PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Student

peteyt
26-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm looking at purchasing adobe possibly as I've used other less well known/used programs in the past.

I read the terms

"You may purchase only one license of any Adobe Student and Teacher Edition product within a 12 month period. Purchases of Suite editions (such as Design Premium or Master Collection) are limited to one title per platform per year. This license may be used only on your privately owned computer. Student and Teacher Edition products may not be resold."

One thing I can't see is anything stating it's only for educational purposes only. Does this mean I could buy it but also use it for other purposes e.g. use it on my home computer to edit, design my website etc.

Thanks.

Recursion
26-05-2011, 09:51 PM
The idea of the teacher/student edition is you install it on your home computer, educational and business institutions should buy licenses through the appropriate channels :P

AgnesIO
26-05-2011, 10:11 PM
just torrent it, adobe even say they don't mind.

peteyt
27-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm sure they would if they caught someone

AgnesIO
27-05-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm sure they would if they caught someone

Think it is worth the risk tbh.

They said: "We only expect business to pay the price for the Suites" - they said something along the lines of that and how they don't care people download it.

To be fair, it is SO easy to get without paying, you would be an absolute mug to pay for it.

peteyt
27-05-2011, 03:24 PM
And I'm leaving Uni soon and starting my own business.

Need something reliable, affordable and cheap lol

Chippiewill
27-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Paint shop pro.. init

But yeah, if you're at school or something they won't be bothered if you pirate because you're a potential customer later from getting the skills earlier.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!