PDA

View Full Version : iphone 4's

IceNineKills
13-06-2011, 12:15 PM
i just bought one but i aint got a clue to to set the thing up, ive added all my contacts to the micro simcard and registered it on itunes etc but i cant call anyone, noone of my contact are on my phone and i just aint got a clue how to set the damn thing up.

someone help me please?

AgnesIO
13-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Sadly, I can't help you directly (being an Android user) and this may sound seriously stupid - but have you checked in a manual for help? Since if you are like me, you don't check the manual :P

Deak
13-06-2011, 04:56 PM
iPhones dont come with a manual ... have you synced your phone to itunes and registered your credit card (which they ask you to do just in case you decide to buy something from the app store) ...

If that doesnt work then i would try looking for some videos on YouTube as there will be loads on there giving you tips on what to do.

AgnesIO
13-06-2011, 05:47 PM
iPhones dont come with a manual ... have you synced your phone to itunes and registered your credit card (which they ask you to do just in case you decide to buy something from the app store) ...

If that doesnt work then i would try looking for some videos on YouTube as there will be loads on there giving you tips on what to do.

No manual? Really? :P

Deak
13-06-2011, 06:42 PM
No manual? Really? :P

Yup, they expect you to find stuff out from the net or for yourself!

AgnesIO
13-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Yup, they expect you to find stuff out from the net or for yourself!

I guess being Apple they consider a manual a serious luxury which not even Apple product owners deserve!

Nemo
13-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Set it up....what? Ive got one and i dont remember there being any setup, and if there was then it was so painfully simple that i actually dont remember what i did. Just think of what would be obvious

Johno
13-06-2011, 07:04 PM
If the contacts are on the SIM, you should be able to get the contacts from it by going to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Import SIM Contacts.

You get a "Finger Tips" guide with the phone, but no sort of manual.

Recursion
14-06-2011, 06:48 AM
You also plug it into iTunes and have to run through the activation wizard but apart from that... no setup :S

danzooo
14-06-2011, 12:22 PM
You also plug it into iTunes and have to run through the activation wizard but apart from that... no setup :S

This... phone doesn't let you do anything unless you've activated it through iTunes... are you sure your sim is registered (should have your network operator up the top, if not it will either say "No Service" or "No SIM" if it can't find it)

Jake
14-06-2011, 12:34 PM
If its brand new & on contract it sometimes takes up to 24 hours to activate your sim through the network, did for me with orange

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!