PDA

View Full Version : Things about gaming and the lazydevs that get on your nerves

Firehorse
11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
I think the biggest one for me is when you pirate a game it seems to work, but many games I buy even from the Steam store come with so many problems. Ubisoft is the biggest culprit when it comes to this for sure :/

<rant>

For one I bought shaun white snowboarding shortly after release for the full price, then it stops working after about a month of usage. If I pirate this game it would still work today but the steam version always mucked up, wasn't supported by ubisoft and steam refuses to refund a faulty product. Once they noticed people were having problems instead of working with Ubisoft to fix the problems or reimburse people they simply removed it from the store.

I recently purchased Far Cry 2 when it was on sale for a fiver. Started up fine, put the settings up and switched from DX9 to DX10, and now it refuses to start whatsoever :S Whats worse is the option to change back to DX9 is in the game itself so my only option now is to download 7gigs again.

Ubisoft need to up their game :/ all their pc games feel like cheap uncaring ports from console, just small patches to make a game compatible with the latest version of windows would be the least they could do.

</rant>

So what gets on your nerves about gaming and the lazydevs?

dbgtz
11-06-2011, 03:14 PM
mw2 map packs
nuff said

Recursion
11-06-2011, 05:47 PM
DLC on release. URGH THEY COULD INCLUDE IT IN THE GOD DAMN GAME, MONEY GRABBNG ERIOFHEUIHERUIEW

Also Devs who think they can use old tech and repackage it as a brand new game :rolleyes:

Oh also, games that use Windows Live.

Fez
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
"Cinematic gameplay" does not exist and is a stupid, stupid excuse for cut-scenes and exposition shoved in through non-interactive play. Duke Nukem Forever does this horribly, Uncharted does it rightly - exposition during gameplay and cut-scenes done where gameplay can't get across a message.

---------- Post added 11-06-2011 at 08:36 PM ----------

DLC on release. URGH THEY COULD INCLUDE IT IN THE GOD DAMN GAME, MONEY GRABBNG ERIOFHEUIHERUIEW

My only retort to that is that if it isn't free then, yeah, it's completely wrong. If it is free then that's fine because games nowadays are finished 1-2 months in advance so devs usually carry on with DLC and finish portions of it up for release.

dbgtz
11-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Remasters. I hate them. Not because I don't want to play half of them, but it just shows how lazy a publisher is that they just shove out the same game but with slightly better graphics out.

Also I hate how sony basically sold out on the PSP by putting it's decent exclusive games on PS3, although having said both of these points I will be picking up the MGS collection which has both remakes and a PSP game lol. But it's mostly principals as I would have eventually finished peacewalker on psp and MGS3 on PS2 and eventualy bought MGS2. I think what annoys me most about it is the fact that they were only out last gen/on a portable console. I would have preferred metal gear 1 and 2 remade for 3D (don't even mind if its MGS1 quality 3D cos that was legendary but ****** still, infact why didnt they include MGS1 ffs?). Basically I'd rather they made games for people who can't really experience them now at all due to how old the games are. MGS1 can be bought in the PS store I suppose (which I did) but it would be nice to see it in better quality, even if the gamecube one is just shoved on the disc.

GommeInc
11-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Electronic Arts are a good example of an organisation which can get on anyones nerves :P Never before have I seen an expansion pack become Limited Edition, the logic behind makes no sense when an Expansion Pack is, in a sense, exclusive to people who have already bought into a game/franchise. Also, EA have no idea how to patch games. If any of you play The Sims 3 then you will know exactly what I mean - they've still got to fix bugs dating back to their first Expansion Pack :P

Chippiewill
11-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Recently bought Mafia 1, crashes on start. :/

Recursion
11-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Recently bought Mafia 1, crashes on start. :/

I wouldn't recommend Mafia 2.

samsaBEAR
11-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Also I hate how sony basically sold out on the PSP by putting it's decent exclusive games on PS3, although having said both of these points I will be picking up the MGS collection which has both remakes and a PSP game lol. But it's mostly principals as I would have eventually finished peacewalker on psp and MGS3 on PS2 and eventualy bought MGS2. I think what annoys me most about it is the fact that they were only out last gen/on a portable console. I would have preferred metal gear 1 and 2 remade for 3D (don't even mind if its MGS1 quality 3D cos that was legendary but ****** still, infact why didnt they include MGS1 ffs?). Basically I'd rather they made games for people who can't really experience them now at all due to how old the games are. MGS1 can be bought in the PS store I suppose (which I did) but it would be nice to see it in better quality, even if the gamecube one is just shoved on the disc.

I am beyond stoked for the MGS collection, MGS 2 is my favourite game ever, 3 was brilliant and I've never played Peace Walker. Is that the one with like playing cards or something?

For me, the worst part about lazy devs is lack of post-release support, for example every COD game (although Black Ops was a little bit better). I mean look at COD 4 and WAW, hacked to absolute ****, I know obviously there are two newer CODs, but that doesn't mean devs should abandon old games.
I think Bungie, Epic and DICE are the best for post-release support, if every game were made by them, gaming would be so much more relaxing

dbgtz
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
I am beyond stoked for the MGS collection, MGS 2 is my favourite game ever, 3 was brilliant and I've never played Peace Walker. Is that the one with like playing cards or something?

For me, the worst part about lazy devs is lack of post-release support, for example every COD game (although Black Ops was a little bit better). I mean look at COD 4 and WAW, hacked to absolute ****, I know obviously there are two newer CODs, but that doesn't mean devs should abandon old games.
I think Bungie, Epic and DICE are the best for post-release support, if every game were made by them, gaming would be so much more relaxing

Polyphony digital have done outstanding support for GT5.

Anyway I want it too because I don't like using the PSP for peacewalker and i cba to set my ps2 up for mgs3, and I dont have mgs2. I'm just saying it's a pretty lazy way to make money, although they are discounted though which makes it a little better.

samsaBEAR
12-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Polyphony digital have done outstanding support for GT5.

Anyway I want it too because I don't like using the PSP for peacewalker and i cba to set my ps2 up for mgs3, and I dont have mgs2. I'm just saying it's a pretty lazy way to make money, although they are discounted though which makes it a little better.

I would agree with you, but I'm just so happy that they're remaking them in HD, MGS2+3 looked amazing on the PS2, let alone in HD. I also guess it's because of the 360 exclusive that's coming out next year

dbgtz
12-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I would agree with you, but I'm just so happy that they're remaking them in HD, MGS2+3 looked amazing on the PS2, let alone in HD. I also guess it's because of the 360 exclusive that's coming out next year

360 exclusive?

samsaBEAR
13-06-2011, 12:56 AM
360 exclusive?
No sorry, I thought MGS:Rising was a 360 exclusive, my bad

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!