PDA

View Full Version : Runefest 2011

Aidenn
11-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks to the huge success of last year’s RuneFest, we are proud to announce that we’re back with RuneFest 2011! And in celebration of 10 years of RuneScape, this year's RuneFest will be bigger and better!

RuneFest 2011 will also be held over two days allowing you to completely immerse yourself in the experience and live RuneScape for a whole weekend. And for a truly memorable event, we’ve secured a stunning three floor venue in the heart of London overlooking the River Thames.

Each floor will be themed and feature an array of entertainment guaranteed to satisfy even the most ardent RuneScape fan. There are more new features than you can wave a bronze dagger at as well as some of last year’s favourites: the Insider Sessions and the Golden Gnome Video Awards. The Gaming Area is also back and is bigger and better than ever with events galore, giveaways, more opportunities to play and slay the RuneScape team. This year, we’ve gone all out on some pretty special exclusive content for all RuneFest attendees.
If all of that wasn’t enough, there’s a Halloween after party! Inspired by last year’s late night shenanigans, we’re holding an exclusive after party featuring games, ghouls, live bands, DJs and a special one-off community mash-up among the evening’s entertainment.
With an ever-expanding schedule of fantastic activities and events, you’ll need to keep your ears to the ground and your eyes on www.runefest.com (http://www.runefest.com/) to stay up to date with the latest announcements. You can also register for emails updates to get all the RuneFest news sent directly to your inbox!

RuneFest 2011 will take place over the weekend of Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th October 2011 at Old Billingsgate, Central London, UK. Tickets go on sale from Monday June 27 2011 and are £59 for a one-day pass, and £99 for the weekend.

The Halloween after party costs £49 and is open exclusively to RuneFest attendees. Tickets are limited so if you want to be there, you’ll need to get in quick!
If you’re looking for the ultimate experience and don’t want to miss a moment of RuneFest then there are a number of VIP tickets available. VIP tickets give you a truly individual weekend with priority seating for all presentations, private insider sessions with senior developers, signed concept art and a private J-Mod staffed area with your own VIP bar. You get all that, guaranteed access to the Halloween after party plus a few surprises we’re still keeping under our hats for now for £179.
We will be unveiling lots of exciting features over the coming weeks before tickets go on sale and will be announcing the first competition – the Golden Gnome Video Awards – next week, including news about this year’s categories and some very exciting prizes. In the meantime, you can start planning your RuneFest on the dedicated forums (http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?235,236).
See you there!

The RuneFest Team

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/runefest-2011-is-on

Did anyone actually go to Runefest last year? i didn't but i snook around on fb and the pictures made it look fun.

Thomas
11-06-2011, 11:39 AM
i think im too young? Also i'd rather go to a theme park with that money lol

Aidenn
11-06-2011, 11:47 AM
If you’re looking for the ultimate experience and don’t want to miss a moment of RuneFest then there are a number of VIP tickets available. VIP tickets give you a truly individual weekend with priority seating for all presentations, private insider sessions with senior developers, signed concept art and a private J-Mod staffed area with your own VIP bar. You get all that, guaranteed access to the Halloween after party plus a few surprises we’re still keeping under our hats for now for £179.

I'd rather get pissed despite this bit caught my eye, due to the fact it said own VIP Bar.
But then again im guessing there would be limited amounts of alcohol, i couldnt care less about the senior devs + concept art (which i do love admittedly)

Kyle
11-06-2011, 12:00 PM
from some of the picks it looks like even people like 40+ went last year lmao. Is anyone actually planning on going?

Aidenn
11-06-2011, 12:08 PM
from some of the picks it looks like even people like 40+ went last year lmao. Is anyone actually planning on going?

I would of gone just to be a rebel (believe me i am pro rebel even ask the mod dept!!!!!)
But since its in london, srsly cba

Kyle
11-06-2011, 12:09 PM
i will come with u =) i heard that a lot of the people that went got pmod status after :p

Oleh
11-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Damn, if I was 18 I'd go. I'd love to go to this cool as luke event

Aidenn
11-06-2011, 12:16 PM
i will come with u =) i heard that a lot of the people that went got pmod status after :p

Pack ya bag fellas! theres a new sheriff, pmod in town!

Rashelly
11-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I wanted to go last year but by the time I found out about it, it was too late to get tickets. I'm not sure if I can afford to go this year thanks to my student loan being spent on... well, crap and a holiday coming up, but if I can find somewhere cheap to stay and/or get a summer job I might go.

Conventions and events like this are usually fun. I've been to a few non-gaming ones and renascence fairs and such. I went to a Lord of the Rings one a few weeks ago and flirted with Gandalf :D

EDIT: If anyone from Habbox IS going, perhaps you should go together and share a hotel room. It'd be cheaper. It's expected to sell out within a few days so I might just buy a ticket just in case... and If I can't go, just sell it

Stephen
11-06-2011, 04:39 PM
YAY HXF RUNESCAPE MEETUP

and we even get to sleep together? :O

Rashelly
11-06-2011, 04:43 PM
YAY HXF RUNESCAPE MEETUP

and we even get to sleep together? :O

Don't make it sound rude! but yeah, hotels in london (especially where that venue is) are not cheap! 2-4 people in a room (2 single beds and 2 on the floor/sofa) could save a lot of money!

Although you probably wont sleep much anyway

Aidenn
11-06-2011, 04:47 PM
K if we are getting a room together i has a rule;

Girls Only ;)
Ik what creeps you boys are, youll probs try sumet.

Sounds like a good idea tho Pie, buying the ticket and then waiting etc, tickets will go up closer to the time aswell.

Stephen
11-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Girls only? Don't you wanna have runescape themed willy sword fights and stuff like real men do?

I'd go but I got no money. I'd go even more if we all just got pissed

Calvin
11-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I'll be there in my golden armour and equipped sword.

Does anyone want to trade runescape GP for cash while we're there??

Stephen
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm surprised they dont have something in the faq saying

"Can I buy a ticket with rsgp?"

ahhaha

infatuation
12-06-2011, 03:06 AM
I'd consider it..if I wasn't Canadian. Oh well.

MJJ
12-06-2011, 04:06 AM
I saw some pictures and videos of last years event, looked like alot of fun. Looks like this years is going to be on an even larger scale - have fun everyone whose going. Unfortunately I'll be too busy preparing for university interviews etc to be able to go.

IceNineKills
13-06-2011, 11:11 AM
£179 for vip, £20 for travel, £199 to go to an event, no thanks.

DPS
13-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Blizzcon rip imo lol

Cerys
13-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I'll come with you all, but I wouldn't want to share a room with Stephen... it would get too freaky. :P

Rashelly
13-06-2011, 07:11 PM
£179 for vip, £20 for travel, £199 to go to an event, no thanks.
Don't forget the hotel. That's about £75 per night. but £99 for standard is pretty good for a convention.

Blizzcon rip imo lol
Not really though.

I probably wont end up going, even though I kind of want to. Going to Disneyland for a week in November and the exchange rate is terrible so I need more money than I thought for that :(

Jay.
18-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm going :)

Rashelly
18-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Idina Menzel is playing at the Royal Albert Hall in October... That trumps Runefest... So I've gone from 90% chance of not going to 100% not going.

Idina Menzel = better than everything.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!