PDA

View Full Version : CHER LLOYD - SWAGGER JAGGER

Judas
16-06-2011, 01:28 PM
THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DEBUT SINGLE FROM THE NEW QUEEN OF POP - CHER LLOYD - AKA JESUS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MiTv29AKUw

her swagger is in check. get some of your own.
haters stay mad.

Ed.
16-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Wow. It's quite disjointed... There isn't much of a tune..
But I guess this is the kind of music that she would make.

I doubt i'll be buying this.

Nemo
16-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I feel this sums it up nicely. "sounds like a nursery rhyme"

The rap bit is....alright i guess. The "swagger jagger" bit is ******* awful though

IceNineKills
16-06-2011, 02:01 PM
There's nothing to it, it's completly crap.

dirrty
16-06-2011, 02:03 PM
well that's a load of crap.

Lamz
16-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Say Nuffin! Took a year to produce this peice of ****... Cher give up. Please.

she can call me a "Swagger Jagger" i really dnt care. :)

Judas
16-06-2011, 02:07 PM
she said this is the hardest she has worked in her life.

Phil
16-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Lads it's not terrible... Like, if it ever coems on I WILL turn it off but it's not a musical disaster. :P

RockyHorror
16-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Got leaked yesterday, she was crying over twitter about it. The whole song just copies aspects of other songs, but thats not surprising as she's managed by Will.i.am and the amount of law suits against the black eye peas for ripping music.

An article on digital spy highlights all the similarities;

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/thesound/a324992/cher-lloyds-swagger-jagger-first-listen.html

Judas
16-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Got leaked yesterday, she was crying over twitter about it. The whole song just copies aspects of other songs, but thats not surprising as she's managed by Will.i.am and the amount of law suits against the black eye peas for ripping music.

An article on digital spy highlights all the similarities;

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/thesound/a324992/cher-lloyds-swagger-jagger-first-listen.html

what the hell no she isn't managed by will.i.am LOL he produced one song for her... she's signed to cowell's label syco.

even if she was how would that be related?

Lads it's not terrible... Like, if it ever coems on I WILL turn it off but it's not a musical disaster. :P

debatable

RockyHorror
16-06-2011, 02:35 PM
My mistake, she was rumored to be signing to Will.I.Am in the US but she signed to Roc Nation instead. Even with discounting that it doesn't discount from the fact it's a mash up of songs/styles of current artists. There is nothing original.

Judas
16-06-2011, 02:38 PM
indeed but i don't think anyone would dare claim that this horse **** is anything groundbreaking

i don't really care about things being un-original or anything anymore, there's only so many ideas people can have yet so many songs exist, things are bound to sound similar/the same

Red
16-06-2011, 02:40 PM
It is sooo catchy
GET ON THE FLOOR (8)

Mathew
16-06-2011, 02:52 PM
lol, I'm not even gonna bother listening to it. She's a regular, teenage girl who has been made popular by the media ALONE. She has no talent and if it wasn't for the Crap Factor and rubbish like The Sun stirring things up, then she wouldn't be receiving the amount of negativity she does today. Bless her, trying to break into the music industry... yet another person who will come and go.

Shar
16-06-2011, 06:32 PM
lol, I'm not even gonna bother listening to it. She's a regular, teenage girl who has been made popular by the media ALONE. She has no talent and if it wasn't for the Crap Factor and rubbish like The Sun stirring things up, then she wouldn't be receiving the amount of negativity she does today. Bless her, trying to break into the music industry... yet another person who will come and go.

Agreed. She's not that good and is so annoying.

Alkaz
16-06-2011, 06:39 PM
THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DEBUT SINGLE FROM THE NEW QUEEN OF POP - CHER LLOYD - AKA JESUS
Lmao!

It's ok. To me it sounds like a Christmas song crossed with Destinys Child.

dirrty
16-06-2011, 06:52 PM
My mistake, she was rumored to be signing to Will.I.Am in the US but she signed to Roc Nation instead. Even with discounting that it doesn't discount from the fact it's a mash up of songs/styles of current artists. There is nothing original.
good luck trying to find a song that is original, lol.

Rixion
16-06-2011, 09:55 PM
horrendous, worst song of the year so far

Mathew
16-06-2011, 10:02 PM
LOL, just listened to it and my predictions were correct. It's a mix between rap, dance and general crap. Bless her.

Amberr
17-06-2011, 10:15 AM
After listening to that song i feel ashamed to live near her area ;l. Absolute crap.

Judas
17-06-2011, 06:51 PM
LOL, just listened to it and my predictions were correct. It's a mix between rap, dance and general crap. Bless her.

nothing wrong with rap and dance

wiktoria
17-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Lmao.......................................this is **** kiss kiss ill see u l8r

Muct
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG2MrBHk
1 word
AMAZING,
:d

Edited by Shar (Forum Moderator): Merged with preexisting thread on this topic.

FlyingJesus
01-07-2011, 03:32 PM
1) Using old folk songs (Oh My Darling, Clementine) as a hook is not the best hiphop decision ever made
2) The term for someone stealing your swag is a swagger jacker, not jagger. That term has never been used ever by anyone
3) Speaking of such people, she stole a few lines from Swizz Beatz when she did her "rap" on X Factor and pretended she'd written it
4) The only rhyme in the entire song is "me" and "be"
5) Pato from Ark Music Factory has better flow than her

Nemo
01-07-2011, 04:00 PM
1) Using old folk songs (Oh My Darling, Clementine) as a hook is not the best hiphop decision ever made
2) The term for someone stealing your swag is a swagger jacker, not jagger. That term has never been used ever by anyone
3) Speaking of such people, she stole a few lines from Swizz Beatz when she did her "rap" on X Factor and pretended she'd written it
4) The only rhyme in the entire song is "me" and "be"
5) Pato from Ark Music Factory has better flow than her
This.

Also the lyrics are ******* terrible, even by today's standards. And not that it should matter, but damn she looks horrible in this video, what were they thinkin?

Snooki
02-07-2011, 03:30 AM
really really catchy :(

Lamz
02-07-2011, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG2MrBHk&feature=player_embedded

meh -.-

Cher Lloyd
Wanna be Cheryl
Looks plastered in makeup

Its obvious she cant do music video's since it was edited away from her a lot... & any close ups were like 2 secs long.

Chris
02-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Don't like it at all. The lyrics are horrible and the video isn't great either.

Red
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
lmao people are so negative. I love it anyway. It's really catchy.
I don't think she is the nicest of all people but I like her music.

Rozi
02-07-2011, 12:56 PM
OK GUYS
If I was 7 again this would be my jam because the video looks like something out of tracey beaker and I could literally rap along better than she can herself

Johno
02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
my ears are now bleeding. what the hell.
is this even music?

Judas
03-07-2011, 03:23 PM
lmao people are so negative. I love it anyway. It's really catchy.
I don't think she is the nicest of all people but I like her music.

sorry for not loving everything ??? i think we are allowed to dislike things, soz for offending you

DPS
03-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I dislike her, and dont ever think i'd like her music.

But i do like some of the song, mainly some of the beats are ok, but other than that.

This wont get to number 1.

Judas
03-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I dislike her, and dont ever think i'd like her music.

But i do like some of the song, mainly some of the beats are ok, but other than that.

This wont get to number 1.

i wouldn't put it past this country tbh

ben
03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
its crap

Aaron
03-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Listened to it last night, not really into it.

alexe49
03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
It's neither good or bad. I don't really like her that much but I wouldn't turn off the song if it came on.

Oleh
03-07-2011, 05:47 PM
This is horrific. I don't even know how she got that far on the Crapfactor

ROT
03-07-2011, 06:26 PM
friday is better

orientalframe?
03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
That's the tackiest bit of crap i've ever heard. :S

Describe
03-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't like it myself for the points expressed by FlyingJesus but I can definitely see a 'bandwagon' effect going on. What do you not like about it?

Maatt.
03-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Everyone is saying they hate it... but i dont really think its because of the song....
I think you just dislike cher...
I bet is nikki minaj or anyone else sang it. you would like it.

Nemo
03-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Everyone is saying they hate it... but i dont really think its because of the song....
Even if they dislike cher, the likeability of a singer is MASSIVE for you to like the song. For example, im like ew ew ew taylor swift, but then i heard a song without realising it was her and was like OH DAMN THATS PRETTY GOOD. So yeah, even if they dislike cher, that's a valid reason for not liking the song.

But no, even if nikki minaj sang it, i wouldnt like it. Why? The lyrics are horrible, it sounds like a nursery rhyme, it's completely all over the place. And probably some other reasons.

Homosexual
03-07-2011, 08:16 PM
okay guys
jokes over

where's the real song

Judas
03-07-2011, 08:23 PM
friday is better

No exaggeration or lie, I completely and genuinely agree.

http://i55.tinypic.com/ezr40x.gif
Maybe you could just accept other people's opinions that differ to your own?

AND FOR THE RECORD I liked some of the songs she did on x factor. But this song is literally appalling. You would have thought being on X Factor and signed up to a major label they would have spent a decent amount on good songwriters to help her come up with something decent, but clearly someone thought it would be a good idea to give this ****** a computer and let her write it herself.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THIS SONG:

1) The name. Someone explain to me exactly what a 'Swagger Jagger' is?
2) The lyrics. I feel that I don't really need to justify myself here.
3) Kind of an extension of number two, basically how fake it is. She is talking about her "haters" (which ******* annoys me in itself when that is mentioned in any song), and brushing them off like she doesn't care and she is above them ("kiss kiss/I'll see you later" etc) then in interviews and on Twitter she's sitting there crying about how mean people are to her etc, **** Cher.
4) The way it sounds like a white trash/ghetto remix of "Little Donkey"
5) Her vocal delivery.
6) The beat.

I genuinely cannot think of one thing I like about this song. It's just stupid. If anyone feels like they need to take Cher's "Swagger Jagger" as she proclaims in this song, then they need help. I will get some of my own, thanks bb.

[/rant][/essay]

FlyingJesus
03-07-2011, 08:49 PM
1) The name. Someone explain to me exactly what a 'Swagger Jagger' is?

As far as I'm aware it's her misuse of the term "swagger jacker" which is someone who steals or attempts to steal the successes and creations of someone else and pass them off as their own. Much like Cher does, in fact

4) The way it sounds like a white trash/ghetto remix of "Little Donkey"

Oh My Darling, Clementine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzCSTMWix3g) actually but yeah quite an odd choice of tune, and not at all well mixed. I could almost believe she'd done it all herself actually, either that or her record label just hates her that much

Judas
03-07-2011, 08:52 PM
As far as I'm aware it's her misuse of the term "swagger jacker" which is someone who steals or attempts to steal the successes and creations of someone else and pass them off as their own. Much like Cher does, in fact

Well if that is true then oh dear.... http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/thesound/a324992/cher-lloyds-swagger-jagger-first-listen.html

Oh My Darling, Clementine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzCSTMWix3g) actually but yeah quite an odd choice of tune, and not at all well mixed. I could almost believe she'd done it all herself actually, either that or her record label just hates her that much

Oh right my bad

Either way it's a ******* travesty and someone needs to be shot for this

Slowpoke
03-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Funny thing is it's so going to number 1.

simplymagic
03-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Hate cher and hated the song when it was leaked. Now i listen to it everyday. Love it and her :')

Mark
04-07-2011, 12:26 AM
She's not bad looking in this video but apart from that, the rest is terrible! I guess it shows the true potential of shows like X Factor and BGT

Misawa
04-07-2011, 02:42 AM
I love how the video is about her thinking she's all that and a bag of chips and feeding her massive ego since she reckons everybody's talking about her, yet the overwhelming response is, essentially, **** you, you're garbage.

Judas
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I love how the video is about her thinking she's all that and a bag of chips and feeding her massive ego since she reckons everybody's talking about her, yet the overwhelming response is, essentially, **** you, you're garbage.

what does she care, for her swagger is in check etc

Casanova
05-07-2011, 09:38 PM
... I like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58OT6jlLvE

Thread moved by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): As there is already a thread discussing this!

Robi
05-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I hate it, can't stand it/her!

Eric
06-07-2011, 07:03 AM
I hate that song lol.

SuBZer0
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
I Dont think i like it really :/ she can do better.

Mathew
06-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Anyone else think it sounds like this? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzCSTMWix3g

Amberr
06-07-2011, 02:43 PM

LOOOL i can hear the resemblance :L

Maatt.
06-07-2011, 02:56 PM
It is ment to sound like Oh my darling....

All songs have stolen a tune from somewhere else.

ITS AMAZING.

Alex3213
06-07-2011, 03:15 PM

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I HEARD IT! Well actually that's a lie I was hearing the "Beasts of England" lyrics but Orwell (lol is it orwell? ages since i read that) mentioned that it was a cross between that and something else *can't think*.

No, rubbish. Waste of my time. Simply made famous by the media. Eugh how crap is it?! Annoyed now that 3 of my precious minutes AND ELEVEN SECONDS have been wasted. ok exaggeration there but yeah

Recursion
06-07-2011, 03:22 PM
I'd rather listen to Rebecca Black over and over for a day.

-Sweex
06-07-2011, 04:24 PM
umm rebecca black is better

SuBZer0
06-07-2011, 06:25 PM
LMAO AGREED!! :P

Judas
06-07-2011, 09:55 PM
It is ment to sound like Oh my darling....

All songs have stolen a tune from somewhere else.

ITS AMAZING.

*REMOVED*

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other users!

The Don
06-07-2011, 11:43 PM
The C on her top is so cringe worthy.

Plebings
07-07-2011, 12:26 AM
mind the grammar

hiya stop singing about haters please

reached it's limit when willow smith started to declare she had haters on her debut??? we didn't even know you existed before it!!!

bad move on her part in america, but atleast in the uk she can claimfully say she has haters

MUSIC STOP THIS PLEASE - YOU ARE ONLY SHOWCASING YOUR FAULTS WITH THIS HATER BUSINESS

AND STOP THE SWAG BUSINESS. OFWGKTA KILLED IT AS IT IS. STOP TROLLING MUSIC AGH

GirlNextDoor15
07-07-2011, 01:03 AM
It's boring and not catcy imo. And yes, Rebecca Black is wayy better than her. Her MV also look like some kinda advert..

-Danube-
07-07-2011, 09:48 AM
I never thought something worse than 'Friday' could actually be made...

I was listening to radio 1 the other day and they played this, then they played 'Smelly Cat' and they sound like almost identical LOL

Rixion
07-07-2011, 06:29 PM
well my gosh i thought she couldn't get any worse but wow, she really has

"dub on the track"
http://soundcloud.com/roxxanne/cher-lloyd-dub-on-the-track

Judas
07-07-2011, 11:14 PM
well my gosh i thought she couldn't get any worse but wow, she really has

"dub on the track"
http://soundcloud.com/roxxanne/cher-lloyd-dub-on-the-track

i heard the leaked snippet of that the other day, this is just too funny, i'm nearly in tears

WHAT ******* CROWN!? the tiara you brought from toys r us for your gypsy weddings? leave cher

Robi
08-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Example's tweets the other day to her were amazing. One was like "just came out of the studio, was going to name my next track swagger jagger, but some genuis already took that name" :D

Nuxty
08-07-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't get why Cher is hated so much, but the song to me was OK, the video has now kind of killed it for me now though :(

Robi
08-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Basically, she has no talent! Just like Cheryl Cole. Can't sing, can't dance.. Both just god awful, but one is hot. Also she dresses like a complete chav.. Tracksuit bottoms, hoop earings and high heels? Come on girl, your "rich now" what kind of "swagger jagger" dya call that?

Judas
09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
cheryl cole can deffo dance

Robi
09-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Hm, I suppose a little.. on x factor when she did her live performance where she mimed the dancing was alright.

Skittle
15-07-2011, 02:31 PM
It's the worst song ever

iJoe
15-07-2011, 03:23 PM
It's stuck in my head -.-

It's pretty bad though :P

Spuds
15-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Stolen the beat, somewhat ironic.

CarrieLouisee
27-07-2011, 04:38 PM
A Cheryl Cole wannabe... I was reading her Facebook page yesterday and some people were complaining about how terrible it is.

Rainbow
29-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Awful...;/

Liot
30-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm not a fan of her but the song is so catchy... The song tells you everything really, doesn't it?

=Lizzy
30-07-2011, 03:21 PM
above ^

So catchy its alright till like 0.53 in the song :)

Conservative,
01-08-2011, 08:34 AM
It (was) not sure if it still is, number 1 on iTunes, no.2 this week on Vodafone top 20 downloads. Wonder where it will be for BBC's top 40 next week...

Hollie
01-08-2011, 10:34 AM
this song is so crap, so is the video :l

Judas
01-08-2011, 11:13 AM
It (was) not sure if it still is, number 1 on iTunes, no.2 this week on Vodafone top 20 downloads. Wonder where it will be for BBC's top 40 next week...

it will be the number one song in the uk by the end of this week. which is very sad.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!