PDA

View Full Version : TES: Skyrim ~ 11/11/11

David
14-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I searched "Skyrim" and the threads created didn't give much information, and equally got little feedback.
So I Thought I'd see how many Elder Scrolls fans are here, What's your thoughts on the newest addition, Skyrim?

I think that they've really taken the series 10 levels beyond Oblivion, in terms of detail, characters, story lines, features.. Really just the whole system has been stripped down, and re built from the feedback and requests of the fans. I mean, they now have duel-wielding, everything is in real-time, the dialogue system is amazing. I really can't wait for this release, I have the game pre-ordered but I've only just taken the time to check out some articles, trailers and gameplay, I really can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU

This was taken from a German webpage & translated with google, please ignore any mistakes.

The Dragon Hunt is On

In general, the topic seems Bethesda convenience and clarity to have taken up the cause, because the interface has been rigorously reviewed. So you get the chance, all of your favorite weapons and spells to "bookmark" to use them quickly via the Quick Access Toolbar. And even more new features allow you, the magic of all five schools arcane directly attributed certain hands and hurling for example, not only a fireball at your enemies. At the same time you lay off about a magical rune, which serves as a trap, causing additional damage. "There will be many ways to combine spells," Howard says, grinning as he stops a giant spider with runes and their cold while chasing a flash of energy in the ugly face ...

http://static3.gigagfx.de/images/cache/b5/b570c8553895fb497fd30945124cd94e.jpg
"Skyrim" simulates a very atmospheric fantasy world.

A key component of the main story is of course also be hunting for dragons. The scaly worms are supposed to meet the goals of "Oblivion" but of course be much more dynamic, which represent their behavior completely unpredictable and the battles against them, therefore, varied Boss Fights. Most spectacular are the performances of the Wyverns all, but how difficult the fighting and whether the main quest is actually less linear leaves, is not currently predict. One answer is Howard also guilty regarding the absorption of the Dragon Soul. What is the purpose of this mechanism after the death of one of those dreaded mythical creature? "No Comment", puts it succinctly by officials.

Fortunately, Howard is about the often maligned dungeon designs clearly verbose and not only promises more than 120 vaults with "a lot of organic design," but also a lot of fights next puzzle. In addition, you invest a lot more manpower and time in these important areas: "Although we do in each area designed as unique as possible, but given the large number of dungeons, it will certainly give reps to visual and design technology, however, as all dungeons different. . play " And you have to enter is not even necessarily own these dark dungeons. As disclosed, was still "Skyrim" like its predecessor a single player RPG, but it is a kind of companion system implemented that you will at least temporarily comrades on the page. Even romantic relationships and friendships are are therefore being planned.

With regard to other topics, the developers were, however, buttoned up. Neither were responses to the area guilds ("Will there be"), nor did it specifically to take horses position ("We're working on, but make no promises"). But after all, is the release date for sure: On 11/11/2011's going to go.

http://static3.gigagfx.de/images/cache/bc/bc39f527e8a7d1834cc9dd81ee3adf79.jpg
Nasty undead, dark caves, fine booty - Fantasy RPG fare from the Bethesda home.

View:

Bethesda complains with "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" not everything was in order, what up with "Oblivion". That was not to be expected, since much has made of the previous right or was even very good. Rather, the developer is working on the myriad details that can make it as a project better, and consistently eradicates the vulnerabilities. Boring dungeons? Way! To linear main story? Nope! Mitlevelnde enemies? Out with it! More complex combat system? Yeah! Credible environment and NPCs? Whew! That's how I imagine the improvement of an already great game: a sense of proportion but without blinkers. While we need to remain on the carpet, because after the first presentation without face-off option, the current impression of deception. So far the work on show but makes absolutely stand for more!

Bethesda consistently eliminated the shortcomings of its predecessor and that hits the mark. We are anxious to see if all the new features will work in practice!
Plot

Skyrim is not a direct sequel to Oblivion; rather, it is a new chapter in the Elder Scrolls series, set two hundred years after the events of Oblivion. In the premise to Skyrim, the Empire began ceding territory to the Elven nations it once ruled, because there was no heir to the Emperor's throne. The Blades had no one to defend, and gradually died, were murdered, or secluded themselves from the rest of the world. After the king of Skyrim was assassinated, a civil war broke out amongst the native Nord race – the majority being those who wished for Skyrim to secede from the Empire, and the rest being those who wished for Skyrim to stay in the Empire.
As with previous Elder Scrolls games, Skyrim begins with the player character as an unknown prisoner, on the way to their own execution. The player character eventually learns that Skyrim's civil war is last in a sequence of prophetic events foretold by the Elder Scrolls, who also foretell of the return of Alduin, the Nordic god of destruction. Taking the form of a gigantic dragon, Alduin is prophesied to consume the world with his servants, the Jills (a race of black dragons). The player character is the last Dovahkiin (Dragonborn), a dragon hunter anointed by the gods to help fend off the threat Alduin poses to Skyrim and Tamriel. Aiding the player is Esbern (voiced by Max von Sydow), one of the last Blades.

Setting

Skyrim's game world is the province of Skyrim. It is a northern province of Tamriel, the continent on which all the games in the series have taken place. Skyrim is roughly the same size as Oblivion's game world Cyrodiil, which is around 16 square miles (41 square kilometers) in area. Within Skyrim lie five cities, larger than Cyrodiil's cities, as well as smaller townships and expanses of wilderness. Much of Skyrim's topography is mountainous, and dragons are frequently encountered when exploring the wilderness. There are over 150 dungeons scattered across Skyrim, and when the player enters a dungeon for the first time, the monsters within lock to the player's level permanently, even if visited later at a higher level. Fast-travelling is a returning feature, allowing the player to instantly travel to any marked location that has been previously visited.

Nemo
14-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I
Cannot
WAIT

My god it looks so god damn amazing

David
14-06-2011, 06:52 PM
IKR, I love the look of the Khajiit and the Orc race :|
Every graphic was hand drawn, makes it 10000 times better!

Nemo
14-06-2011, 06:55 PM
IKR, I love the look of the Khajiit and the Orc race :|
Every graphic was hand drawn, makes it 10000 times better!
Indeed, the graphics are simply amazing. I hadnt really gotten into the elder scrolls games until really recently but my god im hooked. I hate that i have to wait a whole 5 months for this. I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

And the storm shout looks amazing as well. argh i want i want

David
14-06-2011, 06:58 PM
LOOOOL, I'm quite occupied, I'm working my way through Oblivion for the 6th time :L This time I have all plug-ins though :)!

Nemo
14-06-2011, 07:01 PM
LOOOOL, I'm quite occupied, I'm working my way through Oblivion for the 6th time :L This time I have all plug-ins though :)!
I recently started playing morrowind for the fisrt time, dont think my computer could handle the graphics on oblivion and dont fancy buying it. enjoying it so much though despite it being like 7 years old. I cant even imagine how fun this will be.

David
14-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I recently started playing morrowind for the fisrt time, dont think my computer could handle the graphics on oblivion and dont fancy buying it. enjoying it so much though despite it being like 7 years old. I cant even imagine how fun this will be.

I'd have to suggest XBox360 for the best experience :( !

Chris
14-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I saw some gameplay at E3, and it did look quite interesting. I'll follow it and see if it's gonna be worth buying. :)

Nemo
14-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I'd have to suggest XBox360 for the best experience :( !
That's what i intend to play skyrim on, no way is this crap thing gonna be able to hold up.

Fez
14-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Gameplay trailer came on during my trip to the cinema to see X-Men First Class.

Tried not to HGNHHH

HNGHHHH-ed anyway.

David
14-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I saw some gameplay at E3, and it did look quite interesting. I'll follow it and see if it's gonna be worth buying. :)

If RPG is your kind of game, I'd highly recommend all games from TES series, they're by far the best, along with the Fallout and KoTOR series'.

That's what i intend to play skyrim on, no way is this crap thing gonna be able to hold up.

lol, I only play old pc games, I just don't have the specs for modern ones :P

Gameplay trailer came on during my trip to the cinema to see X-Men First Class.

Tried not to HGNHHH

HNGHHHH-ed anyway.

What's a HGNHHH :( ?

Fez
14-06-2011, 09:11 PM
What's a HGNHHH :( ?

A sound you make when too much awesome.

David
14-06-2011, 09:14 PM
A sound you make when too much awesome.

lol, never heard of that before :O

Neil
15-06-2011, 08:42 AM
I can't wait, it's been way to long of a wait but it's finally almost here, I basically lived on Oblivion and Morrowind was so good as well, I don't think any of the games will live up to the pure size of Morrowind or Daggerfall but the gameplay certainly improves with the later games, shame that seems to reduce the size of the game though.

Wig44.
23-06-2011, 12:33 AM
It looks awesome but ******* CONSOLEPORT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'll be getting this on a console so I don't end up hanging myself out of frustration.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!