PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] How not to get hacked on HABBO!

ItzJordan!
04-06-2011, 12:09 PM
So you sick of having to make new accounts? Or know someone who gets hacked everyday? READ THIS!

Step 1, simply create a new email address and DO NOT use hotmail as it is easily hackable. Use either http://gmail.com or http://mail.com and use a random email that you will not give out to anyone e.g [email protected] and make a note of this email!

Step 2, If you use gmail.com you have an option to add 2 step verification, which is were you link your mobile phone to your email address, so if you try to recover a security code/ID will be sent to your mobile.

Step 3, if they ask you to use security questions simply keyboard bash them and note the answer e.g Name of first teacher? JDHJSHFsfhjfsJ, would be a very secure question.

Step 4, never use the same email or pass to anything as if one email is hacked or one password is obtained this means they have obtained your email to lots of different things.

Step 5, now on habbo.com change your password to a random keyboard bashed password e.g lKjsjnhcUHD12sjx812JHdhd and make a note of this password in real life or on your laptop/ipod/computer etc.

Step 6, Instead of creating your habbo account on a ID, hit the manage ways to sign in button and then hit google, type in your email address and pass and make this your primary function! Then when you go to log in, they will not be able to guess your password as they will need to hit more ways to sign in, then hit google and obtain your random bashed gmail email address, will which be hard to do.

Tips:
* Never click links that don't look trusted or offer free services.
* Never trust anyone with your password or email.
* Be careful what you download and make sure you always have an up-to-date security scanner.
* Never use an obvious password or email
* Never use Hotmail.

Hope this really helps, hope you do not get hacked (H)

Jordan

Kecio$
04-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Good tutorial!

+rep

MizzBex
04-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the tips :)

GreenCrayons.
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Step 3, if they ask you to use security questions simply keyboard bash them and note the answer e.g Name of first teacher? JDHJSHFsfhjfsJ, would be a very secure question.
First bad move; How are you going to remember the security question if you type in random combinations? If you loose the place you have written this down then it's going to be pretty hard to get back onto your account if compromised, which brings me onto the second mistake...

Step 5, now on habbo.com change your password to a random keyboard bashed password e.g lKjsjnhcUHD12sjx812JHdhd and make a note of this password in real life or on your laptop/ipod/computer etc.
If you write down this random combination anywhere other than your head you have a pretty good chance of anyone using your laptop or spotting the piece of paper comprimising your accout.

Other than that nice job!

ItzJordan!
04-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks guys! :)

Zuth
04-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Nice guide :) good for new comers :P

Zak
04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I believe there's a similar thread on account security somewhere on here already.

Very good, I use gmail too. My girlfriend's account got reverted, she also made the switch to gmail. Mashing the keypad isn't really the best of ideas, passwords as far as I know are a lot more secure now because of Habbo using captcha. So dictionary or brute attempts on the password can no longer be carried out - unless it can correctly guess the captcha each time ;p.

I think a good, up to date anti-virus can help and should also be mentioned in this thread. :)

Please credit the original author of this though please, which can be found here : http://www.thishabboforum.com/showthread.php?t=26214

ItzJordan!
04-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Forgot to mention that Zak, yes Credit Cally there. I was spreading the word because I believe this could make your account a lot securer!

Bext
05-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Hmmm basic, good for newer habbos i guess..

Better than that email stuff you talked about...use a seperate account for habbo/personal and msn...I have had hotmail since my first day on habbo and been fine.

Also even better if you....

1) Dont click on ANY links

2) Only use msn with your friends from real life or not at all

3)Choose obscure crazy answers for your pws that only u would use (ie not your actual first pets name)

4) Dont use facebook linked to habbo as that is easily hackable also

5) Keep your habbo mates on habbo, dont give them your fb on msn or email

6) change your pw regularly and use seperate pws for your websites and email.

DPS
06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Gmail isnt safe, i can gain access to Gmail easy.

Mail.com is what i use but also not safe, gained access to someones easy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!