PDA

View Full Version : Lulz Security on a hacking spree today

Firehorse
14-06-2011, 06:14 PM
First they took down EVE Online, and the website along with it. Then they went for a few others people had been requesting including a security site finfisher.com. Now they've taken down the minecraft login server.
(edit: add escapist magazine to that list) These sites are all offline as of the time of this being posted.

These guys are literally just taking requests of what to attack next :O They even have a hotline for requests.
Seems like they've named this Titanic Takeover Tuesday...

Fun to take down stuff, but attacking companies that haven't even upset anyone is bad taste.
*******s imo.

http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec is their twitter

Stephen
14-06-2011, 06:23 PM
I love notch

http://grab.by/am1N

Chippiewill
14-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I love it when 14 year old boys who are bored of ************ decide to ruin my playtime.

Nemo
14-06-2011, 06:34 PM
I love notch

http://grab.by/am1Nahahahahahaha. Love notch.

Also, this is *REMOVED* (and hilarious). Im starting to like these guys.

Edited by Recursion (Forum Moderator): Please don't link directly to that sort of content, but feel free to link to that particular site

wixard
14-06-2011, 06:37 PM
ugh they must be hideously ugly
i dread to think what they look like

David
14-06-2011, 06:37 PM
These guys are pro, I'm laughing at their twitter feed lol.

If you're mad about Minecraft, we'd love to laugh at you over the phone. Call 614-LULZSEC for your chance to reach Pierre Dubois! :3

lawrawrrr
14-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Funny for those of us who don't use the websites they're hacking ;D

Recursion
14-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Hacking != DDoSing.

wixard
14-06-2011, 06:45 PM
THEY ARE TAKING DOWN HXF RIGHT NOW

Chippiewill
14-06-2011, 06:46 PM

That's what I was thinking..

Firehorse
14-06-2011, 06:46 PM

Well in that case hxf must be under attack 24/7 with the state of the uptime.

David
14-06-2011, 06:47 PM
everyones asking on twitter to have WoW and mafia wars to be attacked :L

Nemo
14-06-2011, 06:52 PM
everyones asking on twitter to have WoW and mafia wars to be attacked :L
Will be interesting to see if they can actually take down WoW or not. I guess if they can't, they'll probably just ignore the requests

David
14-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Will be interesting to see if they can actually take down WoW or not. I guess if they can't, they'll probably just ignore the requests

If they got everyone lagged off the servers, the mass-login would help they're attack lol.
I'm waiting to see if they can take on Microsoft.

Chippiewill
14-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Interesting if they took down battle net 2.0 at the same time... ;p

Nemo
14-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Interesting if they took down battle net 2.0 at the same time... ;p
I will destroy them if they take down battle.net

Stephen
14-06-2011, 07:03 PM
let's all tweet to them saying habboxforum.com :L

David
14-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I will destroy them if they take down battle.net

battle.net was suggested like 20 minutes ago by someone :L!
If they take it out.. My God think of the world-wide nerd rage :|

Jack!
14-06-2011, 07:33 PM
LulzSec The Lulz Boat
We're eying up the next target... laying off Minecraft, so go play that. Preparing a cannon attack on our main artillery shells!
2 minutes ago

uh oh.....

Nemo
14-06-2011, 07:35 PM
uh oh.....
It's code for...something. Cannons are in starcraft 2, could relate to battle net.

I SURE HOPE NOT D:

Jack!
14-06-2011, 07:39 PM
It's code for...something. Cannons are in starcraft 2, could relate to battle net.

I SURE HOPE NOT D:

They always mention cannons, I doubt that they will target them.

---------- Post added 14-06-2011 at 08:42 PM ----------

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
League of Legends login servers down. :D
1 minute ago

LMAO! Unexpected.

Nemo
14-06-2011, 07:43 PM
They always mention cannons, I doubt that they will target them.

---------- Post added 14-06-2011 at 08:42 PM ----------

LMAO! Unexpected.
I dare say im getting paranoid

hahahahaha LoL, i hate LoL

Mathew
14-06-2011, 07:59 PM
lol, all the Minecraft addicts of HxF are gonna be pretty P/O'ed.

Stephen
14-06-2011, 08:04 PM

bit late

David
14-06-2011, 08:32 PM

Minecraft was let up, they targetted Leage of Legends (I think?) after that and then they finished up for the day.
They called it #TitanicTuesdayTakeover

Mathew
14-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Minecraft was let up, they targetted Leage of Legends (I think?) after that and then they finished up for the day.
They called it #TitanicTuesdayTakeover
oooooh. never heard of League of Legends.. :(

Stephen
14-06-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2

ahahahahhahaha look at them all

David
14-06-2011, 08:40 PM
oooooh. never heard of League of Legends.. :(

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
And that concludes our DDoS party: Escapist Magazine, Eve Online, Minecraft, League of Legends + 8 phone requests. #TitanicTakeoverTuesday
51 minutes ago

Quote from their Twitter Feed

GommeInc
15-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Aww, bless 'em - not sure what else to say other than that < It is rather adorable in a patronising sort of way. I don't get the mentality of these people. Ripped from the womb to early.

Agnostic Bear
15-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Welp, they got into the senate.gov server(s). Guess some of those chums are due a short vacation at Guantanamo.

Flisker
15-06-2011, 02:58 PM

They could probably take down the WoW Login servers since they seem to take themselves down a lot of the time lol.

Stephen
15-06-2011, 03:03 PM
They aren't some hardcore criminals, at the moment they hide behind computers doing this but I wonder how much crap would come out of their arses when they do get caught?

Recursion
15-06-2011, 03:11 PM
They aren't some hardcore criminals, at the moment they hide behind computers doing this but I wonder how much crap would come out of their arses when they do get caught?

They got into Senate.gov's servers, I doubt they'll be around for too long.

Firehorse
15-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Looks like this guy is getting some attention for claiming to be part of lulzsec, true or not I don't know.

http://twitter.com/#!/williampd

his address got posted a lot on 4chan too with people saying it was him which is probably what started it.

ben
15-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Heroes of Newerth master login server is down. They need some treatment. Also, DotA is better.

zzzzzzzzzz

Stephen
15-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Think eve is gonna get hit again because it's almost EVEning

RockyHorror
15-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Think eve is gonna get hit again because it's almost EVEning

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk275/richwell888/fry-see-what-you-did-there-scaled.jpg

The thing about all this is, people like bandwagon's so they will take down sites and claim to be Lulz, you never know what's what.

Stephen
15-06-2011, 05:03 PM
they said the EVEning thing on their twitter :P

magnets.com is down cos they didn't tell them how magnets work..............

why do they want to get caught so bad :S

tylermunjkt
15-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Are they putting viruses on the sites?

---------- Post added 15-06-2011 at 06:08 PM ----------

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
Everyone call 614-LULZSEC for a fun surprise.
2 minutes ago

Whats the surpriseeeee? lmao

Stephen
15-06-2011, 05:13 PM
guys dont ever phone that number lol

"The magnets.com customer support center is going insane... can you hear all those phones ringing at once? Why is that happening? *trollface*"

they must be forwarding everyone's calls to magnet.com support center number

tylermunjkt
15-06-2011, 05:18 PM
LulzSec The Lulz Boat
magnets.com representative just confirmed 200+ calls a minute to their customer support. Who's next for phone forwarding? >:] Hmm...

Aree they srs? People are saying go for harder things. Don't think they will...

Stephen
15-06-2011, 05:20 PM
"Redirecting our number to World of Warcraft customer support."

ahahahhaha

tylermunjkt
15-06-2011, 05:20 PM
LulzSec The Lulz Boat
Redirecting our number to World of Warcraft customer support.
2 minutes ago

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
614-LULZSEC or 732-993-7703 | You can create insane lulz by calling these numbers, wanna join in the phone DSoS?

holy **** O:

---------- Post added 15-06-2011 at 06:28 PM ----------

They haven't posted anything else... YET.

---------- Post added 15-06-2011 at 06:30 PM ----------

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
Our number literally has anywhere between 5-20 people ringing it every single second. We can forward it anywhere in the world. Suggestions?
2 minutes ago

Newest post.

Stephen
15-06-2011, 05:37 PM
ohhhhhhh dear they just forwarded the calls to the fbi lmao

ben
15-06-2011, 05:40 PM
i think anyone who looks at their twitter can see what they post tylermunjkt

sophiethenerd
15-06-2011, 05:41 PM
ohhhhhhh dear they just forwarded the calls to the fbi lmao

Oh god. I do not think the fbi will be very amused.

Mathew
15-06-2011, 05:51 PM
lol, they're gonna be caught in no time at this rate and it's gonna make the headlines. I wonder if this is considered to be a "large" scale attack in comparison to those like Governments are always talking about.

Stephen
15-06-2011, 05:55 PM
but why would they do this? Why do they want to get caught unless they've got a plan or something :S IT SEEMS STRANGE...

Mathew
15-06-2011, 05:57 PM
i wonder how long it will be until some moron starts preaching about it being an inside job by the US Government.. :rolleyes:

David
15-06-2011, 08:11 PM
*May Contain Inappropriate Content*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3doUCaaUp5k

Stephen
15-06-2011, 09:44 PM
"Everyone please keep looking at @Quadrapodacone for he, being high and mighty, can no doubt take down any website in existence. Waiting."

Just me or are lulzsec getting trolled by this (http://twitter.com/Quadrapodacone) guy? lmao

they just took cia.gov down :O

Firehorse
15-06-2011, 10:19 PM
they just took cia.gov down :O

they're treading deep water now, not long before the tsunami hits them for sure.

RyRy
15-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Lol irl at these guys, I've been keeping track of em since the Sony breach & they're pretty funny. By the sounds of things, it's actually the media that caused all this. LulzSec doesn't claim to be run by one person, it's based on anonymity, legion, in short people who want to get involved check their Twitter, and boom there's a personal army employed by media attention waiting to DDOS any site they're pointed towards.

In short, if the media report it they're drawing attention to it & thus more people will join in the DDOSing. Wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't stop for a while, nor would I be surprised if they catch a few of them because they'll never catch the majority.

rld
16-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Anonymous is believed to have been started through /b/ (4chan for those who dont know what /b/ is) and they made a tweet mentioning /b/ and i have a feeling this isnt one person, its a bunch of guys from /b/ having some fun, it may have some relation to anon/

Lol irl at these guys, I've been keeping track of em since the Sony breach & they're pretty funny. By the sounds of things, it's actually the media that caused all this. LulzSec doesn't claim to be run by one person, it's based on anonymity, legion, in short people who want to get involved check their Twitter, and boom there's a personal army employed by media attention waiting to DDOS any site they're pointed towards.

In short, if the media report it they're drawing attention to it & thus more people will join in the DDOSing. Wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't stop for a while, nor would I be surprised if they catch a few of them because they'll never catch the majority.

ben
16-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Anonymous is believed to have been started through /b/ (4chan for those who dont know what /b/ is) and they made a tweet mentioning /b/ and i have a feeling this isnt one person, its a bunch of guys from /b/ having some fun, it may have some relation to anon/

no .

Stephen
16-06-2011, 12:16 PM
am i nice going through all the passwords they gave out and if i get a facebook account i leave them a lil status message saying change your password asap :(

RockyHorror
16-06-2011, 12:21 PM
am i nice going through all the passwords they gave out and if i get a facebook account i leave them a lil status message saying change your password asap :(

You just have too much time on your hands Stephen haha. White knighting it

Kasabian
16-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Hero. hahahaha.

Nemo
16-06-2011, 12:24 PM
I was doubtful of downloading it since it seemed kinda dodge (yknow, coz of who they are n that), but had to check if i was in there. Phew.

RockyHorror
16-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Out of preference I wouldn't download anything from them, especially with the method they are using to attack. (Using a vast number of PC's that were harvested from chan) If they wanted to just post data, they could of used pastebin, like they have done for other stuff.

Neversoft
16-06-2011, 12:41 PM
"Everyone please keep looking at @Quadrapodacone for he, being high and mighty, can no doubt take down any website in existence. Waiting."

Just me or are lulzsec getting trolled by this (http://twitter.com/Quadrapodacone) guy? lmao

Celexi
@Quadrapodacone I believe you have a few thousand people waiting for you to take down something.

Quadrapodacone
@Celexi I took down that justin bieber poster in my room if that counts, i think i'll put it up again over my bed to remind me of lulzsec

rofl.

Nemo
16-06-2011, 03:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udcnlLXUh8E

love it

Kasabian
16-06-2011, 04:01 PM
LMAO that video is awesome.

trollface.jpg

David
17-06-2011, 12:01 AM
They've released a notepad with over 62,000 emails with paypal

Chippiewill
17-06-2011, 05:54 AM
This is actually really frustrating since this'll ruin the reputation of anonymous since media will no doubt confuse them.

Actually kinda funny with the whole calling thing though.

RockyHorror
17-06-2011, 07:10 AM
This is actually really frustrating since this'll ruin the reputation of anonymous since media will no doubt confuse them.

When did anonymous ever have a good reputation?

Wig44.
19-06-2011, 04:17 PM

OH NO ANONYMOUS' REPUTATION WHAT WILL WE EVER DO? Who really cares about those asshats? They claim to be hacktivists but they - if you can call a scant group of poorly connected teenagers a collective - achieve nothing at the end of the day, at least lulzsec admit they are hacking for lulz instead of using some bullturd cover like anon.

DPS
20-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Dont think you lot should be calling it Hacking, It's DDoSing lol.... doesnt take much to DDoS a website....

AgnesIO
20-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Dont think you lot should be calling it Hacking, It's DDoSing lol.... doesnt take much to DDoS a website....

They are known as hacking groups :rolleyes:

Why not go and write to the BBC and tell them not to call them hackers lol

DPS
20-06-2011, 10:39 AM
The BBC know nothing, Most hacking groups just make you think they can hack but cant actully do it.

Fact is you make anyone think something, even if it isnt true.

AgnesIO
20-06-2011, 10:43 AM
The BBC know nothing, Most hacking groups just make you think they can hack but cant actully do it.

Fact is you make anyone think something, even if it isnt true.

Dont think you lot should be calling it Hacking, It's DDoSing lol

Don't get me wrong, I know it isn't really hacking. But the above quote indicated to me that you are saying we are the only people referring to it as hacking.

Also bigshot, go and DDoS ClubHabbo or something

Edited by Catz (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not encourage illegal activity.

DPS
20-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Why would i want to DDoS ClubHabbo?

Already hacked ClubHabboForum, Had control of it for over 2 months... plain text shelling works wonders.

Didnt say im a bigshot, clearly giving my IMO.

I just dont like internet hackers, that claim hacks so it's like on the news and ****. Hackers dont wanna be known.

So people like them are just glory hunters, only good thing they have done is hack PSN 5 times? lol

AgnesIO
20-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Why would i want to DDoS ClubHabbo?

Already hacked ClubHabboForum, Had control of it for over 2 months... plain text shelling works wonders.

Didnt say im a bigshot, clearly giving my IMO.

I just dont like internet hackers, that claim hacks so it's like on the news and ****. Hackers dont wanna be known.

So people like them are just glory hunters, only good thing they have done is hack PSN 5 times? lol

I thought they didn't know how to hack :S

DPS
20-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I looked them up, there still a new Hacking group.

Pretty funny bunch imo.

Stephen
20-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Damn hardcore hacker didn't know who lulzsec were

danzooo
20-06-2011, 11:52 AM
pml @ this

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts!

DPS
20-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Damn hardcore hacker didn't know who lulzsec were

Hardcore? lol

Nobody said i was hardcore, CHF got hacked because there forum lacked security.

on topic - Like i said there pretty new, and i dont follow hacking groups.

Stephen
20-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Only hardcore hackers boast about hacking chf

DPS
20-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Excuse me? please read other posts.

"Marketing" clearly told me to "go and DDoS ClubHabbo or something"

I clearly said i've done better? ;s

Firehorse
20-06-2011, 01:14 PM

Boasting about hacking is probably the worst thing to do when you've got your own website adverised in your signature at the same time. What goes around comes around :P

Stephen
20-06-2011, 01:39 PM

"ive done better" sort of comes under boasting

DPS
20-06-2011, 04:31 PM
well yes... anything better than DDoSing... is easy lol... not hard to DDoS ;s

peteyt
20-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Sorry but these people need a life. While I'm not a fan of hacking, DDoSing or anything at least it appeared anonymous had reason.

Lulz Security just seem to me a group of people still living at home with their parents, probably in their basement, with nothing better to do than to annoy people by taking down websites just for a laugh.

These people are trying to prove they can do better e.g. FBI, but if the FBI can track down terrorist hackers, I'm sure some of these idiots will get caught.

Recursion
21-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Sorry but these people need a life. While I'm not a fan of hacking, DDoSing or anything at least it appeared anonymous had reason.

Lulz Security just seem to me a group of people still living at home with their parents, probably in their basement, with nothing better to do than to annoy people by taking down websites just for a laugh.

These people are trying to prove they can do better e.g. FBI, but if the FBI can track down terrorist hackers, I'm sure some of these idiots will get caught.

Actually, LulzSec are really greyhat hackers. They do it for the lulz (blackhat) but also they expose major security flaws, e.g. Sony, NHS (who they helped fix) (whitehat).

I agree with them exploiting massive companies etc, not so much DDoSing sites for the hell of it.

peteyt
21-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Actually, LulzSec are really greyhat hackers. They do it for the lulz (blackhat) but also they expose major security flaws, e.g. Sony, NHS (who they helped fix) (whitehat).

I agree with them exploiting massive companies etc, not so much DDoSing sites for the hell of it.

But didn't they apparently release a load of passwords. If they really cared about simply showing security flaws, they'd show they could get the login information, but not do anything with it. Hacking it and actually making the login information public shows that they simply want to cause as much damage as they can simply for as you say the lulz - even that word makes me think they are just kids that need to grow up.

I don't see why people are defending them. I had a conversation with someone and even if they took down MineCraft which the person uses they wouldn't mind apparently, because it would be funny. But if it was your own website or something you relied on and needed, you wouldn't be laughing.

Stephen
21-06-2011, 01:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13859868

Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor ******* did they take down?

lmao

wixard
21-06-2011, 01:51 PM
When Lulz Security, or LulzSec, first appeared in May, the group portrayed itself as a light-hearted organisation, bent on creating online fun and Lulz (laughs)

loooooooooooooool oh my god i can only imagine my mum reading this and repeating this sentence in every day conversation

GommeInc
21-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Whatever happened to the days people would write a friendly letter or email telling others of security threats and exploits? :'( It's like shooting a dog in the foot to prove to a walker that walking on an angry farmer's land could lead to you and your beloved pet being shot to death, but with these they shoot it and attempt to help heal the leg, when really a quick "I wouldn't do that if I were you" would of sufficed.

I'm going back to the 1950s, and taking the internet with me.

Stephen
21-06-2011, 02:04 PM
so apparently the guy that got arrested ran the irc

GommeInc
21-06-2011, 02:20 PM
so apparently the guy that got arrested ran the irc
So they've basically arrested the messenger? It's not a huge arrest, might explain why it's not really talked about :P

Stephen
21-06-2011, 08:05 PM
LOL at what lulzsec just tweeted a link to

Hi FBI & other law enforcement clowns,

LulzSec here with some juicy gossip.

This is Marshal Webb, also known as "[redacted]" in the "#pure-elite" IRC logs you no doubt have enjoyed. He was involved in the hacking of the game "Dues Ex" and was/is involved in countless other cybercrimes.

Also, he tried to snitch on us. Therefore we just did your job for you with great ease.

This moron is trying to flee the country in order to avoid serious punishment. Hunt him down:

SNITCH: m_nerva aka cimx aka rq42
EXPOSED: YES
AIM: mudkipznlulz / minervasx
Last known IP: cpe-174-101-240-242.cinci.res.rr.com (174.101.240.242)
1204 W Main St
Hamilton, Ohio 45013
Name: Marshal Webb

This is also the name of one of his associates, Michael, or "Hann". He's also wanted for some pretty heavy stuff:

PIC: http://i.imgur.com/OvFjc.jpg
Name: michael dean major
DOB: 06/17/1989
Aliases: hann
Address: 4520 spring ave, halethorpe, md
Phone: (443) 304-7052
Google Voice Number: 443-304-7052
AIM: ia2erkn
IRC: fred_da_godson
([email protected]), 208.98.52.207, 67.230.191.230

These goons begged us for mercy after they apologized to us all night for leaking some of our affiliates' logs. There is no mercy on The Lulz Boat.

Snitches get stitches,

Lulz Security

wixard
21-06-2011, 08:06 PM
they really do take this internet thing a little too seriously

CrazyLemurs
21-06-2011, 08:16 PM
LULZ AT LULZSEC. Just done my report on them, interesting stuff. And tbh, they let him off lightly. I'd have given them every scrap of info I knew about him. For such a big crime, you should be ratted out fosho!

sophiethenerd
21-06-2011, 08:16 PM
And thats why, it pays to not annoy hackers.

peteyt
21-06-2011, 09:07 PM
They are asking for trouble and will get it I bet.

Recursion
21-06-2011, 09:28 PM
LULZ AT LULZSEC. Just done my report on them, interesting stuff. And tbh, they let him off lightly. I'd have given them every scrap of info I knew about him. For such a big crime, you should be ratted out fosho!

LulzSec are still around and exposing corporate security flaws, which everyone should be aware of, they're doing a fantastic job.

peteyt
21-06-2011, 10:30 PM
LulzSec are still around and exposing corporate security flaws, which everyone should be aware of, they're doing a fantastic job.

There's proving flaws, then there's targeting sites people suggest to pee off people and have a laugh.

Calvin
26-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Looks like it's the end of Lulz?

http://pastebin.com/1znEGmHa

Was posted on their Twitter.

peteyt
26-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Looks like it's the end of Lulz?

http://pastebin.com/1znEGmHa

Was posted on their Twitter.

I wonder if everything they have wrote is true or if they simply where at risk to much - I've read there where many hackers against the group trying to take them down, and with an apparent member arrested it didn't look too great for them.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!