PDA

View Full Version : Alternative option - Netflix

Richie
02-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Hey,
Netflix is only available in the usa is there any legal websites that allow you to pay a small fee every month to watch however amount of movies.

Trinity
02-06-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.lovefilm.com/ is probably the closest thing to netflix. I don't think it's available in Ireland though, so you'd have to either visit it through a proxy or go without.

Recursion
02-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Would recommend LoveFilm, can stream to a Mac/PC/PS3/360 and all sorts.

Richie
02-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Don't they actually send you the discs? I'd prefer to watch it online rather than physical goods or is that not possible?

Camy
02-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Don't they actually send you the discs? I'd prefer to watch it online rather than physical goods or is that not possible?
I'm pretty sure Lovefilm and Netflix are owned by the same people, but yeah, its basically the exact same as netflix. You can stream most things, but they're are certain things only available on disc.

Flisker
02-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Lovefilm and Netflix are owned by the same people, but yeah, its basically the exact same as netflix. You can stream most things, but they're are certain things only available on disc.

LOVEFiLM are owned by Amazon and Netflix are their own company.

I have a LOVEFiLM sub (which I am going to cancel) their online catalogue is something to be desired, not many good films are available in the £9.99 package I have.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!