PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a name~?

Delimed
11-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I just got a few ~ More to come

Pabbo
Dabbo
Stabbo
PomPomBears
Puree
Life-Boad
BookStand
Mug-A-Gran
Lava-Lamp
Book-Stand

Post if you want any

dbgtz
11-06-2011, 09:57 PM
dbgtz is better than all of those

Nick
11-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I just got one called , MyFaceBook , lol

Jssy
12-06-2011, 12:18 AM
no thanks

Michael
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
nah ill keep to Michaels

AgnesIO
12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Not sure, but isn't trading habbo accounts against the rules? It is a nice gesture if not though :)

Catzsy
12-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Not sure, but isn't trading habbo accounts against the rules? It is a nice gesture if not though :)

It is fine within the first 24hours of getting a name registered.

AgnesIO
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Ah fair enough :)

Not sure why anyone would want to take a habbo account off someone though - seems a bit dodgy imo haha

Catzsy
12-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Ah fair enough :)

Not sure why anyone would want to take a habbo account off someone though - seems a bit dodgy imo haha

It's just to do with all the new names on their mass name account delete. Has been done quite a lot in the last couple of months.

AgnesIO
12-06-2011, 10:49 AM
It's just to do with all the new names on their mass name account delete. Has been done quite a lot in the last couple of months.

Fair point, not sure if it still works like this, but it used to be easy to revert an account you gave to someone - wouldn't this still be a risk - or have they got something in place for that?

Catzsy
12-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Fair point, not sure if it still works like this, but it used to be easy to revert an account you gave to someone - wouldn't this still be a risk - or have they got something in place for that?

Tbh I am not sure but I know it was gone into by management pretty seriously and seems to be working just fine.
I haven't seen a complaint about it on here at all. I think it could be done by just registering the name but not verying an email?

AgnesIO
12-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Tbh I am not sure but I know it was gone into by management pretty seriously and seems to be working just fine.
I haven't seen a complaint about it on here at all. I think it could be done by just registering the name but not verying an email?

Hmm fair enough - not sure I would get involved in it myself though :)

wiktoria
12-06-2011, 11:06 AM
no its ok my name is rare anyway Wikiii m8

scott
12-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Hmm fair enough - not sure I would get involved in it myself though :)

It's because when you first register an account you get the first 24 hours (or is it the first few days?) to change the username. Basically what happens is say I had the name David and I wanted to give it to hoteluser I would change the account name David I have to say david12304 and then Hoteluser would be able to register the name David :P There isn't actually any 'trade' going on just changing the name of your current account and then registering another one

AgnesIO
12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
It's because when you first register an account you get the first 24 hours (or is it the first few days?) to change the username. Basically what happens is say I had the name David and I wanted to give it to hoteluser I would change the account name David I have to say david12304 and then Hoteluser would be able to register the name David :P There isn't actually any 'trade' going on just changing the name of your current account and then registering another one

OH I GET IT!

It all makes sense now :L

-Danube-
13-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Oh i didn't know this, so it's kinda like the other person 'reserves' the name for you. But there is a time limit between when you can do as Habbo only allows you to change names in the first couple of days.

Nice idea! Learn something new everyday.

Obviously account selling when you had account for years (or anything after this time period to change the name on your habbo account), is against the Habbo way?

karter
13-06-2011, 07:24 AM
I have Pop and Google. I need nothing else :)

Paracme
13-06-2011, 09:47 AM
They had a mass account delete? I never even realised. I should have stole a few names.

Pass
13-06-2011, 10:27 AM
you're allowed to change the name of newly registered accounts for the first 7 days, just saying!

Matthew
14-06-2011, 08:58 PM
None of those names are very good, but thanks for the generosity I guess!

Samantha
14-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Puree is a rather nice name tbh.

Kasabian
14-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Kasabian > all

Narnat,
20-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Nice thought but I think i'll keep mine.

e5
20-06-2011, 10:01 PM
What difference does it make to habbo if it's 24 hours or not? :P

AgnesIO
20-06-2011, 10:07 PM
What difference does it make to habbo if it's 24 hours or not? :P

The user with the name changes their username, so you never swap accounts. You just swap usernames - but this cannot be done after a certain amount of time. That is the understanding I have received.

Samantha
20-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah, after 7 days you cannot change the name anymore as it will be confirmed.

e5
20-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Still don't fully understand that haha.

The user with the name changes their username, so you never swap accounts. You just swap usernames - but this cannot be done after a certain amount of time. That is the understanding I have received.

AgnesIO
21-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Still don't fully understand that haha.

Will try and make it more simple :)

1 is me, 2 is you

1) made a range of accounts with nice names - one of which is Markets
2) you quite like the name Markets - and ask to have the name.
1) change my account name to blahblahblah - as it is not seven days old.
2) then make an account called "Markets" - as I have just changed my username from Markets to blahblahblah

So basically, I have made account names, without you searching for a good name. If you want it, I. Talk to you, and tell you exactly when I change my account name from Markets to blahblahblah (I can do this because the account is not seven days old). You can now use the name Markets - as I reserved it for you (effectively).

I believe this is how it works. So no one actually swaps accounts - just the names.

e5
22-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Ahh awesome! Thank you my friend +rep :)
Will try and make it more simple :)

1 is me, 2 is you

1) made a range of accounts with nice names - one of which is Markets
2) you quite like the name Markets - and ask to have the name.
1) change my account name to blahblahblah - as it is not seven days old.
2) then make an account called "Markets" - as I have just changed my username from Markets to blahblahblah

So basically, I have made account names, without you searching for a good name. If you want it, I. Talk to you, and tell you exactly when I change my account name from Markets to blahblahblah (I can do this because the account is not seven days old). You can now use the name Markets - as I reserved it for you (effectively).

I believe this is how it works. So no one actually swaps accounts - just the names.

DPS
22-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Nice thing to do but the Habbo names aint all that, im sure people would keep theres, and i didnt know this was allowed tbh lol. mentioning giving someone a habbo account on Habbo = Ban as ive seen people do it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!