PDA

View Full Version : Pressure marks on HTC Legend screen

Markeh
10-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Well, I've owned my Legend for 10 months now, and earlier on, I left it to charge. When I came back, it had a pressure mark on the screen

You know when you touch a screen too hard slightly and you can see the digitizer and the LCD press together, and you can see the dots that pick up the touch? or when you look at a touch screen in bright light and see the dots on the digitizer?

Well I've got a dark patch of them, 3cmx0.5cm, smack bang in the middle of the screen

Touch functionality is not affected in any way, shape, or form, I can draw over that area in a drawing app fine. The screen, when on, is lighter in that area slightly when looking dead on. From an angle it's fairly obvious.

Is there anything I can do? I have 2 months left on Vodafone's warranty for it, and HTC support it for another year after that (which lasts me until the contract ends). Will either of them cover it?

Agnostic Bear
10-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I am going to hold my anger at your question here.

Answer: Yes. They both will.

Markeh
10-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Hold your anger? I take care of this phone, it's always in its carry case, it's got a decent screen protector, and I haven't mis-used the phone. This issue just occured today. I don't get why you are angry. It's not like I'm abusing warranty...

Thanks for your answer, regardless. I'll send it in to Vodafone, I know their repair times are usually pretty quick.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!