PDA

View Full Version : made my self a personal website

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 05:18 PM
hi people i have made myself a personal website and i need your reviews on it here is the link
http://www.thomaspwjenner.co.uk

AgnesIO
05-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Text is hard to read on the background.
I don't care what my IP is
The music is annoying - although it can be paused.
The two counters don't tally with one another.

Just some things I thought, and should be changed :)

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 05:38 PM
well what text do you want or what text can you see and colour and the others well the ip is jus a little thing i got bored

AgnesIO
05-06-2011, 05:39 PM
well what text do you want or what text can you see and colour and the others well the ip is jus a little thing i got bored

One that isn't black or a very dark background? :S

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 05:43 PM
well i am changing colour of text and the background

AgnesIO
05-06-2011, 05:45 PM
well i am changing colour of text and the background

Please don't make it all white instead this time ;)

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 05:57 PM
lol i wont i may pick a cyan colour as i got a dark background

Richie
05-06-2011, 06:01 PM
You do realise you can get in serious trouble with licensing company's for having music played publicly on your website.

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 06:03 PM
it ok i dealt with that i gave them credit in my website for that

AgnesIO
05-06-2011, 06:04 PM
it ok i dealt with that i gave them credit in my website for that

Do you think it is ok to download loads of CDs then? You know, as long as you give them credit for making the music.

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 06:08 PM
i would but that jus means more hassle as i chucked all my cd's away cause they were snaped in half

AgnesIO
05-06-2011, 06:10 PM
i would but that jus means more hassle as i chucked all my cd's away cause they were snaped in half

What? :P I was joking, you know, as no matter if you say thanks or not once you download the music illegally it is still illegal lol

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 06:11 PM
well i blame hypster.com then if i get caught

AgnesIO
05-06-2011, 06:12 PM
well i blame hypster.com then if i get caught

What? You are confusing me :P

If you stab someone, you can't blame the person you bought the knife off of lol

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 06:15 PM
look all i am going to say is this the usic that playing on my website is not illigal musc cause i read the hypster terms and conditions before i went ahead

Trinity
05-06-2011, 06:35 PM
hi people i have made myself a personal website and i need your reviews on it here is the link
http://www.thomaspwjenner.co.uk

Is this serious?
You seem to be very young, so it's great that you're taking an interest in making websites, but you have a lot to learn. Take a look at other personal websites, see what things they all have in common, try to work out why they all do things the way they do. Try to see your website how a random user would see it, they'd struggle to use your website how it is at the moment, the text is too difficult to read, they don't care what their IP is or that you're "comeing to kill" them.
I like your taste in music though, so well done for that, but I'm 99% sure it's illegal to have it playing like that on your website, no matter what hypster says. (Although I did read through their terms of service, and saw nothing saying it was allowed, mind pointing that out for me?)

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 06:41 PM
well i am only 19 years old and i am doing a IT course in website designs so i could say this is a start

AgnesIO
05-06-2011, 06:47 PM
well i am only 19 years old and i am doing a IT course in website designs so i could say this is a start

Oh, how long do you have to do this course?

Trinity
05-06-2011, 06:52 PM

Oh, I thought you were about 9 or 10, I take back what I said. Most people, especially the ones that are actually trying to study web design, know a lot more about it by the time they're 19. Start reeeeeally studying websites, learn about why they do what they do, down to every little pixel. Start reading websites like abduzeedo, smashingmag, tutsplus, etc.

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Oh, how long do you have to do this course?

1 year then i doing a 2 year lvl 3 IT@work at college

Trinity
05-06-2011, 09:42 PM
1 year then i doing a 2 year lvl 3 IT@work at college

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've done that same course. I know there are web design units, but they don't teach you web design at all.
Follow the tiny bits of advice that I've given in this thread, if you have any issues, come over to the Design&Dev section (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56), we'll help you out :)

Angel1303
05-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've done that same course. I know there are web design units, but they don't teach you web design at all.
Follow the tiny bits of advice that I've given in this thread, if you have any issues, come over to the Design&Dev section (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56), we'll help you out :)

yh ok thanks for that i check that link out who knows it may give me some ideas and help

peteyt
06-06-2011, 01:31 AM
the service you are using will have something in its terms like don't play copyrighted stuff on your own website or in general or something along those lines.

It's like ShoutCAST - People can play illegal stuff on it but if they where caught ShoutCAST has terms such as don't play copyrighted materials without the appropriate permission or licenses.

The chances of getting caught are slim though.

BTW What part of web technologies do you aim to learn?

Some people class themselves as web designers and just do the design work, some as web coders doing the code then some as web developers doing all of it

Angel1303
06-06-2011, 12:32 PM
the service you are using will have something in its terms like don't play copyrighted stuff on your own website or in general or something along those lines.

It's like ShoutCAST - People can play illegal stuff on it but if they where caught ShoutCAST has terms such as don't play copyrighted materials without the appropriate permission or licenses.
well i am learning html andphp and the music is fine i spoke to hypster about it and they said it fine

The chances of getting caught are slim though.

BTW What part of web technologies do you aim to learn?

Some people class themselves as web designers and just do the design work, some as web coders doing the code then some as web developers doing all of it
well i am learning html and php and i spoke to hypster and they said it fine on my website cause they gave me the clear for it

Jay.
06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Did you ask all of the song artists too

Richie
06-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Trust me, it really isn't legal unless you have the appropriate licences.

Edit:
Unless the song source is coming directly from hypster, then it's their problem.

Angel1303
07-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Trust me, it really isn't legal unless you have the appropriate licences.

Edit:
Unless the song source is coming directly from hypster, then it's their problem.

yh all the songs came from hypster

Jay.
07-06-2011, 11:06 AM
You're downloading a song then playing it out on public. Therefore, people can just come to your website to listen to songs without paying - Artists don't want that. That's why you need a license to play the music.

"Music licensing is the licensed use of copyrighted music. Music licensing is intended to ensure that the creators of musical works get paid for their work. A purchaser of recorded music owns the media on which the music is stored, not the music itself. A purchaser has limited rights to use and reproduce the recorded work."

peteyt
07-06-2011, 12:59 PM
yh all the songs came from hypster

I don't think that makes any difference. Hypster might have a license to actually play the stuff on their website but if you don't then you can't. They may allow you to stream stuff un-copyrighted or stuff at home that no one will hear but for the public its different.

I used to run an online radios station which should be re-launching with a new name and had to have a license from PPL and PRS to play music.

Angel1303
10-06-2011, 08:27 PM
right i took the hypster out instead i got a youtube playlist in there

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!