadcast.

This has potential problems in non-premium/unlimited users with the ads and you have to avoid system sounds playing, I'm guessing. Hope that helps a little, that's probably how I'd attempt this pretty brave task. :P

Recursion
23-05-2011, 04:52 PM
You might be able to get Virtual Cables and tell Spotify to output on one and SAM to listen on it.

Mark
23-05-2011, 04:56 PM
You might be able to get Virtual Cables and tell Spotify to output on one and SAM to listen on it.

How would I do this? +Rep to both :)

peteyt
23-05-2011, 08:22 PM
It's possible but I'm sure it would be illegal as you didn't actually own a copy of the track

Mathew
23-05-2011, 08:24 PM
hahahahaha Mark wants to be a HxL DJ without paying for music!! ;)

Recursion
23-05-2011, 10:40 PM
It's possible but I'm sure it would be illegal as you didn't actually own a copy of the track

I doubt anyone who DJs on HxL bothered buying the majority of their music.

peteyt
23-05-2011, 10:58 PM
I doubt anyone who DJs on HxL bothered buying the majority of their music.

Yeah but I believe we wouldn't be able to advertise illegal stuff on here.

Jordy
23-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah but I believe we wouldn't be able to advertise illegal stuff on here.That is true but nothing mentioned is illegal. For instance VirtualCables isn't illegal software, it just might be used for illegal things (Streaming Spotify over the Internet for instance). It'd be like saying computers can't be discusses as they could be used for illegal things.

It's sort of an open secret that the DJs illegally download music like any other teenagers, it's unrealistic to expect them to fork out £100s for some music to play on a Habbo fansite. I'm not sure HabboxLive even has the correct license to broadcast in the UK anyway, if anyone recalls the whole licensing issues a few years back.

Anyway no one's really doing any harm so dw :p

Mark
24-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Thread Closed, thanks to everyone who answered I'll +rep later as I'm on my phone!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!