PDA

View Full Version : Question +Rep

L0st-Angel
16-06-2011, 04:22 PM
I have a question:

Using the Utube converter here (http://www.listentoyoutube.com/) you can get the audio of any video you like and then download it so you have the song on your computer.
Is it legal downloading it from there?

+Rep to answers,

Thread moved by Shar (Forum Moderator) from "Discuss Anything" as its better suited here.

lacey1231
16-06-2011, 04:33 PM
There is absolutely nothing illegal about downloading material off of youtube. The problem is uploading copyright material to youtube..
the actual downloader is just to get stuff off youtube..assuming what is on there is okay to download (legal stuff).
People ignore the rules and upload illegal stuff to youtube but that doesn't mean that you can get in trouble for downloading that same stuff.. :)

Ed.
16-06-2011, 04:36 PM
There is absolutely nothing illegal about downloading material off of youtube. The problem is uploading copyright material to youtube..
the actual downloader is just to get stuff off youtube..assuming what is on there is okay to download (legal stuff).
People ignore the rules and upload illegal stuff to youtube but that doesn't mean that you can get in trouble for downloading that same stuff.. :)

I disagree. You're not allowed to download material that you know to be copyright.....

Mikey
16-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Your not supposed to but most people do it anyway without thinking. If you want to do it then it's simply your choice but don't publicise you do it. xD

lacey1231
16-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I disagree. You're not allowed to download material that you know to be copyright.....
Thats why i said The problem is uploading copyright material to youtube.. >.<

Xegen
16-06-2011, 04:47 PM
It's actually breaking copyright law as your not paying for the music.

Although I wouldn't worry too much about doing it.

iJoe
16-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Yep it's the same as downloading of something like limewire it's just a lot safer (And possible haha :P)

Nobody's going to do anything about it though it's not really tracked so nobody's going to be sending you moody letters with fines or anything :P

L0st-Angel
19-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Rep to al - thanks so much :)

Nick
19-06-2011, 01:08 PM
I doubt it but i use video2mp3.net which is exactly like that but just a website

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!