PDA

View Full Version : SIMS 3 HELP

VelvetClover
24-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Ok so I went to play Sims 3 Late Night tonight (haven't played it in a while) and when I launch the game through the game launcher it says "Disc Authentication Failure - No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 game disc before proceeding"
The disc is in there!! I've tried restarting my computer, taking the disc out and cleaning it and putting it back in, uninstalling the game and reinstalling but nothing seems to work.
Anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it?

dbgtz
24-05-2011, 09:40 PM
faulty disc drive? Have you tried another disc?

Chippiewill
24-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Sounds to me like sims believes that the drive you're using is actually a virtual drive, I'd actually recommend getting an disc crack so you don't actually need the disc but I'm sure I'll get flamed for that. But who really cares as long as you've paid for the game.

VelvetClover
24-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah I've paid for the game...
Do you think it will work if I buy a different copy of the game? And do you know how I go about getting a disc crack?

Chippiewill
24-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Google: "sims 3 no cd". I'm not allowed to post a direct link.

Rashelly
24-05-2011, 10:23 PM
you don't need to use illegal cracks or buy a new CD... just download the EA download manager (here: http://www.ea.com/1/download-manager )
if you have a valid auth code (which it sounds like you do), you can register your game and download the game direct from EA... if you install it that way you never need the disc.

I have most of the sims 3 expansions and have never used any of my discs (my CD/DVD drive on my laptop is a bit temperamental and always gets stuck on a certain file on all Sims 3 games)

VelvetClover
25-05-2011, 03:25 PM
you don't need to use illegal cracks or buy a new CD... just download the EA download manager (here: http://www.ea.com/1/download-manager )
if you have a valid auth code (which it sounds like you do), you can register your game and download the game direct from EA... if you install it that way you never need the disc.

I have most of the sims 3 expansions and have never used any of my discs (my CD/DVD drive on my laptop is a bit temperamental and always gets stuck on a certain file on all Sims 3 games)

I did this and when I went to start the game via the EA download manager it did the same thing! It's the bloody launcher that's causing the problems...I tried to bypass it but I couldn't find the correct file for my expansion pack to make a shortcut. I'm now in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling most of the expansion packs. :/ cheers for the help everyone :)

GommeInc
25-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Electronic Arts are in great trouble at the moment for releasing dodgy patches and games that have not been properly tested. Late Night brought in a great bug which means NPCs/townies drive cars, park them, then spawn a new one and drive away, leaving the car they originally used left in a car park causing considerable lag on most low to high-end computers.

Are you on the latest patch or is there no way of finding out with the broken Launcher? You can bypass the Launcher by:

- Right clicking the Sims 3 desktop icon (Late Night for your case).
- Properties > Target Line
- Delete the text 'Sims3launcher.exe' and replace it with 'TS3EP03.exe'
- Apply > OK

Now when you double click and open it should open straight to the game.

If the game crashes then you could post in their forums or email them directly. Unfortunately EA are hopeless and like destroying the series lately :P

VelvetClover
26-05-2011, 04:44 PM
That worked...I tried that before but must have put the TS3 etc bit in incorrectly.
I reinstalled the packs in a different order yesterday...usually with the sims 3 you use the disc u last installed, right?
Well, Fast Lane stuff was the last one I installed and launched it from Fast Lane Stuff but it launches the Outdoor Living Stuff instead (as it did yesterday when I bypassed the launcher differently to how you advised) - possibly because that was the latest stuff pack released? Idk.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!