PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

Delimed
06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Right, My nanas got old 360 in her house which was my cousins, It stopped working for reasons I do not know, Im gunna try the 'Towel Trick' on it.

One problem:

I dont know what the 'Towel Trick' is and how it works can anyone tell me?

+rep for any useful answers

Matthew
06-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Try googling it or searching on YouTube for it..

Also do you know if you even need to do the towel trick? Are you sure that it will actually fix the problem?

Recursion
06-06-2011, 07:30 PM
It basically heats up the internals of the 360 so much that the solder melts slightly and it fixes any loose connections.

I wouldn't do it personally, you're basically frying the processor and graphics processor and in the long run will do more harm than good.

Jack!
06-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Basically, plug in the power, wrap in in a towel, turn it on for 20mins. My friend did it, it does work, and it fixed his 360.

Paracme
06-06-2011, 08:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31tvXu34T8Q

There we go.

Jay.
06-06-2011, 08:48 PM
It can either make or break the xbox. So make sure you're fine if it makes the problem worse and it's a console you don't care much about losing. You unplug everything from the xbox apart from the power supply and wrap it in a towel. It's best to wrap it in about 4/5 thick towels the thicker it is the faster it'll work. Make sure there isn't a disc in and take out the HDD turn it on and wait about an hour. After that turn it off by the plug wait for it to cool down before touching and once cooled try it :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!