PDA

View Full Version : Questions to ask in a job interview

Alexx..
25-05-2011, 09:09 PM
What questions do you think should be asked in a job interview?

I have an interview next Wednesday and I got told that I should ask some questions so yeah, what can I ask?

Conservative,
26-05-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm assuming you're the one getting interviewed?

If so, you shouldn't really be asking questions unless they ask you if you have anything to ask.

Anyway, a quick google search came up with this:

Interview Questions to Ask the Employer

How would you describe the responsibilities of the position?
How would you describe a typical week/day in this position?
Is this a new position? If not, what did the previous employee go on to do?
What is the company's management style?
Who does this position report to? If I am offered the position, can I meet him/her?
How many people work in this office/department?
How much travel is expected?
Is relocation a possibility?
What is the typical work week? Is overtime expected?
What are the prospects for growth and advancement?
How does one advance in the company?
Are there any examples?
What do you like about working here?
What don't you like about working here and what would you change?
Would you like a list of references?
If I am extended a job offer, how soon would you like me to start?
What can I tell you about my qualifications?
When can I expect to hear from you?
Are there any other questions I can answer for you?

Interview Questions NOT to Ask

What does this company do? (Do your research ahead of time!)
If I get the job when can I take time off for vacation? (Wait until you get the offer to mention prior commitments)
Can I change my schedule if I get the job? (If you need to figure out the logistics of getting to work don't mention it now...)
Did I get the job? (Don't be impatient. They'll let you know.)

Arron
26-05-2011, 11:01 AM
It depends what type of job it is.

redtom
26-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Ask if you can have a look/tour around the place you could be working in.
If your not applying for specific hours of work ask about them.
Ask if its possible to get extra hours.
You could ask about in job training depending on the type of company.
Anything that makes it look like your really into the job and very enthusiastic about it, don't ask anything about the obvious or what you should already know.

You shouldn't really be asking questions, are you sure they didn't say you'll be able to ask any questions you may have at the interview? It's very rare that they ask you specificity to ask questions as part of the interview.

Warbringer
08-06-2011, 08:15 PM
This isn't a question or anything but you should do some research on the company before the interview so they know that your a determined contender for the job and are genuinely interested in what the company has to offer.
I hope this helps!

Charlottay!
09-06-2011, 07:48 AM
I always seem to use shift hours as a general question as well as like any other opportunities in the company that are available. :)

-Danube-
09-06-2011, 09:19 AM
This is the way they get you in job interviews. People often think 'Oh it's an interview, i must prepare the answers to their questions' but people often forget that these answers could infact be a question, most interviewers will ask you if you have any questions and imo it's VITAL you ask atleast something.

When i had my job interview, i had a list of questions i would ask, things like this:

Is there possibility to go further in the company?
What training will i receive?
Can i obtain extra hours?

If it's going to be a temp contract, ask whats the possibility of getting onto a permanent contract.

If you have a car, ask about parking arrangements.

This one is kinda irrelavent to your question, but there is one question that alot of interviewers ask you, that can catch you out. I work in the food department at M&S and they asked me in my interview "Why M&S?" this is when i nearly fumbled all over the place, i was not expecting that AT ALL. Luckily i can think fast on my feet and i managed to say something i was quite impressed with as it was coming out of my mouth, but it would have been nice to have some points prepared in my mind.

Don't look too prepared too, you can hear it in peoples voices when they are. Just think of points, but don't string them into sentences in your head, just do it when you are in the interview.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!