PDA

View Full Version : OS X Lion - Are you getting it?

Thomas
07-06-2011, 06:13 PM
http://images.apple.com/cbx/eu/11/06/3320/v1/uk/i/ttl.jpg
http://images.apple.com/cbx/eu/11/06/3320/v1/uk/i/sh.jpg
http://images.apple.com/cbx/eu/11/06/3320/v1/uk/i/main.jpg

Are you going to get it? I most certainly am :D

Agnostic Bear
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I am not going to purchase this.

Recursion
07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
No. I shall be using Windows 7 instead.

*makes longer*

Jack!
07-06-2011, 09:21 PM

*makes longer*

...longer......

Edited by Recursion (Forum Moderator): Please refrain from pointlessly posting.

Monopoly
07-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah I will be. Looking forward to a lot of the features. Especially all the extra gestures. :)

Mr-Trainor
07-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I won't be, as I currently use Windows 7 and do not own a Mac.

xxMATTGxx
07-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I won't be purchasing Mac OS X Lion. Although, I will be buying the next version of Windows.

GommeInc
07-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Hmm, my next buy in the OS market will probably be Windows 8. Why would I buy a new computer with an OS that's only just caught up with Windows AND Linux respectively? :P

AgnesIO
07-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Most advanced..

Am I wrong in thinking that just last night Apple was boasting how with OSX Lion you could use apps in full screen?

Oh wow, how exciting.

---

Will not be buying it, Windows on the other hand.

Metric1
08-06-2011, 03:24 AM
I'm still using Leopard

iBlueBox
08-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I'll be buying OS X Lion.

-Danube-
08-06-2011, 10:39 AM
I was thinking of doing a clean install on my mac, as i've just got so much crap piled up everywhere and really cba sorting through it all. I'm on snow leopard atm so i may just wait for this to be released and do a clean install using Lion.

HotelUser
08-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I'll be buying it, the feature list looks great :)

*makes longer*

I won't be purchasing Mac OS X Lion. Although, I will be buying the next version of Windows.

If this was a thread about Windows and I brought up not using it and that I was going to use OS X instead both of you would constantly moan at me for an hour. Hypocrites.

GommeInc
08-06-2011, 11:46 AM
If this was a thread about Windows and I brought up not using it and that I was going to use OS X instead both of you would constantly moan at me for an hour. Hypocrites.
Don't blame them for having a sense of humour, the feature list is basically copied from the other two major operating systems anyway with a fruit pasted onto the side :P Also, the way Apple have advertised it is very poor and laughable, and places like Mashable and a few other media sites have picked up on this (as a thread on here, possibly this one, mentions).

I don't think taking the bait is very wise either, because you're acting up they're enjoying it and in a way if you said that they'll just mention the Windows feature list which is probably twice the size of the Mac one :P

xxMATTGxx
08-06-2011, 11:47 AM
I'll be buying it, the feature list looks great :)

Well the thread is asking me if I was getting it, I answered correctly! ;)

HotelUser
08-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Don't blame them for having a sense of humour, the feature list is basically copied from the other two major operating systems anyway with a fruit pasted onto the side :P Also, the way Apple have advertised it is very poor and laughable, and places like Mashable and a few other media sites have picked up on this (as a thread on here, possibly this one, mentions).

I don't think taking the bait is very wise either, because you're acting up they're enjoying it and in a way if you said that they'll just mention the Windows feature list which is probably twice the size of the Mac one :P

I am taking no bait, the amount of times I have wound them up in the past for saying similar things with regards to Windows is comical. I could not let this slide without pointing out them them that they're major hypocrites when it comes to this topic :)

GommeInc
08-06-2011, 02:54 PM
I am taking no bait, the amount of times I have wound them up in the past for saying similar things with regards to Windows is comical. I could not let this slide without pointing out them them that they're major hypocrites when it comes to this topic :)
With regards to the bit in bold, doesn't that make you a hypocrite too? :P

Agnostic Bear
08-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Most of the regular posters in here are hypocrites!

Recursion
08-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Most of the regular posters in here are hypocrites!

No Mac, no hypocrite ;D

HotelUser
08-06-2011, 05:40 PM
No Mac, no hypocrite ;D

Yeah yeah says you on your iPad you big noob

With regards to the bit in bold, doesn't that make you a hypocrite too? :P

For pointing out his hypocrisy? I didn't say I have a problem with it. Therefore no. He and Matt go hysterical whenever I praise Apple where they think I shouldn't and so I have no choice but to cite that they're doing the exact same thing they don't like here. I am the innocent victim to Tom and Matt's wrath here :P

Recursion
08-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah yeah says you on your iPad you big noob

Considering the issues I've had with Apple this year, I won't be buying anything else from them, so no.

HotelUser
08-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Considering the issues I've had with Apple this year, I won't be buying anything else from them, so no.

I will remember this thread the next time something on Windows annoys me and I complain about it and you argue :)

Recursion
08-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I will remember this thread the next time something on Windows annoys me and I complain about it and you argue :)

Difference is, the issues were hardware, not software and the fact that Apple are a self-proclaimed "mobile devices" company just makes it even more ironic. gg.

HotelUser
08-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Difference is, the issues were hardware, not software, so gg.

A software problem is even moreso a problem caused by the manufacture than a hardware problem in many cases. And a problem within a product a company causes is still a problem. Period.

Recursion
08-06-2011, 06:38 PM
A software problem is even moreso a problem caused by the manufacture than a hardware problem in many cases. And a problem within a product a company causes is still a problem. Period.

Could you reword that... I don't know if it's just me but that post didn't make *any* sense.

HotelUser
08-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Could you reword that... I don't know if it's just me but that post didn't make *any* sense.

hardware problem = bad
software problem = bad
either/or = bad & sometimes blamable on the computer manufacture, sometimes not

GommeInc
08-06-2011, 10:16 PM
For pointing out his hypocrisy? I didn't say I have a problem with it. Therefore no. He and Matt go hysterical whenever I praise Apple where they think I shouldn't and so I have no choice but to cite that they're doing the exact same thing they don't like here. I am the innocent victim to Tom and Matt's wrath here :P
Don't play the injured dog with me! You're blatantly the same as them, you love your moaning :P

jackass
08-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Nope. The next OS I will buy will be Windows 8.

HotelUser
09-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Don't play the injured dog with me! You're blatantly the same as them, you love your moaning :P

To be honest I love both and hate both quite frequently. Sometimes something goes wrong on OS X and I will get very angry about it, but then sometimes something goes wrong with Windows and I will get very angry with it. It's only when I mention something negative about Windows that my conversations end in arguments, however.

It's a combination of people assuming because I'm trashing Windows that I hate Microsoft to death, and that I, like Matt and Tom, am very vocal about everything.

Tom and I especially constantly natter away at eachother on MSN - all in good fun really, Tom's great, even though he likes to invade my TeamSpeak server!

Nope. The next OS I will buy will be Windows 8.

I will buy any updates for OS X because I do not plan on selling this iMac anytime soon. However I wont be buying Windows 8. I will be purchasing a Windows 8 tablet for University, however.

Latour
09-06-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm going to, it has a few interesting looking features.

Annoyed that it's download only though...

GommeInc
10-06-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm going to, it has a few interesting looking features.

Annoyed that it's download only though...
Really? I guess they might be pushing through an environmentally friendly approach to obtaining new OS'. If you're on a computer in this day and age you probably have the internet anyway :P Just a bit annoying if you like a hard-backup.

Recursion
10-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Really? I guess they might be pushing through an environmentally friendly approach to obtaining new OS'. If you're on a computer in this day and age you probably have the internet anyway :P Just a bit annoying if you like a hard-backup.

The BETAs were downloads, but you could easily extract the image and burn it to a disk. Wasn't difficult.

Chippiewill
10-06-2011, 12:30 PM
You did that the other day. Which actually makes you 2x hypocrits because you're being a hypocrite complaining about their jokes and being a hypocrite about them being hypocrites. Good job.

AgnesIO
10-06-2011, 12:58 PM

The interesting thing is, the price (according to WWDC) used to be $129.99

So that means Apple being Apple, charged $100 for the disk ;) :L

HotelUser
10-06-2011, 07:08 PM
You did that the other day. Which actually makes you 2x hypocrits because you're being a hypocrite complaining about their jokes and being a hypocrite about them being hypocrites. Good job.

Wrong. Pointing out their own hypocrisy doesn't mean I abide by how they think.

Chippiewill
11-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Wrong. Pointing out their own hypocrisy doesn't mean I abide by how they think.
Sorry was I meant to infer that by pointing out their hypocrisy you were pleased by it?

HotelUser
11-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Sorry was I meant to infer that by pointing out their hypocrisy you were pleased by it?

No. I'll use an easier example.

If Tom was horrible at basketball and said he was horrible at basketball then scored 90 points in a basketball game and played wonderfully he would be a hypocrite in this instance. Just because I point out that he's a hypocrite in this basketball scenario when I too claim to be bad at basketball doesn't make me a hypocrite.

When you call someone a hypocrite you're calling them one on the basis of what they believe. What you believe has nothing to do with it unless you too have contradicted a belief of your own. I was calling Tom a hypocrite because a discussion was formed retaining to Apple updates and right of the bat he said he would be purchasing a Microsoft product, when if this had been a thread about Microsoft and someone made a similar comment about Apple he would have been livid. It is annoying that people find the urge to defend the multinational software corporation of their preference through means of thread invasion but that's not why I took a stance against Tom - I did because he contradicted himself massively. I also pointed it out because I'm friends with him and have frequent discussions about Microsoft and Apple's ongoing affairs in which fanboyism is often brought up :P

user130523
11-06-2011, 03:11 PM
looks great, most defiantly getting it!

hope it comes out near start of july :)

Markeh
11-06-2011, 04:13 PM
I will.

Oh, that purchase price doesn't include the Mac? Never mind.
If I had a Mac though, I'd jump at it.

Pawf
16-06-2011, 11:34 AM
I have Macbook 4,1 so no multitouch gesture pad. I would like to see the mission control added as an update to 10.6 but can't see that happening! It's really the only thing I am interested in GUI wise.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!