PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] No Signal on Monitor ???

Calum
05-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Basically today after installing some more RAM into my PC I noticed a burning smell.. Quickly turned of my PC and then removed the RAM and tried booting the PC. Soon as I did that, the moniter turns on, then the pop up on the screen says 'No Signal Found'. I've been all over Google and certain forums to try and fix this, so far I have;

- Moved RAM around the certain spaces
- Reset CMOS on the motherboard
- Changed power supplies
- Removed Graphics card
- Changed DVI Cables
- Changed Monitiors
- Unplugged everything for about 10 mins then re-plugged in
- Removed processor + heatsink and re-installed

The only think I can think of now is that my motherboard is ******.. So if you guys have no idea I guess it's time to waste birtday money on a new motherboard.:@

Recursion
05-06-2011, 08:04 PM
You say you smelt burning... look around your motherboard for capacitors that look like they're bulging, oozing something or leaning over to one side.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleimages/200302/capblown_3.jpg

To be honest, I'd say it was just a coincident and something died, have you got another gfx card you could try?

Calum
05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
No other graphics cards and the capacitors look normal, can't see any bulging nor leaking

Agnostic Bear
05-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Your motherboard is fried, replace it.

Calum
05-06-2011, 08:28 PM
The motherboard still has power though makes me wondering, The main CPU fan works and everything,,

Agnostic Bear
05-06-2011, 08:33 PM

Jack!
05-06-2011, 08:49 PM
So it didn't turn itself off, you noticed the burning smell then cut the power? If it was still working on shutdown/power off, when it was burning, it should be OK, because it didn't blow up or shut itself down?

Agnostic Bear
05-06-2011, 08:55 PM

No need to -rep me over it chuckles, I know about hardware and am giving you good advice. Don't be mad.

Chippiewill
05-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I agree with this. Who cares if the remaining parts work, if your graphics is gone then just replace it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!