PDA

View Full Version : [DEV] Booking System

Fiendly
08-06-2011, 04:53 AM
My school was looking for a developer to create a web-based booking system for the hair and beauty department. They could go professional but students are cheaper :D

Anyways, I know I need to do this in MySQL tied with PHP but are there any tutorials?

At the moment, I don't have what specific requirements are needed, but I would like to get a head start on how I should do things. I might create a splash page but I am unsure.

Any help is appreciated!

LMS16
09-06-2011, 06:40 PM
If you dont know what you're doing, I wouldnt recommend you doing the system...

Lew.

Fiendly
09-06-2011, 10:54 PM

Lew.

I've played around with it for a bit, php form into an sql database then display that on another form.
I'm just asking if there is specific things I should know rather then doing it freely.

Jonster
10-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Lew.

I agree he shouldn't build the final system, but you could at least give some pointers as to how he could build it so that he learns.

redtom
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
If you don't know what your doing you shouldn't do it. Pass it on to someone else before you waste too much time trying to figure out how to do the simplest things.

LMS16
10-06-2011, 05:20 PM
If you don't know what your doing you shouldn't do it. Pass it on to someone else before you waste too much time trying to figure out how to do the simplest things.

Thats how I learned. Im able to make a whole intranet system at work now, very advanced system indeed :)

I doubt a school would use someone who couldnt do the job to a specific standard :P

Lew.

Recursion
11-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Thats how I learned. Im able to make a whole intranet system at work now, very advanced system indeed :)

I doubt a school would use someone who couldnt do the job to a specific standard :P

Lew.

Schools will give students a chance (as a student myself) but on the other hand, schools have to be *so* careful with data protection it's unreal and (from an IT Tech's viewpoint) I'd probably look elsewhere. Although, that doesn't mean that people who code PHP can't help the guy out ;)

LMS16
12-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Schools will give students a chance (as a student myself) but on the other hand, schools have to be *so* careful with data protection it's unreal and (from an IT Tech's viewpoint) I'd probably look elsewhere. Although, that doesn't mean that people who code PHP can't help the guy out ;)

There again, as long as there was a secure login form, thats a bonus. Also using mysql_real_escape_string() on data entered into the database, all should be good baring a few other security measures are in place.

This is abit like myself wanting to make a few job system in c++ or something, I have no clue how to & would have to depend upon tutorials risking security :)

Lew.

Fiendly
18-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Whats the risk for them..
They just want a simple system that just puts entries into a database and displays them.. -_-

Thanks for the help.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!