PDA

View Full Version : Counter strike: Source??

Thomas
05-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Worth getting?

Paracme
05-06-2011, 05:35 PM
PFFT of course it is.

Accipiter
05-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Hell yeah, love it.

Thomas
05-06-2011, 05:38 PM
PFFT of course it is.

Hell yeah, love it.

Is there online? i'd be getting it for pc (steam)
yep there is, time to go ask my dad :D

Paracme
05-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Yep, it's the best part! I can't even remember if there's a single player.. Steam username?

Accipiter
05-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Theres no single player haha, it's all online lobbies, custom maps are beastly, and zombie maps haha.

Also I recommend you have a look at garys mod, loved that game :D (might be free, not sure)

Thomas
05-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Yep, it's the best part! I can't even remember if there's a single player.. Steam username?
when my dad gets home i'll ask, do you have portal 2 i need to do co-op with someone :)

Paracme
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah man, I'd be up for that. I promised I'd do it with my friend first, but if you're not in a hurry then I'd gladly help.

CLICK (http://steamcommunity.com/id/RobertDonat) < Steam Username

Thomas
05-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah man, I'd be up for that. I promised I'd do it with my friend first, but if you're not in a hurry then I'd gladly help.

CLICK (http://steamcommunity.com/id/RobertDonat) < Steam Username
Im not in a hurry, been waiting a month so i can wait a bit longer :P also added

Chippiewill
05-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Also I recommend you have a look at garys mod, loved that game :D (might be free, not sure)
It's like £5 or something but it's next to nothing when bundled with Counter-Strike. It's a good game with a lot of depth to it (It has gamemodes so it can become pretty much anygame, default gamemode is Sandbox or 'Building' but you can get stuff like Spacebuild, Roleplay, HL2 Campaign maps, deathmatch, stranded, tower defence, sunrise, hoverboarding), really I wish more people played it because it is probably the game with the most re-playability, I've more than 3500 hours playing on it.

Thomas
05-06-2011, 06:04 PM
It's like £5 or something but it's next to nothing when bundled with Counter-Strike. It's a good game with a lot of depth to it (It has gamemodes so it can become pretty much anygame, default gamemode is Sandbox or 'Building' but you can get stuff like Spacebuild, Roleplay, HL2 Campaign maps, deathmatch, stranded, tower defence, sunrise, hoverboarding), really I wish more people played it because it is probably the game with the most re-playability, I've more than 3500 hours playing on it.
Ye, if i buy the counter strike bundle i get garys mod for £1 :P

---------- Post added 05-06-2011 at 07:11 PM ----------

Theres no single player haha, it's all online lobbies, custom maps are beastly, and zombie maps haha.

question about that.... If/when i get this game, i'll be a total noob.. is there anywhere to practise or is it you learn from experience?

Paracme
05-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Added! :D

Accipiter
05-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Have you ever played any games like half life, or DoD?

Similar games with almost exact physics, on some custom maps theres skills such as surfing that take time too master, the rest of it is just aiming and shooting, although being wise is always good as some maps have their hidden secrets :P

Really wish I still had my steam account haha, got banned and now my pc is too **** to even run ms paint :(

And yeah garys mod is great, although the rp'ing usually had ***** in them that would just ruin it haha, but custom building then I think i played one called Death RP that was good

Paracme
05-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah, if you've not played the Half Life series then I wouldn't consider you a gamer. At least a gamer with any taste anyway..

Thomas
05-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Have you ever played any games like half life, or DoD?

Similar games with almost exact physics, on some custom maps theres skills such as surfing that take time too master, the rest of it is just aiming and shooting, although being wise is always good as some maps have their hidden secrets :P

Really wish I still had my steam account haha, got banned and now my pc is too **** to even run ms paint :(

And yeah garys mod is great, although the rp'ing usually had ***** in them that would just ruin it haha, but custom building then I think i played one called Death RP that was good

Yeah, if you've not played the Half Life series then I wouldn't consider you a gamer. At least a gamer with any taste anyway..
Well im just kinda getting into games so this would be my first 'fps' game i have ever played on, kinda sad ik :P

Chippiewill
05-06-2011, 06:46 PM
this would be my first 'fps' game i have ever played on

Valve Complete Collection - I dare you
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7930/

Accipiter
05-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Think I might be on CSS tonight, using my brothers account (since he owes me, seeing as he got mine banned) while he goes out

DoD still makes me **** to this day, I was a sheer hardcore gaming nerd when I was 12 haha, I'd be getting 70 kills to 20 / below deaths and even had my own fave server haha.

Paracme
05-06-2011, 06:48 PM
You won't regret it :P

Accipiter
05-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Add the steam name "Spenty" haha, using my bro's account

Thomas
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Add the steam name "Spenty" haha, using my bro's account
done, asked my dad and he is 'thinking' about it :D

Thomas
06-06-2011, 06:48 PM
downloading now counter strike and garrys mod since the package was save £4 on garrys mod, how could i turn that down?

Stephen
08-06-2011, 01:25 AM
counter-strike is good. I've got almost 900 hours of gameplay on it woo. I never play normal games though because I find they get too repetitive unless you're a full on serious player. I was more into surfing, zombie, gungame etc. Mainly surfing you should try that out it's really fun when you get the hang of it but there's never any good popular surf servers around anymore :( They seem to be all dying out and being replaced by crappy deathmatch surf where people just camp spawn and kill you before you hit a ramp. Well it was like that when I played last :'(

ALSO try minigame servers! they start with mg_ and they're really fun if a server has all the good maps on it.

And gmod is good too. Check out noxiousnet servers the zombie one is the best, it normally only gets full during the night though so. And trouble in terrorist town is a good gamemode too so you should check that out

k I really fancy playing css or gmod now

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!